Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v1.0) vs Bal| Sat, Apr 15 | 1pm ET/11am PT | Asher vs Estrada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
What exactly is the problem? We're a very similar team compared to last year. Sure, Morales isn't as good as Encarnacion, but he's had a better start than Edwin this year. So that's not a good excuse. What is wrong with the team?

Or is it just too many players starting the new season in a slump and there's nothing to worry about?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
It's just so Jays.

Lead off batter gets on. Strikeout. Double play.

They just can't move runners. They can't play the basic fundamentals of baseball. The past 2 years they could just homerun their way out of their short comings. Maybe the homeruns will still come this year.

I just don't see why all of our accompanying players can't small ball to support the sluggers. It just seems so simple. Instead of having lousy # 7-9 hitters who are homerun or nothing, get lousy small ball players for that role.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It's just so Jays.

Lead off batter gets on. Strikeout. Double play.

They just can't move runners. They can't play the basic fundamentals of baseball. The past 2 years they could just homerun their way out of their short comings. Maybe the homeruns will still come this year.

I just don't see why all of our accompanying players can't small ball to support the sluggers. It just seems so simple. Instead of having lousy # 7-9 hitters who are homerun or nothing, get lousy small ball players for that role.

Game #8/162.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I guess we are going to have another year of counting quality starts by the pitchers.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
It wouldn't surprise me if they manage to tie the game here. The right guys are coming up.

But, in a way, this could turn out to be a good thing. This team needs to be contending by July or completely out of it. If they're out of it, they have a lot of attractive assets they can auction off in trades to bring in younger players. If they're in it, then great.

But the last thing they need is a team hanging around .500.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
n31cn6.jpg

L
O
L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad