WJC: 2017 Team USA Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
The part I like most about Greenway is he is just a bully out there. Hes impossible to move in front of the net and uses his size very well

I liked him for the same reason. Big kid, hard to move off the puck or from the front of the net. And Bracco is one heck of a skater.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
New forward lines against Slovakia and Woll gets the start:

Keller - White - Anderson
Greenway - Kunin - Bracco
Bellows - Roslovic - Thompson
Foley - Laczynski - Terry
Harper

Jones - McAvoy
Lindgren - Fox
Ahcan - Cecconi
Fitzgerald

Woll
Parsons

On paper I like these lines more than what was put forth against Latvia, although it's tough to break up that first line. However, now Foley and Terry are in more appropriate roles on the 4th line, Anderson gets a chance with his old linemate Keller to see if he's worthy up there, and Bellows is on a line more suited to stymie his offensive capabilities.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Overall, a good effort tonight. Game was not as close as the score would indicate as the team dominated the play for most of the game.

Slovakia was good in the first, although it felt like nearly all of their offensive chances came on the two PPs in the first. Other than that, Woll wasn't tested, the bad goal at the end included.

I thought the collective forward lines showed better tonight than against Latvia, so I'm interested to see what Motzko does, if anything, with the lines.

Special Teams needs to be better. It was only 2 chances, but the PK was bad (credit to Slovakia as well), and the PP needs to more decisive in its decision making.

I'm guessing Martin Marincin is a favorite player of many on Team Slovakia given the way they were leading with the elbow tonight.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Roslovic this game >>>>>>>>>>>> Roslovic last game. MUCH better performance from him. Even if you don't take his points into consideration.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Roslovic this game >>>>>>>>>>>> Roslovic last game. MUCH better performance from him. Even if you don't take his points into consideration.
Yes, I was one of the guys heaping criticism on him the previous game, but he looked quite good today. Credit were credit is due.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Greenway is really difficult to play with (dont get me wrong....I love him). He carries the puck so well and brings it to unusual places and weird angles. It definitely bothers the defense but you can also see his teammates scrambling to get to appropriate places because he doesnt take the usual routes to the net. He's a really interesting player.

On the other hand, youve got Tage. Very simple....fire away. God, he looks great.

Who gave Kunin the green light? Firing from everywhere.

Not happy with special teams at all. The breakdown in the pk (Im blaming McAvoy) was inexcusable and the pp spent a lot of time on the outside and didnt seem to have much interest in trying to get the puck low.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
With all the BU kids here, can someone please explain why BU's leading point scorer is getting so little ice time? Harper can score against men aged 18-22 but he's not getting many opportunities to score against kids 16-19. It's not like he's coming from juniors, he's already leading the scoring against men.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
With all the BU kids here, can someone please explain why BU's leading point scorer is getting so little ice time? Harper can score against men aged 18-22 but he's not getting many opportunities to score against kids 16-19. It's not like he's coming from juniors, he's already leading the scoring against men.

Agree, why are the BU kids not playing together? Why is an AHLer your 3rd C? I don't understand some of these line combos.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I've seen some complaints that USA wasn't able to run the score up more on Latvia\Slovakia, but I wonder if those folks just didn't watch the games in the previous years where they struggled to beat the weaker teams at all. 5-2 and 6-1 may not seem like lopsided scores, but the on-ice play and zone dominance is hugely improved over last year, for example.

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
Just saw the team walking down near university st. Kind of forget these are just kids. They were all in their blue team USA jackets and I thought they were just kids on a field trip or something.

Except Greenway. He towered over everyone else.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What do you mean by this?

He's suggesting someone playing in the AHL (Roslovic) should not be the 3rd C under White and Kunin.

If White and Kunin decided to leave school they could be playing in the AHL now too. White is likely to join the Sens after the BC season.

Most all of the team is still in the NCAA or CHL so .. Roslovic is the best because he is in the AHL ? Don't think so.

Last edited:

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
US withstood a big push by Russia in the 3rd. The D cleaned up pucks down below the dots pretty quickly. The special teams though, gotta work on both the PK and PP tomorrow. Way too much standing around on the Powerplay.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Overall it seemed like a pretty solid line-up in terms of balance today. At least 3 lines were noticeable.

Bellows looked better today than up to this point I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad