2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
DeBrincat was on the ice with Kane long enough to only generate a combined 38 shots last season, my goodness.

What was the total amount of time played together? (5v5 obviously)

Edit: 88 minutes. Assuming they played 15-16 minutes together they would generate 6-7 shots.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What was the total amount of time played together? (5v5 obviously)

Edit: 88 minutes. Assuming they played 15-16 minutes together they would generate 6-7 shots.

I posted that wrong. I meant it as they only got the opportunity to produce 38 shots together. I should’ve just gone by 5v5 time to make the point that they didn’t play nearly enough together.

Also, full Kane quote from the article:

“I don’t know [if we’ll get play together more next season],” Kane said. “Like you said, we didn’t really play much together. He’s got such great instincts. He’s so prepared every game. He wants to do well. I really enjoy playing with someone like that. Maybe we’ll see some more time in his second season. With his mentality, he’s a shooter and he finds ways to get open. I think I’m a guy who likes to have the puck and create plays. It could be a good mix.”

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This can’t be the first time Q and the organization is hearing Kane’s thoughts on this. I’m sure Kane has been telling people in-house for much of the season.

Oh I am sure of it as well..

Kaner to Q "hey Q, I would really like to play more with Cat moving forward"

Q to Kaner " yeahhhhhh, mustache, mustache, mustache - ummmmmm.....more mustache, gravel voice...I dont know, he is that Russian kid we got right??"

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I posted that wrong. I meant it as they only got the opportunity to produce 38 shots together. I should’ve just gone by 5v5 time to make the point that they didn’t play nearly enough together.

Also, full Kane quote from the article:

“I don’t know [if we’ll get play together more next season],” Kane said. “Like you said, we didn’t really play much together. He’s got such great instincts. He’s so prepared every game. He wants to do well. I really enjoy playing with someone like that. Maybe we’ll see some more time in his second season. With his mentality, he’s a shooter and he finds ways to get open. I think I’m a guy who likes to have the puck and create plays. It could be a good mix.”

Ah. That makes a lot more sense.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kane: “I like large-bodied centers who stand in front of the goalie, and a right-handed sniper on my LW who I can setup for one-timers.”

Q: “Cool, so what I think you said is you’d like a speedy center who doesn’t shoot much, and a rotating cast of LW - that doesn’t include the right handed sniper that’s scoring more goals than you. Right?”

Kane: “Yes coach. I’ll make it work.”

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kane: “I like large-bodied centers who stand in front of the goalie, and a right-handed sniper on my LW who I can setup for one-timers.”

Q: “Cool, so what I think you said is you’d like a speedy center who doesn’t shoot much, and a rotating cast of LW - that doesn’t include the right handed sniper that’s scoring more goals than you. Right?”

Kane: “Yes coach. I’ll make it work.”

the absolutely sad part is this is probably what actually was said..hahaha

God Kane has been a Saint here when it comes to playing with either shit line mates or not being paired with such obvious choices. Simply baffling why these two weren't paired much much more often...but hey that Red Wing guy figured it out in 5 days..bwahahaha

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
the absolutely sad part is this is probably what actually was said..hahaha

God Kane has been a Saint here when it comes to playing with either **** line mates or not being paired with such obvious choices. Simply baffling why these two weren't paired much much more often...but hey that Red Wing guy figured it out in 5 days..bwahahaha

Seriously. This is the only way he “complains” about his linemates, and he does it so infrequently despite getting jerked around so much.

I can’t believe he didn’t throw a public shit-fit when Panarin got traded. So many people would.

Reactions: AmericanDream

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Schmaltz plays Kane's game. Skill loves playing with skill, even if it's not the most effective use of their talent.

That’s fine, but Schmaltz isn’t shooting like DeBrincat does. It’s pretty clear Kane wants a pure sniper on his line.

I think it’s more important to find a center that works between DeBrincat and Kane, rather than trying to keep Schmaltz and Kane stuck together. I hope that center is Schmaltz, but I’d be okay if it’s not.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm all for Kane playing with Cat, Cat just isn't the dynamic playmaker Panarin was.

My point was Panarin is better away from Kane. There's no doubt in my mind they both prefer playing with each other.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I do think he likes playing with Schmaltz.
he definitely does, and they work well together, at times.

but watching team USA, he is paired with Blake Coleman as his center most parts of the game...Coleman is hardly a top center to be playing with Kane, but what he has is solid speed, crashes the net and opens up space for Kane, and lets Kane do all the dangling out there...Kane and Schmaltz are a bit too similar and both want the puck to dangle and it has caused some missed opportunities there...plus Schmaltz has a reluctance to shoot which we all know, so him and Kane likely aren't the most ideal pair long term as their styles are a bit too similar. Just my 2 cents for next year...just put Kane with Tavares and call it a day amirite????

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think you'd play Kane with Toews. Tavares and Kane both thrive with the puck.

They do but in a little bit different areas. Tavares always seems to be by the net while Kane is more on the wing (obviously by position but even in the flow of the game). Plus I think there has to be that incentive to come here (Kane and Cat).

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
cat and kane should play together but not with schmaltz.

with questions about who will be on the roster I will go with pairs.

Cat-Kane
Toews-Sikura
Saad-Schmaltz
Hayden-kampf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad