GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
WellwornSimplisticCanine-size_restricted.gif
Get Del to slap Connor's head on there and you're golden.
:laugh:

JetsOilersfan

Feb 4, 2012
I agree we shouldn't trade the pick, unless it's in a package for a grave need like a top tier defenseman. The TM and PC picks were just so stupid. The NHL is so dumb for requiring those compensation picks.

I don't think the Talbot deal really did much damage.... didn't we end up getting Paigin with the pick we also got? The draftees as a result of the picks we ended up giving out haven't looked like they panned out to anything anyway

But yes, we do need picks to fill in players for Bakersfield.

Yep we did get Paigin. I actually think our amateur scouting is a lot better now than it was prior to PC, but with no picks, it doesn't matter. That's what bothers me. So by the Talbot trade (and don't get me wrong it was a good trade) but those picks could be developing in Bakersfield and maybe even pushing for a job right now (well September now I guess LOL). With very few picks over the past few years, well, it's showing because the drafts before PC were brutal. There were a couple of gems in there like Khaira and (twice departed) Davidson but that's it. Everyone else has been pretty much AHL level or (in some cases a lot) worse. So yep - if we do trade it they better not trade it for a 'potential' player who 'may' be NHL ready. If they do, the HF boards will be a lot more entertaining than anything we see on the ice (save McDavid)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Winning any of the top 3 puts the Oilers in cap trouble most likely.

Winning the number one spot would offset the cap trouble if Dahlin is as good as advertised but the league hate is already real and annoying. Winning another draft will just make things worse.

Staying at 9 and getting a cheaper ELC with hopefully a sleeper star is the perfect scenario.

Wut?

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
We have a chance to have 3 1st overall picks on the team again! And I think McDavid, Dahlin and Nuge is a lot better than Hall, Nuge, and Yak.

Reactions: Aerrol

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
it's 5:30 why are we seeing hockey central. I don't care about what Nick Kypreos has to say. Show me the lottery

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I need it for IB exams this week, but still,

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Oilers, take my energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad