GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Carolina is very interesting for the lotto. We're already a good trade partner with them.. this might help.

Their D is already ridiculous without Dahlin.. Necas-Zadina was a dominant combo at the World Juniors.. Really any of those picks is huge for them.

Reactions: Aerrol

OilersAllTheWay

May 31, 2017
I don't really have any valid complaint (as I'm sure others would tell me) because of the number of times we were able to get 1st spot (and ultimately the absolute best player, McDavid), but that aside...

What I'm wondering is why do they not do the picks live, throw the little balls into the machine, let them come up one at a time live on TV, no waiting, no rigging.

Am I the only one wondering why it's already pre-planned on selection cards?

Reactions: Summary

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Ridiculous bias emotionally driven post that I’m not going to bother picking apart.
Because you can't pick it apart because it's fact he has worst minus since he started his career , this is not just a matter of team it's a trend and fact he also is a negative impact player , and incase you have no idea what this is is someone who has a net offence in his career that is negative , so who cares if he puts up points on the PP when he gives up way more defending , and for a team like us he adds 0 value . Did you even watch our last game against the Canes and how many of our players just blew by him like a pylon and how many goals he was a goat on . Worst move Oilers could make is putting assets into him what a waste

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I don't really have any valid complaint (as I'm sure others would tell me) because of the number of times we were able to get 1st spot (and ultimately the absolute best player, McDavid), but that aside...

What I'm wondering is why do they not do the picks live, throw the little balls into the machine, let them come up one at a time live on TV, no waiting, no rigging.

It's not rigged it would be tedious, to see random numbers drawn and then wait 10 minutes to verify. Not great for live TV.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
10 is a rough spot cause the BPA there is often a center.

Right now 10-12 is a center according to TSN. However if one of those centers gets picked top 9 we could get a guy like Hughes or Dobson or maybe Wahlstrom

Reactions: Aerrol
Aug 10, 2015

The way the lottery works is they need to determine who the #1 pick is, then once that is determined, they determine who the #2 pick is, and once that is determined they figure out who the #3 pick is.....and once those are settled #4-15 are left in their remaining order.

If they showed it this way on TV, the most exciting part would be showing #1 and it would be increasingly more boring to those watching....so the masterminds at the NHL realized that by showing in reverse order they could make a spectacle of it, hence the show we get today. Not sure there would be any way to actually show the lottery live without spoiling this.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I'm satisfied with 10th overall pick. I was hoping to move into the top 3, but there was a really small chance of that happening.

The hope is that one of the defencemen will fall out of the top 9. If that doesn't happen, I would take the Finnish center or Martin Kaut

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Do you guys realize if Carolina wins 1st, more than likely Faulk or Hanifin becomes more available and dangling the 10th overall for either one would be a huge win for us.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'd hold onto the pick and wait and see if a defenseman drops like Fowler or Trouba did (or Gormley, but let's ignore that). If not, dangle the pick to a team a few spots down that's nervous about the Islanders picking twice in front of them.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Do you guys realize if Carolina wins 1st, more than likely Faulk or Hanifin becomes more available and dangling the 10th overall for either one would be a huge win for us.

Faulk is nothing special. I wouldn't give up a first round pick for him.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

They don't have the ping pong balls with team logos on it, it's just numbered ping pong balls that correspond to previously assigned numbers. There's over 1000 combinations iirc so it wouldn't really be good tv to show them spitting these balls out then wait for people to check them vs the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad