2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Severson has had a down year and while I don't have the time to check it (I have time for posting obviously), I think he has played less in PP than last year.

Murphy for Severson any day of the week. I would add if necessarily. Not much but like 3rd?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Severson has had a down year and while I don't have the time to check it (I have time for posting obviously), I think he has played less in PP than last year.

Murphy for Severson any day of the week. I would add if necessarily. Not much but like 3rd?

If that’s the price, I think that’s a no-brainer. I’d be willing to add Duclair’s rights or Anisimov as well.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Bring back Hammer and TVR.

Re sign Panarin in a year.
Hammer is done ... injuries and age have taken a toll
TVR is a never was .... he is a 5th 6th dman at best .... we have Seabrook and others to fill that role
Pannarin can be had when he is a UFA for $8-10 mil per year ... no way
No thanks on Kruger ... a 4th liner doesnt make this a playoff team

stop bringing back ex hawks

my 2 pennies

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
TVR is a never was .... he is a 5th 6th dman at best .... we have Seabrook and others to fill that role

my 2 pennies
TvR would probably have been our 3rd or 4th best D this year. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Bring back Hammer and TVR.

Re sign Panarin in a year.

:huh:

Hammer is done. He has nothing left in the tank as far as I can tell.
TVR is a solid bottom pairing guy. Always has been. No reason to bring him back when the Hawks have quite a few third pairing guys already.

Panarin isn't getting resigned when it will cost the Hawks 8x9m or so. Just not happening. I'd rather do Tavares for that money at that point.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

TVR is a solid bottom pairing guy. Always has been. No reason to bring him back when the Hawks have quite a few third pairing guys already.

Panarin isn't getting resigned when it will cost the Hawks 8x9m or so. Just not happening. I'd rather do Tavares for that money at that point.

What’s with the sudden TVR obsession again? Is he any better than Rutta?

Also, you have to be okay letting either Schmaltz or DeBrincat go once their ELC is up in order to bring back Panarin, don’t get why people are suggesting that.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
TVR... lol

In before we see Murphy for TVR with retention on Murphy.

I was a TVR critic but if he can back on a cheap deal as a bottom pairing guy it would not be the worst thing but it would have to be cheap and he should only be in the bottom pairing.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007

my 2 pennies

Panarin has chemestry with Kane. I think the hawks need depth imo and people familiar with the system. Had no idea so many wanted to move on.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Panarin has chemestry with Kane. I think the hawks need depth imo and people familiar with the system. Had no idea so many wanted to move on.
If guys familiar with the system was the answer, Then Saad and Toews would have looked more like a 1st line and less like a 3rd line this year.

In retrospect the trade was a bad one, but I seriously think a lot of people expected Saad & Toews to sparkplug each other and have better years than their respective 2017's and Kane, as proven when he was saddled with Richards and Sharp in 2015, could produce regardless but take a slight hit on the O.

Reactions: Rolo

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Watching the playoffs for a week now and the Hawks problem, IMO, is not the who it's the how they play.
These teams play with much more pace, snarl and desire with quick counterattacks.

Unless we change the how (Q), it won't matter much about the who.
I agree to an extent. Our roster, primarily the defense and goaltending depth, played a big role in our performance this season, but better systems and structure would've helped a hell of a lot.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Watching the playoffs for a week now and the Hawks problem, IMO, is not the who it's the how they play.
These teams play with much more pace, snarl and desire with quick counterattacks.

Unless we change the how (Q), it won't matter much about the who.
The hallmark of the Hawks Cup teams. First year in past ten they never once played like that, this year.

Even last year there was a stretch mid year where they relentlessly counter attacked...quick strikes, crisp passing, north up the middle. I foolishly entertained thoughts of a Cup run then, but soon that play ended. Alas, no edginess or snarl, and obvious contentedness with inconsistent desire, led to an uninspired end to regular season and being swept in first round.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Watching the playoffs ............... Its amazing how many teams are able to play an up-tempo game and still have "truculence", "grit", "and snarl" ... all things lacking on the Hawks. You can play a puck possession game ... you can play at a high speed and ..... and ..... still be physical .... its not one or the other

Thats another reason why I want Tkaczuk ... a big kid who can create space for Kane

Saad - Toews - DCat
Tkaczuk - Schmaltz - Kane

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like Hino had Hernia surgery this week. Wonder when it happened. They did not release many injuries this at the end of season exit interviews.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
BTW, I am all for signing Ilya Kovalchuk if the price is right. He can still play and would really help our PP.

20-19-IK
12-8-88

This is a pretty solid top 6 IF 20/19 get their shit together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad