WJC: 2018 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
The top players are not in for the game against Canada. Well, at least is decreases the chance of a key player getting injured before the tournament even begins.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
F lines during the camp so far
Zachar - Chytil - Safin
Michnac - Necas - Kaut
Pavlik - Reichel - Zadina
Helt - Kodytek - Hrabik
Lauko - Kondelik - Kurovsky

Reactions: Wooren

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Zadina 3rd line?? What? I sure friggen hope not
I'd be pretty surprised to see them splitting those guys up for the whole tournament. When it comes crunch time, I'm sure they'll stack a line. However, it's camp and many teams seem to be creating their lineups with a dart board. Maybe a blender! :laugh:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I'd be pretty surprised to see them splitting those guys up for the whole tournament. When it comes crunch time, I'm sure they'll stack a line. However, it's camp and many teams seem to be creating their lineups with a dart board. Maybe a blender! :laugh:
Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing. You simply can't get away with putting your best pure goal scorer on the 3rd line for long. Like when they start losing to Russia..
Things will change quick.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Canada / Czech pre-tournament game has started...

Do you guys want to start a GDT ? So we can share dialogue ?

Let me know...

Thanks in advance...

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
The third period against Canada was a disaster. During the first two, they were under pressure, but were able to play tough hockey and stay quite strong around their own net, which is probably the thing the coaches want from their players except of, say, the two top lines with players like Chytil or Zadina. But in the third, they virtually collapsed both physically and psychically. They need to learn a lot from this game. At the same time, some players have shown they should make the final roster (Kaut, Safin and a few others), while players like Doudera, Haman will be among the cuts almost for sure.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
well on the bright side, it was only 4-0 with 10 minutes left in the game.. czechs were gassed at the end.. its hard to compete against canada with your B-team and on top of that , no preparation games either. Canada had 3 other games already. Im really not that surprised it happened.
On another day, when czechs have their best guys, a few games under their belt, and the game means something, you have a way different result.
I woudnt worry too much. Just have some faith that they'll bounce back and beat Russia and Sweden.. ;) No need to fear, the Big3 will be here!

Reactions: Maluk11

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
well on the bright side, it was only 4-0 with 10 minutes left in the game.. czechs were gassed at the end.. its hard to compete against canada with your B-team and on top of that , no preparation games either. Canada had 3 other games already. Im really not that surprised it happened.
On another day, when czechs have their best guys, a few games under their belt, and the game means something, you have a way different result.
I woudnt worry too much. Just have some faith that they'll bounce back and beat Russia and Sweden.. ;) No need to fear, the Big3 will be here!
I expected a blowout of 5:0 or 6:1 kind, but 9:0 is too much even for my taste. Missing three elite players doesn't really change anything, this "B" team still included a majority of players who will be at the WJC.

By the way, I wonder who thought it's a good idea to play against Canada and Finland in prep. games. Were last year's debacles not enough? Czechs had score like 0:15 after prep. games against Canada and USA and I can't imagine they went to the tournament all that hyped up. Same thing will happen this year.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
I actually like the idea of 3 separated lines for our 3 key guys. It gives us a depth and chance to have our best players on the ice most of the time. It makes sense if you don't think about it like a 3rd line, but 3 equal lines. I would add Michnac to Zadina instead of Pavlik, because Reichel is really bad in transition. Also when you need a spark, you can always mix it up.

Unfortunately it was a signed deal between Czech federation and those countries (last year or maybe 2 years ago? not really sure).

Reactions: Wooren

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Sorry, we will lose 0: 9 and that's not going to happen ..? It was already here last year, yes, it was all OK too. It is not a B team.
However, the absence of five key players, not three, had a big impact on our game. We'll be much better. I am convinced. I think six defenders will need to play. Hájek, Galvas, Král (pleasant surprise). Who's next? Probably Šalda, Vala (but his skating is crazy) and then I do not know. Doudera, Haman have no chance. It will be difficult to make decisions.
And not to forget, Škarek was bad on the U18 and today it was the same, we need a goalkeeper who will be the support and not this ..:help:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I expected a blowout of 5:0 or 6:1 kind, but 9:0 is too much even for my taste. Missing three elite players doesn't really change anything, this "B" team still included a majority of players who will be at the WJC.

By the way, I wonder who thought it's a good idea to play against Canada and Finland in prep. games. Were last year's debacles not enough? Czechs had score like 0:15 after prep. games against Canada and USA and I can't imagine they went to the tournament all that hyped up. Same thing will happen this year.
You just have to try and have fun with it man. It sucks yeah, but it's a meaningless game. Who cares.
50 minutes in, it was "only"4-0.
They haven't even made any cuts yet. So they're mixing and mashing the lines. Canada had a finalized roster and already played 3 other games. :dunno:
I'm really not that worried tbh. It's always better to be underrated. Come back to me when they get wrecked during a real game with everyone playing.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
You just have to try and have fun with it man. It sucks yeah, but it's a meaningless game. Who cares.
50 minutes in, it was "only"4-0.
They haven't even made any cuts yet. So they're mixing and mashing the lines. Canada had a finalized roster and already played 3 other games. :dunno:
I'm really not that worried tbh. It's always better to be underrated. Come back to me when they get wrecked during a real game with everyone playing.
It's not okay. This is already bordering on fanatical optimism. Sorry.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I actually like the idea of 3 separated lines for our 3 key guys. It gives us a depth and chance to have our best players on the ice most of the time. It makes sense if you don't think about it like a 3rd line, but 3 equal lines. I would add Michnac to Zadina instead of Pavlik, because Reichel is really bad in transition. Also when you need a spark, you can always mix it up.

Unfortunately it was a signed deal between Czech federation and those countries (last year or maybe 2 years ago? not really sure).
Forgot about that deal. Still, gotta think they could arrange a game against Denmark or Belarus if they wanted to.

Sorry, we will lose 0: 9 and that's not going to happen ..? It was already here last year, yes, it was all OK too. It is not a B team.
However, the absence of five key players, not three, had a big impact on our game. We'll be much better. I am convinced. I think six defenders will need to play. Hájek, Galvas, Král (pleasant surprise). Who's next? Probably Šalda, Vala (but his skating is crazy) and then I do not know. Doudera, Haman have no chance. It will be difficult to make decisions.
And not to forget, Škarek was bad on the U18 and today it was the same, we need a goalkeeper who will be the support and not this ..:help:

Not so fast. Remember last year? Hajek cut in favor of Krenzelok, who was pretty bad in the pre-tournament games? Anything can happen here, especially with Prerost back in business (lol).

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Forgot about that deal. Still, gotta think they could arrange a game against Denmark or Belarus if they wanted to.

Not so fast. Remember last year? Hajek cut in favor of Krenzelok, who was pretty bad in the pre-tournament games? Anything can happen here, especially with Prerost back in business (lol).
Players who have not played have a certain nomination. Pešán is not Petr (I will never forget what he did, disaster:thumbd:). He himself talked about the absence of five key players. Hájek is a key player:nod:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
It's not okay. This is already bordering on fanatical optimism. Sorry.
Hahaha you gave me a good laugh thank you. Also, I never said it's ok. I just can't force myself to put any weight on it yet.

But that's fine. You go ahead and give up on the team after one game. But if they beat Russia or Sweden, you'll be a big fan right? :help:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hahaha you gave me a good laugh thank you. Also, I never said it's ok. I just can't force myself to put any weight on it yet.

But that's fine. You go ahead and give up on the team after one game. But if they beat Russia or Sweden, you'll be a big fan right? :help:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I remember well, was it you, who apologized to all the shameful losses last year for the fact that it is just a preparatory game? It looks similar to you this year, any disaster that you can say that nothing really happened. Well, if you think:sarcasm:
This is called to wear pink glasses:D

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I remember well, was it you, who apologized to all the shameful losses last year for the fact that it is just a preparatory game? It looks similar to you this year, any disaster that you can say that nothing really happened. Well, if you think:sarcasm:
This is called to wear pink glasses:D
I probably did say that. No shame in it though. I'd rather be optimistic and get it wrong, then pessimistic and get it wrong.
But when I say optimistic, I really mean having some faith in the boys and cheer them on. Nothing wrong with that. And I'm not even being that optimistic. I'm really just saying they'll be better when the real tournament comes along.
I think the difference between you and I, is that you had too high hopes for this team, and I did not. It came as a surprise for you and not quite as much for me. As soon as you start keeping your hopes down, you don't care "as much" about these results.. most importantly if they're pretourny

Reactions: Pouliot

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Hopefully they take Kral and Salda with Hajek and Galvas. Budik is better than Vala. He is not that great, but better than most of the guys. Vala is so slow and bad. Hrdinka is meh, something like 7th D. I like Kvasnicka, he was strong in summer, weaker in Russia. Doudera sucks. Haman? He is the only RHS, so ...

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Hopefully they take Kral and Salda with Hajek and Galvas. Budik is better than Vala. He is not that great, but better than most of the guys. Vala is so slow and bad. Hrdinka is meh, something like 7th D. I like Kvasnicka, he was strong in summer, weaker in Russia. Doudera sucks. Haman? He is the only RHS, so ...
Weird eh.. I thought Vala was our best defenseman last year..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad