GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
f032b84d804a2c3ed476b8b0e72ef810

Game Day: April 28th 2018
Game Time: 5:30 & 7:40ish
Radio: Probably
TV: CBC & SN

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

2015 GDT - April 18th 2015

2016 GDT - April 30th 2017

2018 DRAFT LOTTERY ODDS

cQgkwhO.png

TRY THE TANKATHON SIMULATOR

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • The Oilers representative will be GM Peter Chiarelli.

• They’re doing things stupidly this year and don’t trust that their product can draw well on its own. Picks 4 - 15 will be announced on their Draft Lottery show at 5:30 MT. Then, 3 franchises will freak out for 1.5 hours while the rest of us will tune out. Doing the 2nd intermission of the LVK/SJS game (lets say, 7:40ish MT), they’ll announce picks 1 - 3.

• Prospect notes: Stuart Skinner & the Swift Current Broncos are playing game 5 tonight in a 2-2 series against the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

• Winning the lottery is the only thing I trust the Oilers to do right.

60148601_24393500-e1397524312667.jpg

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
I'm not in the camp of people who think the Oilers are a shoe-in to win this thing, but I am in the camp of people who want to see the Oilers win it, just for the hilarity and salt that would ensue.

Sorting out our blueline would be alright too, I guess.

Realistically, I'm expecting us to draft tenth or eleventh.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
My conspiracy theory is the ref's are pissy about the Oilers because of the lotteries and the 1st overalls and the McDavid. Oil gets 1st overall this year and things might get worse. A universal salt across all fans in the league would be reflected in the psyche of the referees.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
My conspiracy theory is the ref's are pissy about the Oilers because of the lotteries and the 1st overalls and the McDavid. Oil gets 1st overall this year and things might get worse. A universal salt across all fans in the league would be reflected in the psyche of the referees.

If that’s the case, then they shouldn’t be reffing. Their job is to protect the players, not act like a bunch of whiny children.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Winning this thing would just be incredible. Both for Dahlin and the reactions around here.

Other teams I wouldn't mind winning:

Islanders via Flames, Ottawa, Florida, Blues (maybe it opens them up to trading us a dman!)

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
  • They’re doing things stupidly this year and don’t trust that their product can draw well on its own. Picks 4 - 15 will be announced on their Draft Lottery show at 5:30 MT. Then, 3 franchises will freak out for 1.5 hours while the rest of us will tune out. Doing the 2nd intermission of the LVK/SJS game (lets say, 7:40ish MT), they’ll announce picks 1 - 3.

Oh how glorious the mains will be if the Oil are one of those final 3 teams :popcorn:

Reactions: Aerrol

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I think the server will crash regardless. There is a very good chance that at least one of those teams are Canadian (plus Buffalo has a large Canadian fan base). Then you have big markets in New York and Chicago (plus controversy after all their cups), the Calgary pick to the Islanders, or the Islanders own pick that will have people discussing if Tavares will stay. Does Detroit get their Lidstrom replacement?

Too many big stories to have us talking with this final 3.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We want to be in the top 9 according to Bob McKenzie. Noticeable drop off after that he said yesterday in a radio interview. So we will probably fall to 12 or win it outright because either would be the Oiler way.

BTW I wasted half an hour doing Tankathon last night and the Oilers won more than any other team. Good omen? Let’s hope so!

I won’t be able to watch as I happen to be passing through Vegas tonight and decided to spend the night and buy a ticket to tonight’s game and take in the insanity first hand.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think it'd be really cool if Hawks or Detroit won it. Or Isles with the Flames pick obviously.

As I type that I just ran the lottery on Tankathon and got Hawks 1. Detroit 2. and Isles(Flames) 3. lol.

I wouldn't mind Rangers winning it either. Any other team winning it (other than us) would be pretty meh.

Don't want Dahlin in Vancouver or Montreal, so naturally one of those teams will win it.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I feel like this is Calgary's year.

I know that the draft lottery is our thing but today we're gonna throw a bone to our rivals down south.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The Oilers will win, so the league will create some system that is nearly impossible for the Oilers to win again and then they'll win it again next year.

I could see that. They make the previous year's winner 31st overall if they don't make the playoffs (and thus not part of lottery process).
We somehow trade our way back into the lottery and win lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->