WC: 2018 Division I, II, III

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
In DIV IB we'll have a finale tomorrow between EST and host LTU. No matter what LTU plays vs. UKR now. JPN can climb to place two if they win tomorrow (and LTU needs to get more than one point or a loss in regulation).

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
No chance of GB beating Italy but I think any of Kazakhstan, Slovenia or GB could be promoted tomorrow.

Not that GB actually have a realistic chance.

Omotenashi

Apr 8, 2008
In division 1a do I see it right that if Italy beats GB tonight and Kazakhstan beats Poland tomorrow lunch, then Italy and Slovenia could agree on letting Slovenia win against Italy and both Italy and Slovenia would still get promoted? Seems like a very possible scenario

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
In division 1a do I see it right that if Italy beats GB tonight and Kazakhstan beats Poland tomorrow lunch, then Italy and Slovenia could agree on letting Slovenia win against Italy and both Italy and Slovenia would still get promoted? Seems like a very possible scenario

In your scenario, if that happened, the outcome in points would mean that Italy are on 12, Kazakhstan are on 9 with Slovenia on 9.

Believe ties are broken by H2H record so whoever won between Kazakhstan and Slovenia would be promoted.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Perlini scores a beauty. Fortunately Italy managed to even it up quite instantly.

... nevermind, uk scored again. Bernard is better than that.

Omotenashi

Apr 8, 2008
In your scenario, if that happened, the outcome in points would mean that Italy are on 12, Kazakhstan are on 9 with Slovenia on 9.

Believe ties are broken by H2H record so whoever won between Kazakhstan and Slovenia would be promoted.
I think Italy, Slovenia, Kazakhstan and potentially Hungary would all finish with 9 points. In that case Slovenia definitely promotes as the beat all of the other 3. Italy beat Kazakhstan and in case of a three-way tie between Italy, Kazakhstan and Hungary they would still have the best goal difference (3:0 against Kaz and 2:3 against Hungary results in+2)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If GB were somehow to hold on to this but lose tomorrow against Hungary. Who goes up?

They'd both be on 9, potentially with Italy/Slovenia and Kazakhstan too? What are the tie-breakers?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If GB were somehow to hold on to this but lose tomorrow against Hungary. Who goes up?

They'd both be on 9, potentially with Italy/Slovenia and Kazakhstan too? What are the tie-breakers?

This is just from wikipedia, but I've found it to be reasonably reliable for things like this.

1) points; 2) head-to-head points; 3) head-to-head goal difference; 4) head-to-head number of goals scored; 5) result against closest best-ranked team outside tied teams; 6) result against second-best ranked team outside tied teams; 7) seeding before tournament.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I think if more than 2 teams have the same amount of points the goal difference is the main tie-breaker.

Let's go Team GB.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Oh my....

So, Kazakhstan lose or we beat Hungary and we're promoted?
You probably need one point. If Hungary wins vs. GB and the other games work out as expected (Win for KAZ and SLO) GB will most probably end 4th. But you'll never know. The better solution would be not to calculate and just win. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad