GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I love the format btw.

We will know the three winners for a few hours before knowing which order those three are in. Just watch, it will be really fun to do it this way

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Winning any of the top 3 puts the Oilers in cap trouble most likely.

Winning the number one spot would offset the cap trouble if Dahlin is as good as advertised but the league hate is already real and annoying. Winning another draft will just make things worse.

Staying at 9 and getting a cheaper ELC with hopefully a sleeper star is the perfect scenario.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This is it boys! The Oilers' version of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Let's win another and crash hfboards!

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Winning any of the top 3 puts the Oilers in cap trouble most likely.

Winning the number one spot would offset the cap trouble if Dahlin is as good as advertised but the league hate is already real and annoying. Winning another draft will just make things worse.

Staying at 9 and getting a cheaper ELC with hopefully a sleeper star is the perfect scenario.

lmao and you actually trust the bozos that run our scouting to draft a sleeper star? bahaha

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Oilers will win, so the league will create some system that is nearly impossible for the Oilers to win again and then they'll win it again next year.

They'd have to give the Oilers an 82 game bye into the playoffs every year-I'll take that-lol. If the Oilers acquired another team's first round pick, it'd be league mandated the pick is automatically lottery protected.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So in summary we have a 16% chance of vaulting into the top 3 of the draft? I like those odds

Reactions: MessierII

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Can we actually move up aside from top 3 spots? I thought the format can only move all the way to top 3 or shove you down 2-3 spots

Yea that

And the chances of dropping more than 1 spot are extremely thin. Two of the teams in the 10-14 positions would have to win for us to drop to 11. Even one team below us winning is not likely.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
16% to get top 3 is great. Top 2 would be unreal. I’d be happy to stay at 9 even as I don’t think the drop off is huge from 3-9. Will be a bit choked if we get bumped.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
So in summary we have a 16% chance of vaulting into the top 3 of the draft? I like those odds
It's also almost a 1 in 2 chance that we get 9th.
Let's hope that those lucky odds work one more time. If not though, can't complain. We won the McDavid sweepstakes and that is probably the most important draft since 2005

Reactions: McDrai

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
tambellini1.jpg

Reactions: Aerrol

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd love to have simultaneous live video feeds of groups of fans from other fanbases if/when the Oilers win the lottery. That would be sweet to watch and rewatch for years to come.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Can't find the old thread of us reacting of the McDavid lottery draft. I hope we win again just to watch the hockey universe burn. Sabres have been a joke of a franchise constantly tanking intentionally securing high picks, but yet they don't get ripped like the Oilers. #MakeItFive

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
If we win, they probably just redraw it right in the board rtoom and act like it never happened lol. Don't care where we pick honestly, would prefer higher than lower, and Dahlin would be a steal. See what happens, but banking on losing 3 positions not moving up.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Same Bozos that are running our draft.
Good point. But its Just chiarelli. I'm not sure how much control he has. EVen the Yakupov pick was owner driven
That being said Chiarelli also drafted Dougie Hamilton at 9 so lets hope.

EDIT: Sorry for my snarkiness... didn't mean to be rude. Somehow forgot the Boston connection lol

JetsOilersfan

Feb 4, 2012
As already noted we can only move up to 3, 2, or 1 not 'a couple'. That's not how it works. As also noted, the likelyhood of us going to #12 is about the same as winning the PB lottery. It could happen, and most likely will - once very 500 years or so (as in the #9 dropping to #12). So IMO it's #9, or a top 3. I love the idea of, if we do get 9th, keeping it and developing the kid properly like any successful team does (Wpg, Nashville, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, etc. etc.) but PC is pretty much open for business if it's not a top 10 pick.

lmao and you actually trust the bozos that run our scouting to draft a sleeper star? bahaha

As you've been told, the 'bozo's you're talking about are long gone. I'm not worried about who we draft - I'm worried about what we get for the pick if we trade it. The Reinhart deal really came back to haunt us (in conjucntion with the Talbot deal, plus losing 2nd and 3rd for PC and TM). We have next to nothing in our pipeline and have to sign college FA's to fill out a somewhat competitive AHL roster. The players we have drafted IMO are fine for the most part, just need more of them.

So anywho, I'm hoping for a top 3 so we'll keep it. Scared as heck we stay at 9 and PC trades it for some 30 year old + winger that has one good year (if we're lucky) in him then nothing but another salary cap drain. Oilers are FUBAR already - trading the #9 pick for what I think we'll get for it makes us all that much worse IMO.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Can't find the old thread of us reacting of the McDavid lottery draft. I hope we win again just to watch the hockey universe burn. Sabres have been a joke of a franchise constantly tanking intentionally securing high picks, but yet they don't get ripped like the Oilers. #MakeItFive
I remember reading the threads, and I also remember watching Youtube reactions of Edmonton winning.:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: McSavedUs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad