Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If Ainge substitutes Tatum or Brown I will lose it

If Thomas can't pass physical I'd just keep him play out season and not offer him a contract certainly no max

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If I'm Ainge, I tell CLE to go kick rocks. They knew exactly what they were getting into, it was pretty public knowledge, now all of a sudden they are surprised? **** off Dan Gilbert.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Is this a Drew Pomeranz situation where the league steps on and offers Cleveland the opportunity to reneg?

It's not as if the Celtics tried to pull a fast one.
Would have been nice to have had the physical completed before the trade was announced, but I suppose it's impossible in today's age of instant media.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
If I'm Ainge, I tell CLE to go kick rocks. They knew exactly what they were getting into, it was pretty public knowledge, now all of a sudden they are surprised? **** off Dan Gilbert.
No trade in major league sports is complete until all the players pass their physicals. It's league policy.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
If Ainge substitutes Tatum or Brown I will lose it

If Thomas can't pass physical I'd just keep him play out season and not offer him a contract certainly no max

This is where I'm at as well. Either CLE takes the deal as is or you just void it and keep those assets for another year and let CLE have fun dealing with Irving possibly going back there.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
No trade in major league sports is complete until all the players pass their physicals. It's league policy.

I know that, but's it's as if the Cavs are acting surprised that his hip has an issue. Everyone knew it was an issue, and that he probably wasn't going to be ready for the start of the season. They could easily "pass" him in a physical if they wanted to.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This is like the Pokémon episode "Battle Aboard the St. Anne" when James uses his and Jessie's salaries to buy a Magikarp and then asks for his money back. Meanwhile, Ash renegs on his trade of Buterfree for Raticate.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This is where I'm at as well. Either CLE takes the deal as is or you just void it and keep those assets for another year and let CLE have fun dealing with Irving possibly going back there.

To be fair, I think it'd be easier for the Cavs and Irving to deal with that, than the Celtics having to deal with Isiah coming back here after all of that.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
To be fair, I think it'd be easier for the Cavs and Irving to deal with that, than the Celtics having to deal with Isiah coming back here after all of that.

Which makes me wonder if Ainge caves and ponies up the extra asset.

Kyrie made it known he wanted out.

Now, things could be super awkward with Isaiah.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Starters: Bob Cousy, John Havlicek, Paul Pierce, Larry Bird, Bill Russell

Bench: Kevin McHale, Dave Cowens, Robert Parrish, Sam Jones, Kevin Garnett, Isaiah Thomas, Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starters: Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O'Neal

Bench: Elgin Baylor, James Worthy, George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Pau Gasol, Gail Goodrich, Jamaal Wilkes
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/08/24/nba-2k18-best-all-time-teams-list

If you play NBA2K17, you can play the updated Kyrie Celtics now by hitting the triangle before you select current teams. If you buy NBA2K18 when it drops on Sept. 16, it features their all time Celtics team listed above. Would they beat the all time Lakers team listed above?

Some retired players like Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller and Moses Malone don't let the game use their images, but they can use them on Team USA Olympic teams.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Which makes me wonder if Ainge caves and ponies up the extra asset.

Kyrie made it known he wanted out.

Now, things could be super awkward with Isaiah.

I doubt he does. Danny is very good at what he does, whether people agree with his moves or not. He's not going to let himself get swindled because CLE is all of a sudden surprised that IT4 has a hip problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad