WC: 2017 Team Denmark

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
where Jesper Jensen from Brynas?

He had to decline.

He had a shoulder operation last spring and its been an issue all through out play offs, so that is most likely the reason why he said no.

Really disappointed that so few NHL players declined, but I guess its understandable. DK isnt in danger of going to the B division because we host next year and every single NHL player said they would love to come play in Denmark if they arent in the stanley cup playoff. So I guess they are trying to get som leverage on the clubs too.

Last edited:

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Are not in the team due to injury or said no

Frederik Andersen

Philip Larsen
Daniel Nielsen
Stefan Lassen

Jannik Hansen
Mikkel Bødker
Frans Nielsen
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Jesper Jensen
Mathias From

wait
Nicklas Jensen
Lars Eller

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Are not in the team due to injury or said no

Frederik Andersen

Philip Larsen
Daniel Nielsen
Stefan Lassen

Jannik Hansen
Mikkel Bødker
Frans Nielsen
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Jesper Jensen
Mathias From

wait
Nicklas Jensen
Lars Eller

This is a very disappointing list for Denmark, hopefully it will be much better in Denmark next year.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
This is a very disappointing list for Denmark, hopefully it will be much better in Denmark next year.

I suspect the two things are connected. I cant imagine anyone who doesnt want to play WCH on homeground and therefore has declined this year, to ease up on clubs and family.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Kinda sad that we could have replaced 12 people on the team.

On the other side, since we cant relegate to division B this year, giving 5 players their first start on the national team is a good idea I guess.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
We need coaching change.

Yes. I dont know why the coach still has a job after the Olympic disaster.

AND we need our best player to stop showing up 1 or 2 at the time and get a decent team just once.

Its not our coach fault that 13 players declined this year. 3 because of injuries, the rest because they cant be arsed or the club says no. Its a pretty big deal for a country like Denmark when half the team can be replaced by players.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Because it was our coach's fault?

We came with the strongest team on paper, which meant that we were going to underestimate Russia if we were playing them.....danish mentality never changes...

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Because it was our coach's fault?

We came with the strongest team on paper, which meant that we were going to underestimate Russia if we were playing them.....danish mentality never changes...

It was the entire team DK fault. The prep phase has been SHAMED by pretty much everyone, but nothing happen beyond that.

Has nothing to do with "danish mentality"

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
eventually we will qualify for the olympics, but I dont think it is going to happen before we are nr. 9 on world rankings. Maybe that will take 10 years and if so, so be it, but we need to move on and stop blaming everyone.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
It was the entire team DK fault. The prep phase has been SHAMED by pretty much everyone, but nothing happen beyond that.

Has nothing to do with "danish mentality"

It has everything to do with our mentality. How often do you see us win a game in any sports when we are the favourites?

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
It has everything to do with our mentality. How often do you see us win a game in any sports when we are the favourites?

Since we are one of the only countries that cares about handball... Plenty of times.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
yes, course we totally rocked in the latest euroes as defending olympic champions...:laugh:

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Because of coaching issues between the sports director and the coach... AGAIN, a coaching issue.

The olympic gold medal didnt mean a thing!

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

AND we need our best player to stop showing up 1 or 2 at the time and get a decent team just once.

Its not our coach fault that 13 players declined this year. 3 because of injuries, the rest because they cant be arsed or the club says no. Its a pretty big deal for a country like Denmark when half the team can be replaced by players.

I don't think it fair to blame the NHL players. A lot of them are getting older and an NHL season is extremely hard on body and the family. If they were saying no every year (like a certain defender :shakehead) than I think you can criticize them but skipping one year (with nothing at stake) is hardly something we can be angry about.

I agree that it might be time for a coaching change.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Joke of a team and effort this year.

Absolutely nothing to be optimistic about so far. Might even lose to Italy this year too :help:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Joke of a team and effort this year.

Absolutely nothing to be optimistic about so far. Might even lose to Italy this year too :help:

We lost something to play for in the first game.....of course we are going to lose to Italy. Its just like Germany in 2009.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Maybe we kind of needed this kind of shock. Our player pool is better than ever, but coaching and overall poor leadership is keeping us down. Let's hope that we get our best possible line up at 18.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Mentality is the big issue, but not only when we are favs. im thinking other mid to bad teams play more even against bigger teams even when they loose. we always seem to get dominated even by teams we match ourselves with, often when we win aswell, im beginning to think we have been more than lucky these past 14 years.

Always give up massive amounts of sog and dont get off too many.

it really is puzzling to me.

lets hope we dont **** off the hockey world like Germany in 2009....

Id still like to try a Danish or another NA coach with a better CV than the previous.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Id still like to try a Danish or another NA coach with a better CV than the previous.

Problem is, there isnt that many Danish coaches that would qualify for those criterias.

Heinz Ehlers maybe?

I would like to try something completely new. I remember when Kulagin and later Bragin came to Rødovre in the 70's and 80's. What we benefitted from him was everything not just on the ice, but also talent build and within the organisation.

Do any of you think Denmark could lure a Russian top coach to come? Maybe get Bragin back from his U20 job in Russia?

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Problem is, there isnt that many Danish coaches that would qualify for those criterias.

Heinz Ehlers maybe?

Olaf Eller, our current U20 coach has done amazing things since he took over three years ago. Would love to see him get a promosion.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Olaf Eller, our current U20 coach has done amazing things since he took over three years ago. Would love to see him get a promosion.

This! so much this!

Seriously..why not? Huge success with the world juniors and i like his kind of hockey...at least with the juniors.

im not in favor of experimenting with a na coach..im still in favor of a different swede or a dane. unless its somebody who can work well with a mostly scandinavian staff and understand his players..

i dont think a super tough coach will work..its always the instinct to think that they need a kick in the ass but i dont think it works in this case

but janne must go..

i dont want the style to change but just the mentality being tweaked a bit...when we have been best we had a happy, relaced but determined and confident group...we need that back

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad