Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
wow!

But why is his Finnish team willing to loan him?

Are they out of the playoffs? Is he not contributing enough so he's expendable?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Awesome news!! Hope he can keep progressing and he plays on KKs wing!
Ylonen and KK on the same line.....delicious headlines.

This should give a boost to the already progressing well Kotkaniemi....

with the possibility of Caufield joining and a later addition Romanov, making the playoffs for Laval is paramount. It would give the Habs and their fans a glimpse of the possible future.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

with the possibility of Caufield joining and a later addition Romanov, making the playoffs for Laval is paramount. It would give the Habs and their fans a glimpse of the possible future.

For sure. Silver lining to the otherwise dreary seasons we’ve all endured. Having some hope on the farm and persevering into the playoffs and seeing some successes would benefit the prospects greatly.

Hope they can add and not only make the playoffs but have some success!

Reactions: dralaf and jaffy27

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I watched few games of Ylonen. I think its the king of guy who could make the big team. He is very good in stickhandling in small area. Very quick in his decision making. Interessting

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
wow!

But why is his Finnish team willing to loan him?

Are they out of the playoffs? Is he not contributing enough so he's expendable?
They are terrible and he contributes to like 20% of his teams goals, despite putting up a slightly worse ppg (.51 to .46, I think) from last year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Apparently, the potential he showed at last year's WJC doesn't mean anything. That's what some are trying to tell me anyways :laugh:

The potential you see mean something. It means....that kids have potential. But look at every single year's top players of this WJC. Since 2000. Every year except a few, you will find at least 1 player in there that never amount to anything. And that's the top players of their respective position. So we have to stop putting the WJC in a pedestal they shouldn't be in. Players that are dominating at the WJC were ALSO dominating in their regular team. The WJC didn't make them known. They were already well known. REason why they were taken in the first place.

Also, add the players that were NOT invited to the WJC and STILL ended up doing great in the rest of their career. Reason why WJC is fun to watch. I love it. It's Christmas. But it is what it is. Nothing more. Nothing less.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

this is the best announcement we had in a while.
I agree making the playoff in the AHL is more important than ever and should have been MB biggest priority since sending KK down. It would be great experience for Poehling, KK, Ylonen, Evans, Fleury, Brooks, Primeau maybe even CC or Juulsen to bad Suzuki or Mete can’t be added...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Was that part of MB plan, or is it THE plan. You never know with this secret plan that only MB and Geoff saw!!!!
As much as i hate MB and Molson, cmon with the negativity here. This is only good news, Ylonen is a guy who plays NA hockey style, he’s a late boomer who will thrives when he’ll get little bigger and stronger, he’s already been playing against men for a while, he’s got skills, great puck handling, grit and a great shot! Don’t underestimate how good it is for young bloods to have other talent around for their development, it’s great news for the rocket, KK, Poehling and possibly Caufield!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So...Ylonen has to play the games this weekend in Finland? Odds that he gets injured for the rest of the year?
50/50.....but it’s the Habs here, our prospects are suckers for season altering injuries so I give it a 80/20 in favour of injury

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

And if they don't make the playoffs, would that be the glimpse of another possible future?

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And if they don't make the playoffs, would that be the glimpse of another possible future?
I would say so :help:

man, if you got Ylonen, KK, Poehling, Caufield, Fleury, Brook, Primeau and Romanov and you can’t make the playoffs!!??

god help us

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Awesome!!! My boy in town, a couple of guys around here will start to realize all his potential soon enough!! This will certainly help Laval to make the playoffs and maybe a shot at the Calder cup, we never know...

I could see him play with Poehling, I think their high paced game will click togheter... Playing with KK woould be nice too since Huson is with the Habs now...

Count me on to subscribe to AHL.tv

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would say so :help:

man, if you got Ylonen, KK, Poehling, Caufield, Fleury, Brook, Primeau and Romanov and you can’t make the playoffs!!??

may god help us
when does Romanov's season end?
when does Caufield's season end?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The AHLtv subscription is worth it. Good feed quality and we get the 91.9 guys.

Also, KK's been fun to watch. Brook is getting better, Primeau has been dominant the last few. It's a good time to buy it.

Thing is...without Evans and Hudon....I don't see them being that succesful. We'll see what Ylonen brings. But we can't expect miracles this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia