GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Lol

Murray tanks twice and gets nothing.
Botterill’s first season as GM and gets 1st

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Buffalo has been as garbage as we have over the last several years. Hell, they even let the world know they tanked for McDavid. Seeing Dahlin go there is just puke.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Gross
Rasmus Dahlin will truly be waster in Buffalo. Garbage organization who has won nothing in it's long history with such fairweather fans.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Agree. They purposely tanked and it has paid off now.

At least the Oilers were legit crappy and didn't have to try and lose to get McD.

Really not a fan of that organization, but not of Ottawa or Montreal either and someone had to win unfortunately.

Reactions: McAsuno

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Where are all the dejection pics of him finding out he has to go to Buffalo and play for Eichel...ha ha.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Agree. They purposely tanked and it has paid off now.

At least the Oilers were legit crappy and didn't have to try and lose to get McD.

Really not a fan of that organization, but not of Ottawa or Montreal either and someone had to win unfortunately.

Yet we got ridiculed upon by the damn world with people proclaiming it was rigged that we won or that we tanked. We flat out just sucked in that year. Meanwhile Tim Murray pretty much said he even dreamed about McDavid being a sabres after they lost the draft.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm just glad Ottawa got punted out of the top 3. Don't mind Carolina and Montreal getting Svechnikov and Zadina. Hate seeing Buffalo get Dahlin. That core with Eichel-Mittlestadt down the middle and Dahlin on the back end is looking real nice.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Yet we got ridiculed upon by the damn world with people proclaiming it was rigged that we won or that we tanked. We flat out just sucked in that year. Meanwhile Tim Murray pretty much said he even dreamed about McDavid being a sabres after they lost the draft.
It's not surprise Tim Murray isn't a GM anymore. He was brought up with the most unprofessional organization in the league (Ottawa). Guy literally admitted they had their eye on McDavid/Eichel after selecting Reinhart in 2014.

Reactions: McAsuno

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm just glad Ottawa got punted out of the top 3. Don't mind Carolina and Montreal getting Svechnikov and Zadina. Hate seeing Buffalo get Dahlin. That core with Eichel-Mittlestadt down the middle and Dahlin on the back end is looking real nice.
As someone who thinks the Oilers have a legit shot to get Karlsson, I wished that Ottawa would get Dahlin, so maybe they'd feel more comfortable with trading Karlsson.

Then again, who knows? Maybe Karlsson would sign with Ottawa if he would get to play with Dahlin

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
As someone who thinks the Oilers have a legit shot to get Karlsson, I wished that Ottawa would get Dahlin, so maybe they'd feel more comfortable with trading Karlsson.

Then again, who knows? Maybe Karlsson would sign with Ottawa if he would get to play with Dahlin

From what I remember, if Karlsson does get traded, I heard Canadian teams aren't on his go to places.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
that's also why Risto is untouchable imo. You go with a pairing of Dahlin-Risto and you almost can't lose, once Dahlin matures a bit

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
From what I remember, if Karlsson does get traded, I heard Canadian teams aren't on his go to places.
How recent is that info though? I remember hearing that a long time ago.

Plus, do we know that he specifically didn't want Canadian teams because they were in Canada, or did they just happen to be on that list but for unrelated reasons? I ask because imo our team has changed so much over the years, and we are much more attractive now than we were a couple years ago.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Gross
Rasmus Dahlin will truly be waster in Buffalo. Garbage organization who has won nothing in it's long history with such fairweather fans.

Thats about to change. Dahlin, Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen talk about a great young core. Even Ryan O'Reilly isnt really that old.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Thats about to change. Dahlin, Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen talk about a great young core. Even Ryan O'Reilly isnt really that old.
I totally agree. Get some goaltending and coaching and they are a playoff lock imo, (probably even without Dahlin)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
that's also why Risto is untouchable imo. You go with a pairing of Dahlin-Risto and you almost can't lose, once Dahlin matures a bit

I wouldn't go that far.

I'm a big Risto fan, but he's not good at 5v5. You're going to be relying on Dahlin to carry that pairing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad