GDT: 2018 All Star Weekend - Skills Competition and All Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
no it wasn't. nobody took it seriously, nor should they have

McDavid was flying, he was doing all his moves just like the others. Showing off what they can do for the people while our representative laid back on the couch. Send Nylander next year or Marner. This guy doesn't take it serious. Man if I had the chance in this kinda thing I would have so much fun showing off what I can do. I wouldn't be freaking lazy and boring for the paying fans. Screw that.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
McDavid was flying, he was doing all his moves just like the others. Showing off what they can do for the people while our representative laid back on the couch. Send Nylander next year or Marner. This guy doesn't take it serious. Man if I had the chance in this kinda thing I would have so much fun showing off what I can do. I wouldn't be freaking lazy and boring for the paying fans. Screw that.
who cares? Matthews took the playoffs seriously and outshone McDavid. why you are putting this much stock in the allstar game is beyond me, but it's not a good idea

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Have to admit its pissing me off. Don't want a Captain like that.
Its th

You don't want him as captain because of an all - star game, man thats seriously hilarious in a non-funny way.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Its th

You don't want him as captain because of an all - star game, man thats seriously hillarious in a non-funny way.

He isn't mature enough to get a C now. Absolutely not. Maybe that's why he doesn't have a C yet. People paid to go see him do what he can do while having fun and not just be lazy on the ice. That was the first deflating thing I have seen from him outside being soft. He should probably grow up and start playing with edge and take even the stupid All Star game passably serious if he wants to lead the Leafs.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He isn't mature enough to get a C now. Absolutely not. Maybe that's why he doesn't have a C yet. People paid to go see him do what he can do while having fun and not just be lazy on the ice. That was the first deflating thing I have seen from him outside being soft. He should probably grow up and start playing with edge and take even the stupid All Star game passably serious if he wants to lead the Leafs.
definitely why he doesn't have the C yet. They said they'd have given it to him during the offseason, but he didn't throw enough dirty hits or try hard enough last all star game. I can only imagine how mad they are at him now

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, I'm upset about how he performs at an event I don't watch.

So long as he's putting all the effort out for the games that actually matter I don't care. Of course McDavid is going all out for the all star game. This is literally the high point of his season. All downhill from here :laugh:.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
With two injuries so far I don't care if Matthews tries in this ultimately unimportant game.

Yep, Matthews should simply relax and have fun...lot of other players are relaxing too...wouldn't it be something if he skates all out, crashes into the boards and is out a few months from an allstar game? Pretty sure folks would then call Matthews an idiot.

Reactions: The Rat King

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Oh my goodness, you're not serious right?
I mean sometimes it's really hard to tell over text so I'll just assume you're making a very smart joke that I didn't catch at first.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Remedial stop this spinning at once. Literally nobody on this earth except for you and 4ston care about individual performance during an allstar game. Have you watched a pro bowl? Nba allstar game???? This is a non story and you people need to stop finding reasons to be pissed off and spin doomsday demon stories.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Auston Matthews said he was trying to recruit Drew Doughty to the Toronto Maple Leafs this weekend. “He just laughed and skated away.”

I love Matthews
Yeah he had other priorities on his mind other than trying at a meaningless all star game. Atta boy Mats, hopefully he gave a wink to JT too.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

You're trolling right? :laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
definitely why he doesn't have the C yet. They said they'd have given it to him during the offseason, but he didn't throw enough dirty hits or try hard enough last all star game. I can only imagine how mad they are at him now

You are telling me if you paid $1600 for your family to go see this in Toronto and that's what you got to see from your guy, you would be happy? Give me a break. When you are up for a 10million dollar contract you should be mature enough to be entertaining at these things.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You're trolling right? :laugh:

If this was in Toronto and you paid 1600 for you family to watch this guy coast or worse, you would be bitter and don't tell you wouldn't as even your cheese All Star team lost. Are you telling me you would treat your profession like that? I hope you would take what you do even semi seriously when the occasion arises.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
If this was in Toronto and you paid 1600 for you family to watch this guy coast or worse, you would be bitter and don't tell you wouldn't as even your cheese All Star team lost. Are you telling me you would treat your profession like that? I hope you would take what you do even semi seriously when the occasion arises.

I would be cheesed because I was dumb enough to spend $1600 on an all-star game.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Quite amazing, actually. I never cease to be amazed at the lengths people can go to just for a reason to be upset.

Hypothetically you are a sprinter sprinting for charity in front of your home town. Would you jog in your heat? I sure would hope you have some pride and desire to show off how good you are in order to whip up some cheers.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
You are telling me if you paid $1600 for your family to go see this in Toronto and that's what you got to see from your guy, you would be happy? Give me a break. When you are up for a 10million dollar contract you should be mature enough to be entertaining at these things.

If you know that no one cares about the All Star game, including many of the participants, and you spend $1600 on tickets, that sounds like your problem more than Matthews' problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad