Jokiharju-Carlson
Forsling-Rutta
Gus

Sign Wingles and Carlson
Draft Kotkaniemi

Nashville 1st and Anisimov to philly for 19th overall

Philly 19th ++ and Seabrook to anyone who will take him
I like it!
Though I think I'd keep Seabrook and use the 19th OA for a good D prospect.
Pick up a cheaper option than Carlson and buy out Seabs when we can.
I am beginning to like this Kotkaniemi did though!
Now how do we pronounce his name? Coat Cany Emy!?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
That's high, IMO.

I'd put it somewhere around 8.5-10m/7-8 years whether he stays or goes.

That’d be nice. A lot of teams are going to be all over him at that price. He took such a discount last time, maybe money is not as important to him as most players.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
ohhh baby i would love for the hawks to be involved in a big name like tavares, carlson, stanstny, or e kane. just to get the juices flowing. Gotta trade AA tho.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
honestly can some one tell me what is the rule on the cap?

meaning this - a team "has" to be cap compliant, but what if they aren't, are they not going to be allowed to play??? I would love to see a team go over the cap and tell the league f*** off, this is what we are playing with hahaha...No way the league would f*** up the season and schedule by not allowing a team to play.

I always thought it was fines and penalties if you are over the cap - and this is just all in "pretend" world, interested to know the true ramifications here..I never really researched it to see.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
well if this is true, and the Hawks are to be FA players, Seabs and AA have to be moved....somehow someway, only way to do this..

Nah. There are ways. You start talking a Crawford retirement, Hossa's contract moved, possibly AA moved... those 3 guys off the books would allow for roughly 15m in acquired players.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
sign them all!!! Tavares, Carlson, and De
Nash 1st and Hossa contract to Vegas for Gusev.. sign him to 3x3.

Sign Ilya K to 3x4.5.
Sign DeHahn or other UFA 3/4 Dman to 3 or 4 x4 for a total committment of 34.5-38.5 as opposed to chasing a 8x7..56 Carlson or a 8x9..72 Tavares.

Probably have to move a contract, Rutta/Murphy and something else.

Be nice to move AA’s $, but maybe the two Ruskies wouldn’t come then?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kovalchuk-Tavares-Kane
Schmaltz-Toews-Wahlstrom
Saad-Thornton-Debrincat
Hayden-Kampf-Hinostroza

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Tavares is ten million per on the low end. He's also not playing with Kane except on the PP.

Schmaltz - Toews - Kane
Saad - Tavares - Cat

DeBrincat would score forty goals next year. We'd be last year's Isles on steroids.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Trade anisimov for late first/early second

Rutta/Gustafson, Schmaltz, 8, NSH 1st/anisimov pick for Bennett and Hamilton and 3rd

Sign Tavares and Wingels “it’s gonna happen”

Kane/Tavares/Debrincat
Sikura/Toews/Saad
Hino/Bennett/duclair
Hayden/Kampf/Wingels
Edjsell Rockford Shuttle

Keith/Dougie
Murphy/Gustaffson or Rutta
Seabrook/forsling
Osterle 7th dman

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Tavares is ten million per on the low end. He's also not playing with Kane except on the PP.

Schmaltz - Toews - Kane
Saad - Tavares - Cat

DeBrincat would score forty goals next year. We'd be last year's Isles on steroids.

I'd maybe consider swapping Schmaltz and Saad, but wouldn't complain either way. I think Saad's puck possession skills would be better paired with Toews than Schmaltz's speed would.

If Toews still can't produce then you have to boot him to the 3rd line and fine someone else to put in the top 6 in place of him.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
ohhh baby i would love for the hawks to be involved in a big name like tavares, carlson, stanstny, or e kane. just to get the juices flowing. Gotta trade AA tho.
The fly in that ointment is our defense would still suck like Pamela Anderson at a Motel 6. Add in "Crawford Retiring" into that and the 'hawks would need Kane, Debrincat, and the mystery bluechip acquisition to all put up 50+ goal seasons. That doesn't happen out of an EA Sports™ hockey game.

I'd love Tavares as much as the next guy, but that 11M could be way better spent on a couple of defenders who could actually play defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad