GDT: 2018 All Star Weekend - Skills Competition and All Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
McDavid had no problem trying. I guess Matthews simply isn't really of the same character and class of player. Crosby tried, Ovi tried, EK etc.
Its like McDavid is not going to play meaningfull hockey this season ....
Crosby the same. EK same.

Reactions: Beaninfritz

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
man this is the remedial I remember. When kadri kicked his boy grabovski out of favor he used these same tactics to belittle kadri. Stop it remedial, nobody in the entire world is buying your take that our franchise C and top 5 c in the league has the character flaws you are suggesting. This is a classic "in too deep" hf argument where you say something and don't realize how dumb it was, and then you keep trying to defend your noise out of ego preservation.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Didn't watch much of it. Have a hard time watching an event that is supposed to be the best vs the best, yet a guy like boyle (17pts) is there and kessel (58pts) isnt.

the NHL cares too much about trying to get as many people as possible to watch the game (having every team represented even though teams like montreal,zona and detroit really dont deserve to send a player, also stacking the AS game with home team talent )

woulda enjoyed the olympics more than that farce

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
H
From what we can tell it seems like Auston is playing through a bit of an injury still but yeah, when I look back on this season I'm gonna be pissed that he didn't try in the all star game. This is ****ing ridiculous.

I'm impressed he's still on pace for around 40 goals while missing ten games and obviously not being 100 percent but I wish he blocked that shot in the all star game.

Absurdity knows no bounds.
hilarious that you care about him not blocking a shot in the all star game.. like what?

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Matthews has proven his worth in the league but if we're being honest with ourselves, he looked out of place all weekend.
I doubt he was taking it super casual because he's a competitive guy so maybe he's still hurt?
Either way, it wasn't a good look IMO.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Matthews has proven his worth in the league but if we're being honest with ourselves, he looked out of place all weekend.
I doubt he was taking it super casual because he's a competitive guy so maybe he's still hurt?

lol

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Oh I definitely agree! Just look at his body posture!

What's funny? Did you watch? He looked horrible in the 3-on-3.
I just don't understand why. He should have been one of the best on his team.
No excuse not giving 100% for the *puts on glasses* Atlantic Division. There was a lot riding on that game.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
For F sakes people we are criticizing our franchise player for not playing hard or showing just how special he is at an all star game? He shows us just a bout every freaking shift how special he is.

No wonder why players don't want to sign in Toronto, the douche bag fan ratio to players is way too high. I think we need to make dog shock collars for Leaf fans a mandatory device. Every time a Leaf "fan" says something as stupid as he didn't try hard at an All Star game they get a shock.

So instead of celebrating the fact Austin was recognized as an All Star, people bitch about the fact he didn't put on a show.

I truly think some people are absolutely angry/sad individuals that walk around with the Eeyore complex every day. Oh woe he didn't try.. Oh woe is me...

Jebus people, nothing like making a player feel loved by nit-picking on the inane and meaningless.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
What's funny? Did you watch? He looked horrible in the 3-on-3.
I just don't understand why. He should have been one of the best on his team.

I did and plenty of players looked awful. He probably didn't prepare or wasn't focused. Or *GASP* didn't care at all.

Judging a player in this event is the lowest of the low in terms of finding something to complain about.

Reactions: mulefarm

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I did and plenty of players looked awful. He probably didn't prepare or wasn't focused. Or *GASP* didn't care at all.

Judging a player in this event is the lowest of the low in terms of finding something to complain about.

Yikes, why are you being so sensitive? No one is judging anyone. I'm discussing something I saw.
So you don't think that talking on the Leafs board about how our star looked like the worst forward on his team is valid?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yikes, why are you being so sensitive?
So you don't think that talking on the Leafs board about how our star looked like the worst forward on his team is valid?

How is this being sensitive? You're the one acting incredibly defensive by me laughing at such a weird complaint.

You do you though.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
This thread took an absurd turn. We're really criticizing guys for not showing enough intensity at the ASG? f*** sake...

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Yikes, why are you being so sensitive? No one is judging anyone. I'm discussing something I saw.
I don't think he was the worst player (Eichel looked awful) and I don't think any of it matters at all. I'm sure that's the consensus as well.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't think he was the worst player (Eichel looked awful) and I don't think any of it matters at all. I'm sure that's the consensus as well.
I'm not worried at all. I just thought it was odd because he doesn't seem to be the type to be outplayed that much.
I thought Eichel looked much more dangerous, personally.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

No not valid, not note worthy, not discussion worthy, not a second thought worthy.

In the big scheme of things how does Matthews performance at the all star game affect the Leafs? Pro tip - It doesn't ...

Austin is a dog on a bone when it matters and could really give a S#it when it does not. Which is what I want in our future captain a guy who shows up and performs when needed.

In rankings of importance I would put the All Star game behind things Austin does when he wakes up, brushing his hair, yup its ranks ahead of the All star game, brushing his teeth, yup way more important...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad