WC: 2017 Team Switzerland

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Any reported reason Nino isn't playing this year? He usaully shows up. Probably because his contract is up?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Hischier was considered but he looked like he had nothing left in the tank at the u18 WC.

Niederreiter is not in the team because of his contract situation.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
First registration: http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/teams/#SUI

Not registred yet: Schlegel, Schlumpf, Marti, Rüfenacht, Suri, Almond, Herzog, Hollenstein

I guess it means Suri and Herzog won't be part of the lineup on Saturday. Maybe one of Marti and Schlumpf if Fischer wants to keep the door open for an NHL defenseman.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Can you name some pp fwds?
Who's gonna play with Brunner in even strength?

:help:
I'd say that the most consistent line has been Hollenstein Haas Praplan, the other lines have been shuffled quite a lot in the preparation matches. Specially because Richards arrived late, Malgin got injured etc.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The lines during yesterday's practice:

Suter - Malgin - Ambühl
Bodenmann - Richard - Brunner
Hollenstein - Haas - Praplan
Schäppi - Almond - Rüfenacht

lake79

May 5, 2017
Anyone has an idea of the d-men on PP? Untersander will play since he got an great season on NLA?

Edit: Thank you very much.

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Diaz is a lock for the first power play unit. For the second unit, Untersander took the spot from Loeffel when he joined the team.

The first PP against Canada was
--------- Rüfenacht ---------
Brunner - Almond - Ambühl
----------- Diaz ------------

I can't remember the 2nd unit but I'm sure Untersander was on the blue line and Malgin was playing.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I think we might see the Hollenstein-line on the 2nd PP-unit, together with Untersander and maybe Richard.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The defensive pairs during the last practice:

Diaz - Furrer
Untersander - Kukan
Loeffel - Genazzi
Marti - Schlumpf

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
So, after this disappointing start, any thought on where to go from here?

I'd keep the Haas and Almond line, but Brunner needs to play with Ambühl, they work well on the PP and had good games together during the training camp. And I'd play Loeffel on the 2nd PP unit, that's his main strength and Untersander hasn't exactly impressed.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Or Kukan, who just played 11 minutes and had no ice-time on the PK which I find is quite strange. He didn't look outstanding but way better than the others.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
What the helll happened? I watched the first period then I had to go out. When I checked the result I was left...uhm..surprised?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
2nd period was ok, a few good chances and then a few consecutive mistakes lead to a shorthanded goal. Beginning of the third was ok too, but Slovenia could score on a Hiller mistake after a bad positioning by the defense. Then three consecutive penalties with 8 minutes left led to two PP goals.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
So after Nashville progressing it probably doesn't make sense to keep spots open. Meier could be out by earliest on Friday which is probably too late.

Don't think that there will be a roster change for the France-game.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
So after Nashville progressing it probably doesn't make sense to keep spots open. Meier could be out by earliest on Friday which is probably too late.

Don't think that there will be a roster change for the France-game.

I don't think Meier would be a huge upgrade right now, especially after a very long season with lots of travelling.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Streit could be out on Wednesday, I would consider him if Switzerland wins the next two games. And I would wait before registering Suri and Schlumpf anyway, it's good to leave more options in case of injuries (remember 2012 and Seger and Von Gunten playing forward?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad