GDT: 2018 All Star Weekend - Skills Competition and All Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
While I probably won't watch much of it, I figured I would create a thread to discuss the skills comp tonight and game tomorrow. Probably only need one thread for all of it.

What event is Matthews participating in tonight?

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I can't believe Larkin is ducking McDavid in the speed challenge. Thought he was supposed to be a leader lol

No serious person thinks Larkin has the record. For all the talk about the NHL getting serious with the competition, the first thing they should have done was erase that from the record books.......but I guess it's too late now as Mcdavid would have legitimately beat Gartner last year.

I hope Mcdavid takes the record tonight and I think no one wants that more than Larkin.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
They brought Healy the clown back

Not leafs related.

I kid.

On a side note... hip hop culture doesn't seem to mix in with hockey. Hockey crowds seem a little too conservative for it. Not my opinion, just an observation.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Nice of the announcers to talk all the way thru it so you don't even know who's shooting....

Reactions: OddyOh

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
with guys like PK, who is helping a great non-traditional market become obsesses with hockey, the sky is the limit! I like seeing new markets enjoy the game, it is financially good for everyone!

Reactions: The Big D

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
why are all these teams going overseas to show off, and the Leafs don't get to go?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No leaf games in European time zones, fine by me.

true. but it just doesn't make sense.

Edmonton makes sense - McDavid
Winnipeg makes sense - Laine/Finland

just curious why the Leafs haven't done europe/asia yet.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
The Leafs are already popular and exposed. Saturday night Leaf games are actually broadcast worldwide like CCTV China, Fox Sports Australia, and most Euro sports channels like Viasat.

Plus Ottawa went to Sweden. They've sucked ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->