WC: 2017 Team Denmark

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Had it been determined that Andersen would be a no even with Toronto out, beforehand?

I think its been evaluated by everyone early on that with the situation in Toronto with Andersen being a clear #1, the workload he had this year and Toronto being afraid of him being injured, like he did in the olympic qualification, he will sit out.

In regards to the Morten Green discussion that happen earlier in this thread. This will be his last tournament. Hes been part of Team Denmark for the last 19 years. (2 years in the B division, 17 in the A division)

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Boedker - Regin - Hansen
Storm - Jensen - Hardt
Ehlers - Christensen - N.Jensen
Russell - Bau Hansen - P.Bjorkstrand

J.Jensen - O.Lauridsen
M.Lassen - M.Lauridsen
Kristensen - M.Larsen
Bruggisser - N.Jensen

Andersen
Dahm

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Boedker - Regin - Hansen
Storm - Jensen - Hardt
Ehlers - Christensen - N.Jensen
Russell - Bau Hansen - P.Bjorkstrand

J.Jensen - O.Lauridsen
M.Lassen - M.Lauridsen
Kristensen - M.Larsen
Bruggisser - N.Jensen

Andersen
Dahm

Thats our optimal roster and it needs Frans Nielsen and Lars Eller too.

Bjørkstrand cant go and Andersen, Hansen and Boedker is a no go almost certainly.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Boedker and Hansen said no.....

http://www.faceoff.dk/mads-christensen-forstaerker-landsholdet-i-schweiz/

Christensen - Regin - Ehlers
Storm - Jensen - Hardt
Madsen - Green - Poulsen
Bau Hansen - Jakobsen - Russel
Meyer and Klarskov Nielsen

Jensen - O. Lauridsen
B. Jensen - Kristensen
M. Lauridsen - Bruggisser
Lassen - Weichel

Dahm
Nielsen
Sorensen

wait N. Jensen, Eller, Andersen

said NO or injury
Frans Nielsen
Mikkel Bødker
Jannik Hansen
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Mathias From
Thomas Spelling

Philip Larsen
Stefan Lassen
Daniel Nielsen

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Andersen confirmed NO.

http://www.faceoff.dk/frederik-andersen-takker-ogsaa-nej-til-vm/

Test game tonight against Schweiz is most likely the final roster, like 99.99% sure. The only adition remaining seems to be Jesper Jensen from Brynäs.

Goalies:
Sebastian Dahm & George Sørensen. 3rd Simon Nielsen.

1st line:
Peter Regin, Nikolaj Ehlers, Nichlas Hardt, Jesper B. Jensen & Nicolas B. Jensen.

2nd line:
Mads Christensen, Julian Jakobsen, Frederik Storm, Markus Lauridsen & Emil Kristensen.

3rd line:
Oliver Lauridsen, Matias Lassen, Patrick Russell, Morten Madsen & Morten Green.

4th line:
Steffen Klarskov, Morten Poulsen, Nicolai Meyer, Phillip Bruggisser & Nicolai Weichel

Opstilling_Schweiz-500x375.jpg

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
It is truely amazing to see Green after 19 world championships in a row...

Frans Nielsen has a rather touching trubute to him on tv2.dk

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I hope Hansen had good reasons to turn down the team. With so few players with his experience and capacity it means a lot to lose him.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I hope Hansen had good reasons to turn down the team. With so few players with his experience and capacity it means a lot to lose him.

Our hope is that they will all who can, will come on home ice next year....We are certain to survive this year after all.

We have been a lot stronger on this side of the pond for the last few years...Really help getting players like Regin back to europe, and the development of somebody like Oliver Lauridsen is vital.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Our hope is that they will all who can, will come on home ice next year....We are certain to survive this year after all.

We have been a lot stronger on this side of the pond for the last few years...Really help getting players like Regin back to europe, and the development of somebody like Oliver Lauridsen is vital.

that's good to hear. I mourn Hansen as I have seen him so much and there is nothing really bad with him which stands out(even the stone hands are gone), it is just not elite. But that is pretty good, certainly with his gritty attitude on top of everything else.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016

Not really fair calling out Hansen here.

Hes been one of the NHLers that have played on Team DK the most.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Not really fair calling out Hansen here.

Hes been one of the NHLers that have played on Team DK the most.

Agreed...the olympic qualifyers before this season did not make things easier.

im not really blaming anybody with the exception of Philip Larsen who i feel just keeps coming up with excuses.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
im not really blaming anybody with the exception of Philip Larsen who i feel just keeps coming up with excuses.

I agree 100% Its a shame, because our Blue line is really where we still struggle. We gotta learn more danes to play Back and fewer to play Center :P

Also, Its kinda strange about Mikkel Aagaard. Either he hasnt been invited or the coach doesnt think he fits the team, hard getting solid information about him and team DK.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I agree 100% Its a shame, because our Blue line is really where we still struggle. We gotta learn more danes to play Back and fewer to play Center :P

Also, Its kinda strange about Mikkel Aagaard. Either he hasnt been invited or the coach doesnt think he fits the team, hard getting solid information about him and team DK.

hmm but where would you fit him?
I dont see room for him anywhere but the 4th line and there we would already have better fits?
whats the views on From? maybe they are keeping something open for him if gets ready in time.
That dude has big plays in him
We dont need him having a pretty smile...just to play. hehe

Regarding Blue Line: i agree but it seems we have better players coming up...last world juniors showed that we are getting better defensive prospects...may not be superstars but players who will be important for the future.

i thank god for oliver lauridsen every day.

Last edited:

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I will certainly try to watch a few games of this team. Ehlers is a future superstar and I would say he will be to Denmark what Draisaitl will be to Germany.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I will certainly try to watch a few games of this team. Ehlers is a future superstar and I would say he will be to Denmark what Draisaitl will be to Germany.

Problem is, especially with a team like this year that is lacking NHlers, that he will think the game waaaaay faster than his teammates, imo this makes him ineffective on the nt. not his fault tho.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Problem is, especially with a team like this year that is lacking NHlers, that he will think the game waaaaay faster than his teammates, imo this makes him ineffective on the nt. not his fault tho.

He was by far the best player we had on the team last year. His speed is incredible on bigger ice.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Agreed...the olympic qualifyers before this season did not make things easier.

He had a pretty severe concussion from the Taylor Hall hit. Don't blame him for sitting out of the WC.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Who is playing in 1st PP unit as PPQB? Jesper B. Jensen?

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=46502

He is busy playing in the AHL playoffs as you can see in the link above.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Final team roster announced! 5 rookies when it comes to international hockey!

Målmænd

Sebastian Dahm
George Sørensen
Simon Nielsen

Backs

Jesper B. Jensen
Oliver Lauridsen
Emil Kristensen
Markus Lauridsen
Phillip Bruggisser
Nicolai Weichel (rookie)
Matias Lassen (rookie)
Nicholas B. Jensen

Forwards

Peter Regin
Nikolaj Ehlers
Nichlas Hardt
Frederik Storm
Mads Christensen
Steffen Klarskov (rookie)
Morten Green
Morten Madsen
Julian Jakobsen
Morten Poulsen
Patrick Russell (rookie)
Nicolai Meyer (rookie)
Mathias Bau Hansen

Still one MAYBE: Nicklas Jensen will join the team is New York Rangers is elimited, it has been confirmed.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Final team roster announced! 5 rookies when it comes to international hockey!

Målmænd

Sebastian Dahm
George Sørensen
Simon Nielsen

Backs

Jesper B. Jensen
Oliver Lauridsen
Emil Kristensen
Markus Lauridsen
Phillip Bruggisser
Nicolai Weichel (rookie)
Matias Lassen (rookie)
Nicholas B. Jensen

Forwards

Peter Regin
Nikolaj Ehlers
Nichlas Hardt
Frederik Storm
Mads Christensen
Steffen Klarskov (rookie)
Morten Green
Morten Madsen
Julian Jakobsen
Morten Poulsen
Patrick Russell (rookie)
Nicolai Meyer (rookie)
Mathias Bau Hansen

Still one MAYBE: Nicklas Jensen will join the team is New York Rangers is elimited, it has been confirmed.

where Jesper Jensen from Brynas?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad