2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (13)
Right wing: A. Svechnikov ($1,000,000) - P. Kane ($10,500,000) - A. Duclair ($1,800,000) - J. Hayden ($1,000,000) - T. Wingels ($1,000,000)
Centre: J. Toews ($10,500,000) - V. Hinostroza ($2,800,000) - N. Schmaltz ($925,000) - D. Kämpf ($925,000)
Left wing: B. Saad ($6,000,000) - D. Sikura ($925,000) - A. DeBrincat ($778,333) - V. Ejdsell ($833,750)

DEFENSE (8)
Right: J. Rutta ($2,300,000) - C. Murphy ($3,850,000) - H. Jokiharju ($1,000,000) - B. Seabrook ($6,875,000)
Left: D. Keith ($5,538,462) - G. Forsling ($872,500) - J. Moore ($3,000,000) - E. Gustafsson ($1,200,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
C. Crawford ($6,000,000) - C. Johnson ($2,000,000)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
NHL Salary Cap: $80,000,000
Cap Hit: $71,623,045
Cap Space: $8,376,955

Saad-Toews-Svechnikov
Sikura-Hino-Kane
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Duclair
Ejdsell-Kampf-Hayden
Wingels

Keith-Rutta
Forsling-Murphy
Moore-Seabrook/Jokiharju/Gustafsson

Crawford
Chad Johnson

Let the bottom line take the harder assignments, while the top line can play against opposing teams' second line. Middle lines are pure speed and offense. Put Brinksy with Schmaltz because they showed great chemistry this year. Put Hino, Sikura, and Kane together because that'd be some crazy fast, skilled hockey and Kane makes that line legit.

Keith played decent with Rutta this year, so let them stay together. Forsling can try it with Murphy, see what happens. Moore solidifies the third pair. 3RD is unofficially Seabrook's slot, but Gus gets time there for first half of season while Jokiharju gets experience in Rockford. HJ comes up second half, and splits the games with Seabrook.

Traded Anisimov for a 1st. Hossa and a 2nd for Arizona's 4th and 6th. Re-signed everyone who needed to be re-signed. Signed Wingels. Magically end up drafting Svechnikov.

Signed Chad Johnson because his stats aren't super impressive, but he played 36 games this season for Buffalo so.... Also, his previous two seasons were much better and we need a 1B.

And what or why-- have you used that $8M cap space?

And I originally liked Ejdsell... but the more he played... the LESS I liked!!! Skating is an issue... can it improve? Maybe a little... but still not enough- imo

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Re: Edjsell- perhaps- He could Center 88/8 or 88/Dcat...
and simply get out of way like AA- get to net... and retrieve a puck on boards (like AA) here and there... but just be a net front /size/finisher like AA in 2017

But skating- and driving play... I don't see it... Kampf is way better than him (without the Shot Edje has)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It will be a hard sell to fans, who just got ticket prices raised yet again to go into the season with almost $10 mil in cap space. I am not saying to spend to the cap, but with them raising prices yet again, I have to believe they are going to target more free agents than what is being thought of right now..

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
It will be a hard sell to fans, who just got ticket prices raised yet again to go into the season with almost $10 mil in cap space. I am not saying to spend to the cap, but with them raising prices yet again, I have to believe they are going to target more free agents than what is being thought of right now..
i moved out of the city 2 years ago. kept my tickets until this year. 16 years of tickets and finally cutting the cord. very depresssing but they have doubled+ since first purchase. they did NOT want to hear that i wasnt renewing. they called 5 times after i wonder if they are beginning to struggle.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
No Forsling on the team, or what?

Keith will be one of the LD's and if they sign Moore be will be one of the other LD's which would leave one LD spot open. I would probably prefer Forsling over Gustafsson, but they just gave Gustafsson a new contract with a higher Cap hit so I figure he will be on the team which probably means Forsling will not.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If this team makes a run at Carlson (if they do this AA would be traded along with Rutta), our D could look really good.

2-JC
42-5
Seabrook/HJ/Snuggy/etc.

Signing JC would basically seal Seabrooks deal as a buyout.

I think our FA strategy with depend on where we draft.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think he helps fix our PP and shores up our D.

What would you do?

I feel like this team needs a Carlson or Faulk. I just feel like it'd be a mistake waiting another year or two just for Jokiharu to get to the NHL. Even if he does make it soon, it's pretty unlikely he'd have the offensive impact of a Carlson or Faulk.

The Hawks really are in a tough spot with the defense, and I feel like there is no right answer here. It feels like a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I feel like this team needs a Carlson or Faulk. I just feel like it'd be a mistake waiting another year or two just for Jokiharu to get to the NHL. Even if he does make it soon, it's pretty unlikely he'd have the offensive impact of a Carlson or Faulk.

The Hawks really are in a tough spot with the defense, and I feel like there is no right answer here. It feels like a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation.
Forsling might not have shown off his offensive touch much in the NHL yet, but he's been damn good at it in international competitions and when he was in the SHL.

And Jokiharju could certainly get quite a few games this year.

I'm with DHF, we need to look at guys who can defend, not ones that can run a PP.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A big UFA signing is most likely a bad move in all these cases. Especially when you already have bad contracts there.

Wanting someone to defend at LD is what I've been hoping they get since 15. Replacing Oduyas fit with the team is key but also why in regards to the UFAs out there I would rather go for De Han than Moore. De Han has done well on high pk minutes or years in heavy d usage which not a lot of options around have.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Carlson will turn 29 next season and is probably going to be seeking a max-year deal (7-8 seasons) at max-money. I'm pretty leery of giving players max years and max money near the age of 30 these days, personally.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I have an idea which basically you’ll all hate and HFBoards would explode. I’m just throwing this because I have seen them both a lot last three years and they belong in the NHL.

Ignoring some facts and focusing only hockey related stuff, I would love Bowman to make move for Kovalchuk and Slava Voynov. Kovy can still play, would help our PP significantly, with Kane he could crack 30 goals. Not slow and at least he has said he wants the Cup so maybe he could play for the team. Over last two years he has been nothing but team first player with exceptional individual skill.

Voynov, the best Dman in KHL by far and would be 1st pair D in Chicago. He has shown his capability before in L.A playing top-4 minutes and he has been just superior in KHL. Playing against the best of the best in Europe and his PP skills are tremendeous.

I made some calculations and I have Blackhawks with about $7-8m cap space after re-signings. I think those two could be had with $7mil if they want the Cup and that would be pretty sweet deal. Kovy especially has made his money in KHL (some rumours were that he had like 10m/year salary and some rumours have him at 6m per so something between that). Give them two year deals, trade Anisimov after next year when Schmaltz needs his raise.

Saad - Toews - Hinostroza
Kovalchuk - Anisimov - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Sikura
Hayden - Kampf - Wingels
Ejdsell

Keith - Murphy
Forsling - Voynov
Oesterle/Gustafsson - Rutta
Seabrook

That looks solid.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Slava Voynov is a 100% no. The dude beat the **** out of is wife/GF.

This is what I ignored when posted that lineup. But may very well delete it because it has already gone to this. And because I proposed it I might be blamed for something nonsense.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is what I ignored when posted that lineup. But may very well delete it because it has already gone to this. And because I proposed it I might be blamed for something nonsense.

People forget shit all the time. No worries.

I am all for Kovy.

Reactions: migi

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Slava Voynov is a 100% no. The dude beat the **** out of is wife/GF.

Yeah, everyone deserves a second chance, but let someone else have him. If it was just about anything else, I’d be all about it but that particular thing isn’t something people just stop doing.

If he’s that insecure about his masculinity, even with being a hockey star and having a beautiful wife, forget it, that ain’t changing.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Not at all. He will get signed by someone so it’s a valid thing to bring up.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, everyone deserves a second chance, but let someone else have him. If it was just about anything else, I’d be all about it but that particular thing isn’t something people just stop doing.

If he’s that insecure about his masculinity, even with being a hockey star and having a beautiful wife, forget it, that ain’t changing.

Nah. I am not one of the people who believe that women beaters or animal beater deserve a second chance. I still have a hatred for Mike Vick even though he has done some wonderful things for the dog community since being released from jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad