Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v1.0) vs Bal| Sat, Apr 15 | 1pm ET/11am PT | Asher vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I wouldn't mind the firm line between "inconclusive = not overturned" and "conclusive = overturned" if they were consistent about it. But sometimes you get umps that get inconclusive review video and still end up overturning the call because they figure it's obvious or makes sense or whatever other reason they can come up with.

I might be wrong, but I thought once it went to replay it was decided in New York. The umps just listen in and relay the call.

But I get your point. There seems to be a randomness to it at times, which is exactly what replay is supposed to eliminate.

The play with Donaldson was a good example. He was safe. He beat the throw. Anybody watching that knows he was safe. But it wasn't 1 million per cent conclusive, so the incorrect call stood.

I'm at the point where I think it should be: one manager challenge each for the game and that is it. No more. And then used for homeruns and walk off plays at the plate.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
The offence won't be breaking out as a group. Someone needs to start clapping 400 foot bombs.

It feels like teams have figured out a game plan to get our hitters out and the hitters haven't adjusted.

The amount of pulled ground balls tells me that hitters need to start thinking opposite field to keep the pitchers honest. Not gonna pull that low outside pitch for a hr so drive it the other way.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
I know it's only 9 games in out of 162, but that may be the hope of the playoffs blowin' up with his calf right there. I said consistently we were entering the dark ages with the Jays for these next few years with this front office, but I had no idea it would come upon us this quick.

Who has the final call on putting him in there? Gibby? Some doctor?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I know it's only 9 games in out of 162, but that may be the hope of the playoffs blowin' up with his calf right there. I said consistently we were entering the dark ages with the Jays for these next few years with this front office, but I had no idea it would come upon us this quick.

Can someone remind this guy that the offence was primarily assembled by AA. The biggest impact Shapiro/Atkins have had on the organization was the starting pitching and the farm system.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Nice SO for Liriano. 10 Ks. Well done... but I'm still peeved Josh was out there in the first place. Calf injuries are nothing to play around with.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Serious question.

If Donaldson is down for any length of time (and it's seems obvious he will be), is Tellez the call up?

I don't think he will be, no doubt they will call up that utility guy they signed at the end of the spring.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Serious question.

If Donaldson is down for any length of time (and it's seems obvious he will be), is Tellez the call up?

I don't think he will be, no doubt they will call up that utility guy they signed at the end of the spring.

My guess is that they slide Barney into 3rd which, really, isn't that much of a drop off defensively. He's a really good fielder. It's the bat where we'll miss JD the most. Barney can hit, but he's no bringer of rain.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Like 90% of the roster outside of the pen was acquired by AA (or Ricciardi). The entirety of the offensive core minus Morales and Pearce was inherited by this front office from its predecessors.

Bautista is struggling and he was acquired by JP
Martin is struggling and he was acquired by AA
Tulo is struggling and was acquired by AA
Travis is struggling and was acquired by AA
the shoddy part of the lineup, like Smoak and Carrera, was acquired by AA.

Meanwhile the Cleveland team that just made the world series was largely put together under Shapiro and Atkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad