Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Awesome!!! My boy in town, a couple of guys around here will start to realize all his potential soon enough!! This will certainly help Laval to make the playoffs and maybe a shot at the Calder cup, we never know...

I could see him play with Poehling, I think their high paced game will click togheter... Playing with KK woould be nice too since Huson is with the Habs now...

Count me on to subscribe to AHL.tv
Cant wait to see him outproduced Suzuki in the NHL... riiiiight? :sarcasm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How do loans work in the NHL?

I assume it's not like Euro soccer leagues where both teams carry a percentage of that player's salary...

Habs haven't signed Ylonen so technically, can't pay him a salary.

But perhaps there's an agreement with his Pelicans team to pay part of his salary?

Not even sure that's legal...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thing is...without Evans and Hudon....I don't see them being that succesful. We'll see what Ylonen brings. But we can't expect miracles this year.
They just need to make the PO. After that, NHL season will be over and Alzner, Ouellet(if he comes back from his injury fast enough), Evans and Hudon will come back.

Reactions: Vachon23

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It's a huge waste of time for Evans to be with the Habs right now.

CJ's not interested in playing him any meaningful minutes anyways.

Evans has not played much,but not very noticeable either though,underwhelming so far. Playing Hudon the way CJ has,what's the point of having him up.

Reactions: jaffy27

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wonder if he'll be good enough to have an impact.

When is his first game?

We have to wait and see what the Habs say, since they haven't announced this yet. I don't get why Marcotte is saying he has to play the 2 weekend games with Lahti though, that doesn't make sense. I know the Habs can't sign him to his ELC until March 1st as that's when you can sign players this year for next year as I doubt they burn a year like they did with Poehling.

wow!

But why is his Finnish team willing to loan him?

Are they out of the playoffs? Is he not contributing enough so he's expendable?

yes they are out of the playoffs, they currently are in 13th place out of 15 but they have the worst goal diff in the league at -65 in 53 games. Just 112 goals on the year which is among the worst. Only 1 player on the team had more goals, only 3 players had more points. The reason why they let him go is they have nothing to play for and he's not under contract next year so they knew he was coming over here so with just a few more games left either the Habs reached out to them since they need bodies in Laval or the team just did him a favor here knowing he was gone and they have like 4 meaningless games left.

I would expect him to play with Kotka especially now that Hudon is gone.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
when does Romanov's season end?
when does Caufield's season end?
I’m not sure on dates by I imagine we’d see Caufield sometime in late March and Romanov depends on his teams playoff success, but if Laval moves on to the playoffs, I could see him joining the team at some point, as long as we are in it.

Reactions: 26Mats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I checked the boxscore and he's not listed in the lineup today (the game just started and his team is down 1-0 already) so I don't know why Marcotte was saying he has to play the 2 games this weekend though as he's clearly not.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We have to wait and see what the Habs say, since they haven't announced this yet. I don't get why Marcotte is saying he has to play the 2 weekend games with Lahti though, that doesn't make sense. I know the Habs can't sign him to his ELC until March 1st as that's when you can sign players this year for next year as I doubt they burn a year like they did with Poehling.

yes they are out of the playoffs, they currently are in 13th place out of 15 but they have the worst goal diff in the league at -65 in 53 games. Just 112 goals on the year which is among the worst. Only 1 player on the team had more goals, only 3 players had more points. The reason why they let him go is they have nothing to play for and he's not under contract next year so they knew he was coming over here so with just a few more games left either the Habs reached out to them since they need bodies in Laval or the team just did him a favor here knowing he was gone and they have like 4 meaningless games left.

I would expect him to play with Kotka especially now that Hudon is gone.
cool thanks

Does anyone know the exact rules for how many games Evans and Hudon have to play in the AHL/NHL to be eligible for the AHL playoffs?

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
cool thatnks

Does anyone know the exact rules for how many games Evans and Hudon have to play in the AHL/NHL to be eligible for the AHL playoffs?

Hudon and Evans are eligible for the AHL playoffs, if Hudon plays 10 games with the Habs or spends 30 days with them (doesn't have to dress) then he would need to clear waivers to go back down.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
It's a huge waste of time for Evans to be with the Habs right now.

CJ's not interested in playing him any meaningful minutes anyways.
I think he will be now.

Surely, after last game, the whole "we will still try to push for it" will stop and the directive will be to look ahead to the next season.

I know you are not a fan of Claude, but he's been transparent. He said he will try to win games until he's told to stop and focus on playing guys like Evans.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think he will be now.

Surely, after last game, the whole "we will still try to push for it" will stop and the directive will be to look ahead to the next season.

I know you are not a fan of Claude, but he's been transparent.
I think he's a good coach...I just don't think he's the right coach for this team.

He said he will try to win games, until he's going to be told to stop and focus on playing guys like Evans.
perhaps the key to winning games IS playing players like Jake Evans, more (using Evans as a concept here, not necessarily saying he himself is the key to winning more games).

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I think he will be now.

I know you are not a fan of Claude, but he's been transparent. He said he will try to win games until he's told to stop and focus on playing guys like Evans.

And what kind of message is that for the kids? "Eh, you suck too much to contribute right now, but later when all is done I will try to make you happy"

Good confidence builder.

Reactions: 417

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
perhaps the key to winning games IS playing players like Jake Evans, more.
Perhaps, but I don't think so. I doubt he's setting a ceiling on how many minutes he's gonna give him. He looks at his play, which wasn't particularly good the last two game, and then adjusts accordingly.
Of course, with a clear directive from the management, Evans would play significant minutes regardless of performance. It would give him more chance to gain confidence and hit a stride.

Reactions: HankyZetts

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
We have young guys in the NHL lineup that CJ doesn't trust and doesn't play when it's close.

In other news the habs keep getting tired and blowing leads at the end of the game.

In other other news habs prospects often have development problems.

Squint... I wonder what it all means...

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We have young guys in the NHL lineup that CJ doesn't trust and doesn't play when it's close.

In other news the habs keep getting tired and blowing leads at the end of the game.

In other other news habs prospects often have development problems.

Squint... I wonder what it all means...

images

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Awesome. Glad KK is there for the transition. This will help him greatly rather than staying in Finland. I wish Evans and Hudon could go back down too just for the playoff push. I really hope Laval makes it

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Perhaps, but I don't think so. I doubt he's setting a ceiling on how many minutes he's gonna give him. He looks at his play, which wasn't particularly good the last two game, and then adjusts accordingly.
Of course, with a clear directive from the management, Evans would play significant minutes regardless of performance. It would give him more chance to gain confidence and hit a stride.
I'm not sure how anyone can really evaluate Evans...

He's basically just filling a jersey and allowing the other 3C's to get a breather from time to time.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Ylönen isn't in the line-up today. But he is signing autographs. In the Tweet, Pelicans wish Ylönen good luck in his conquest in North America.

My guess is he won't play tomorrow either.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Bouchard was asked about Ylönen, and without confirming his arrival, he still had some things to say:

He said I know the player, having worked with him at two development camps, and he also played in Phoenix with Jesse's dad, he says he is a real good skater and is defensively aware.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he's not in NY (either Rochester today or Utica tomorrow) then hopefully he plays the next series in Ohio on the 5th and 6th. that would still give him 17 games in the AHL, so he would have a good idea of what he needs to work on over the summer to get ready for next season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Bouchard was asked about Ylönen, and without confirming his arrival, he still had some things to say:

He said I know the player, having worked with him at two development camps, and he also played in Phoenix with Jesse's dad, he says he is a real good skater and is defensively aware.

Therrein :

We need MOAR greyen..

Greyen here greyen there..

Listen.. we need to greyen desguys into s... into.. if we have moargreyen we win games!

Ok.. ylonen.. 6 minute ice time. Greyen des guys..

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad