GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Sort of sucks since theres a top 9. But I wouldnt be suprised if a player like Veleno goes in the top 9. Some club will want a center.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
3 teams in need remain in the running and that seems reasonable to me.

When I see that Chia guy sitting there he just creeps me out. I just can't get a warm and fuzzy on this person.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Faulk is a garbage player that has been the worst defensive dman in the league for last 7 years and a big reason why Canes have missed playoffs 9 straight years, Do people even watch these players or just watch stats. Faulk makes us a worse team not better he is a pylon 5/5 literal pylon
Ridiculous Faulk would help this team. Playing on a second pair and QBing the pp he would be a perfect fit here.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I thought forsure Buffalo was going to fall out of the top 3 lol

All 3 teams badly need the help, will be interesting to see who gets Dahlin
Send him to the Habs or the Canes, out of sight out of mind. Trade this pick, get some D!!!

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Hurricane fans must be thrilled. Either a dynamic offensive player in the top 3 or Dahlin allowing them to move one of their existing defenseman for a dynamic offensive player or goaltender.

New GM, old one "let go" fo rnot making any roster player trades. Should make for a good trade target if we want a piece from them

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Lol and so the one thing that might have been exciting about this off season doesn't come to pass. I guess we start the disappointment early.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Also happy that if we didn't get Dahlin, that he will be in the other conference! Especially happy he's not going to Vancouver!

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
So now which team should we want to win?

Carolina because their d become more available?
Buffalo if that gets us Risto?
Montreal doesn't really have anyone we'd want or need..
Carolina gets Dahlin because they don't need D
Montreal gets Svechnikov so the Montreal media can hate him for not speaking French
Buffalo takes Tkachuk because they were rumored to have him in their top 3

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Don't really like any of those teams as a landing spot for Dahlin, but I guess at least the Canucks didn't win him. Habs was one of my least favorite teams to win the lottery though so hopefully they're only 2nd or 3rd. I guess it would be some sort of poetic justice if the Sabres won it after losing out on McDavid.

I probably rather the Canes win it even though they're like the most meh team in the league that I always forget about even exists. But they actually do have some talented players now and a young up and coming team so Dahlin would fit very nicely into that, unless their new cheap-skate owner comes in and meddles and makes everything worse.

Reactions: Aerrol

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Ridiculous Faulk would help this team. Playing on a second pair and QBing the pp he would be a perfect fit here.
Thanks for showing you just look at his stats ridicoulus if you think he helps a team when he has been a negative impact player his whole career , He gives up way more 5/5 than he gives on a PP lmao no logic whatsoever when it comes to player evaulations . He has been Canes number 1 /7 years and they have never sniffed playoffs with way more competent other dman on their club he is a horrible defender lol .

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
There's good players at #10. There is no big drop from 9 to 10.

I do think there's a higher chance that the #10 pick is dealt now by the Oilers.

I think Chia will be working hard to pry a puck moving PP dman from some team out there and that #10 pick could very likely be part of a package to get that player.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Thanks for showing you just look at his stats ridicoulus if you think he helps a team when he has been a negative impact player his whole career , He gives up way more 5/5 than he gives on a PP lmao no logic whatsoever when it comes to player evaulations . He has been Canes number 1 /7 years and they have never sniffed playoffs with way more competent other dman on their club he is a horrible defender lol .
Ridiculous bias emotionally driven post that I’m not going to bother picking apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad