WC: 2017 Team USA

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
These options are more like the composition of some fantasy, and not the real composition that will go to the World Cup. I am sure that students and players from the AHL will come again. Dilute this lineup of several medium-sized players from the NHL.

I agree. Probably looking at something like:

Connor - Matthews - Palmieri
White - Trocheck - Larkin
Keller - Dvorak - Fischer
Nieto - Ryan - Copp

Slavin - Hanifin
McCabe - Gostisbehere
Merrill - Murphy

Hellebuyck/Kinkaid
Demko
Parsons

Didn't really feel like guessing overseas players. I could see MacAvoy there as well if he doesn't sign with Boston.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
https://twitter.com/walsha/status/846071206604300289

They don't care about WC so good way to get out of it. I don't know whats the biggest problem with womens team. Did they ask too much because they can't bring lot of money or is USA hockey really just unfair and don't pay equally. NHLers doesn't need money so USA hockey should support juniors and womens team more. But in this case im pretty sure NHLers dosen't really care what is going on between USA hockey and womens team.

dkjones907

Oct 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Slavin - Hanifin
McCabe - Gostisbehere
Merrill - Murphy

That's a good defensive group, honestly. I'd be thrilled if we were able to ice those pairings, but is there also no chance that we can convince Leddy to play? As for forward lines, this is what I would probably do.

Lee - Trochek - Palmieri
Maroon - Johnson - Larkin
Keller - Dvorak - Fischer
Abdelkader - Ryan - Copp

Last edited:

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Larkin - Eichel - Palmieri
Nelson - Trocheck - Lee
Dvorak - Fisher - Connor
Abdelkader - Copp - Boeser
Wood, Compher

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Tkachuk- Eichel - Wheeler
Nelson - Trocheck -Palmieri
Lee--T.Jonson-Okposo
Larkin -RYAN-Eaves
Boeser

Keith Yandle-Shayne Gostisbehere
Nick Leddy-Justin Faulk
Dustin Byfuglien-Alec Martinez
Jacob Trouba
Jaccob Slavin

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
It would be great to see a REAL team from the US for once. Given the olympics, maybe we will see a strong team, who knows. The US had quite a good team the last two pre-olympic tournaments (2013 and 2009). Not super-great, but both times they reached the semis. As they did last year.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
This is weirdly one of my favorite times of year. I actually get more excited about this than the u20s. Come on NHL season end already!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is weirdly one of my favorite times of year. I actually get more excited about this than the u20s. Come on NHL season end already!

couldn't have said it any better...I am finding myself already doing the standings checking for who is out and what guys we will never get!!!

I just love the amount of highly skilled youth coming, this years team should feature at least a solid grouping of Dvorak, Boeser, Keller, Reid Boucher, Palmieri, Beau Bennett, Kyle Connor, Miles Wood, Hudson Fasching, Justin Bailey, Adam Erne, Nick Shore, Christian Fischer,Johnny Brodzinski, JT Compher, Matt Nieto\, etc...lots of solid younger names there that have speed and skill, that's what I want to see over European and 4th line plugs.

Obviously if we can land 1-2 out of Eichel, Lee, Nelson, Larkin, Tyler Johnson that's a hell of a start to build from.

lots of good young defenders as well, plenty on NJ alone...DeAngelo and Murphy out of Arizona are likely names to be asked...DeKeyser, Leddy, Johns, Bogosian, McCabe, Mayfield, etc, etc..

give me a team full of heart

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Some guys I hope to see: Kyle Connor, Zach Aston-Reese, Mike Vecchione, Jack Roslovic, Clayton Keller, Brock Boeser, Luke Kunin, Will Butcher, Robbie Russo, JT Compher. I'm sure not all of them will be available or something but they'd be nice starting pieces.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Avanced roster

Hellebuyck,Schneider,Miller,Bishop,Howard,Kinkaid,Stolarz,Campbell,Nedeljkovic ,Parsons

Abdelkader-Eichel- Wheeler
Nelson- Trocheck -Palmieri
Lee--T.Jonson-Okposo
Larkin -RYAN-Eaves
Prince-Dvorak-Stempniak
Wood-Lowry-Anderson
Bellows-B.Gionta-D Brown
Miller-Lewis-Bracco
Connor-Dowd-Roslovic
Foley-Glendening-Bennett
Compher--J.T. Brown
Erne-Harper-Terry
Greenway-VandeVelde-White
Jack Skille-Kunin-Fischer
S Milano-Shore-Thompson
Megna-Keller-Boeser
Fasching-Boucher-Condra
Laczynski

Byfuglien-Leddy
Martinez- Faulk
Gostisbehere-Goligoski
Slavin- Trouba
Hanifin-McCabe
Moore- Pesce
Murphy-Forbort
DeAngelo-DeKeyser
E Greene-Bogosian
Johns-Lindgren
Jensen-Fox
Santini-Cecconi
Fitzgerald-Pateryn
Gravel-McAvoy
Tennyson
LaDue-Gilbert
Witkowski-Stuart
M Greene-Strait
Lashoff-McBain

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
couldn't have said it any better...I am finding myself already doing the standings checking for who is out and what guys we will never get!!!

I just love the amount of highly skilled youth coming, this years team should feature at least a solid grouping of Dvorak, Boeser, Keller, Reid Boucher, Palmieri, Beau Bennett, Kyle Connor, Miles Wood, Hudson Fasching, Justin Bailey, Adam Erne, Nick Shore, Christian Fischer,Johnny Brodzinski, JT Compher, Matt Nieto\, etc...lots of solid younger names there that have speed and skill, that's what I want to see over European and 4th line plugs.

Obviously if we can land 1-2 out of Eichel, Lee, Nelson, Larkin, Tyler Johnson that's a hell of a start to build from.

lots of good young defenders as well, plenty on NJ alone...DeAngelo and Murphy out of Arizona are likely names to be asked...DeKeyser, Leddy, Johns, Bogosian, McCabe, Mayfield, etc, etc..

give me a team full of heart

Yeah ever since we transitioned this team toward more of a u25 type thing than just a bunch of euro based veterans it's been much more exciting to follow just for the reason you listed.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I just hope they don't waste spots on Matt Hendricks type guys when they start announcing the roster. You invite those guys at the very end if you really have no choice because all the talented guys--including 1st round playoff losers--decline. Don't start building the team with the 4th liners please.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I think if the USA managed to actually get all the star players ratings for the tournament would increase dramatically. It's too hard to sell the idea of the team as it is now.
I agree. I think that the article has a very good point on the co-relations with the olympics though. There is something into it that makes sense.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I just hope they don't waste spots on Matt Hendricks type guys when they start announcing the roster. You invite those guys at the very end if you really have no choice because all the talented guys--including 1st round playoff losers--decline. Don't start building the team with the 4th liners please.

Actually if you have young team like USA normally have in this tournament, guy like Hendricks is a good fit. He was pretty decent in both tournaments what he played and was important guy in locker room.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
It would be nice if US players would cooperate for a change and I can get my dream Canada v USA final. The most entertaining brand of hockey you can find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad