WC: 2017 Team Czech Republic

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
Hopefully Erat realize that NT on this level is not for him anymore.

I also hope so. I saw him live at WC in Prague - disaster. :shakehead

* Kempny will join Czech team.
* Hertl won't join bcs of injury (probably).

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Well, at least something. Krejcik and Simek added too. Defense is crowded.

Rucinsky also believes that Plekanec will join the team.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Luckily, Erat and Nemec are not joining the team. They are smart and they know that national team is a history for them, however our management was interested. :shakehead

Last edited:

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
Aaaah Rutta, Polášek, Kundrátek, Šulák, M. Doudera, D. Sklenička, KošťÃ¡lek, Šimek, Krejčík, Jordán, Kempný, Gudas, Musil, Kindl, Kolář ... really?!
Less than 2 weeks to start and we have 15 D's?

I think these guys are locked - Kundrátek, Šimek, Kempný, Gudas. I'd like to see Rutta & Musil. What do you think?

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Aaaah Rutta, Polášek, Kundrátek, Šulák, M. Doudera, D. Sklenička, KošťÃ¡lek, Šimek, Krejčík, Jordán, Kempný, Gudas, Musil, Kindl, Kolář ... really?!

I think these guys are locked - Kundrátek, Šimek, Kempný, Gudas. I'd like to see Rutta & Musil. What do you think?

Jerabek should be there too, shouldn't he? Or is he seriously injured after yesterday's match? I know he was hurt and left in the third period but don't know if there's any update on him.. If he's OK, I suppose he's lock too..
I'd like to see if Krejcik is able to transfer his good hockey from play-offs to WHC

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Hahaha, all star defense, we have so many defeseneman, but they are all so average or below average. :laugh:

Agree with your list, however not sure about Simek being lock at this point... but yeah Kundratek, Kempny, Gudas are locks and probably Kolar, too. What about Jerabek? He should be lock too, if he's not injured.

Kundratek, Kempny, Gudas, Jerabek, Kolar, Simek... I can live with that. We are not used to have good defense anyway...

After them... Jordan, Kindl, Krejcik and Polasek will battle it out. I would be surprised if Musil or Kostalek made it all the way to Paris.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Same here, I remember cursing him in the quarter-final quite vividly :laugh:

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Can anyone comment on how Musil and Kostalek have looked?

I would think that Jordan would have a good shot as well.

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
Jerabek should be there too, shouldn't he? Or is he seriously injured after yesterday's match? I know he was hurt and left in the third period but don't know if there's any update on him.. If he's OK, I suppose he's lock too..
I'd like to see if Krejcik is able to transfer his good hockey from play-offs to WHC

We're waiting for Jerabek's results of magnetic resonance... Krejcik can be. I have to recognize that he didnt play bad and he has lot of experiences with NT.

Hahaha, all star defense, we have so many defeseneman, but they are all so average or below average. :laugh:

Agree with your list, however not sure about Simek being lock at this point... but yeah Kundratek, Kempny, Gudas are locks and probably Kolar, too. What about Jerabek? He should be lock too, if he's not injured.

Kundratek, Kempny, Gudas, Jerabek, Kolar, Simek... I can live with that. We are not used to have good defense anyway...

After them... Jordan, Kindl, Krejcik and Polasek will battle it out. I would be surprised if Musil or Kostalek made it all the way to Paris.

Yes, that can be real problem. :nod: We simply dont have lot of good D's. I'd be OK with Kundratek, Kempny, Gudas, Jerabek, Kolar, Simek as you said.

Can anyone comment on how Musil and Kostalek have looked?

I would think that Jordan would have a good shot as well.

I cant comment them after 2 matches against Germany, but I personally like Musil's style.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Plekanec is confirmed, he will join the team and he could be captain instead of Voracek. Hanzal is officially ruled out (no contract, injury). Pastrnak and Krejci are both possibilities, they are interested to join the NT. But they need to clear medical check-ups, which could be problem... especially for Krejci. They would be huge additions.

Michal Vondrka won't join the team. Michal Jordan is still recovering from an injury, but his addition is rather unlikely at this point.

Polasek, Kostalek, D. Musil, Lenc, D. Kubalik and Kousal have been cut.

Current roster, and roster for Carlson Hockey Games

G (3): Petr Mrázek, Dominik Furch, Pavel Francouz

D (13): Radko Gudas, Michal Kempný, Jakub Kindl, Jan Kolář, Jakub Jeřábek, Tomáš Kundrátek, Michal Jordán, Radim Šimek, Jakub Krejčík, David Sklenička, Milan Doudera, Libor Šulák, Jan Rutta

F (16): Jakub Voráček, Jan Kovář, Tomáš Filippi, Tomáš Zohorna, Lukáš Radil, Roman Horák, Lukáš Kašpar, Jiří Sekáč, Roman Červenka, Michal Birner, Michal Řepík, Petr Vrána, Robin Hanzl, Jakub Lev, Petr Holík, Tomáš Hyka

+ Tomáš Plekanec (he won't play in Carlson Hockey Games)

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I feel bad for Kubalik, he played hard, played physical, he was creating scoring chances ... just couldn't put the puck in, all this while playing the 4th line and no PP time ...
The kid tries so hard all year long and eventually they kick him out early when guys like Vrana, Lev, Hanzl, Doudera :help: are staying. Without him Plzen could have already been in the WSM league by now ...

He's still only 21 tho, his time will come :nod:

Also, in what world are Doudera, Sklenicka (both lefthanded) better than Polasek ??

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
I feel bad for Kubalik, he played hard, played physical, he was creating scoring chances ... just couldn't put the puck in, all this while playing the 4th line and no PP time ...
The kid tries so hard all year long and eventually they kick him out early when guys like Vrana, Lev, Hanzl, Doudera :help: are staying. Without him Plzen could have already been in the WSM league by now ...

He's still only 21 tho, his time will come :nod:

Also, in what world are Doudera, Sklenicka (both lefthanded) better than Polasek ??

I totally agree with everything you just wrote. I was so surprised when I heard that Kubalik + Polasek are out and Doudera is still in. Kubalik would be ideal for our 4th line. Such a shame...

Anyway I still hope that Pastrnak will join team.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I agree with you guys. I don't know why Kubalik and Polasek are already scratched and guys like Sulak, Doudera and Sklenicka, Hanzl, Lev or Hyka are still there... Weird.

If anyone's interested, here's a translated short interview with Radko Gudas from Czech media. He talks about NHL medical check-ups and about motivation for the WHC.

"Around 1 week before the end of the regular season, I've suffered injury, and it was clear that I will not make it through the medical check-up. We have talked about it with Jandac [Czech head coach]. I said him that I will not pass the 1st medical check-up, but I said that I will do everything what's possible to go on the 2nd one and pass it. That concussion wasn't that bad so it took me only about 2 weeks and then I was okay."

"Without it, they would not let me go. At thursday and friday, I underwent all of the check-ups that they have... something on computer, reflective checks. Basically everything."

Gudas says that now, when NHL refused to participate on the Olympics, World Hockey Championship is basically top hockey tournament, and he feels even more motivated because of it.

Sorry for bad english, it was a quick translate.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Best possible scenario... 25-man roster

Birner-Krejci-Pastrnak
Cervenka-Plekanec-Voracek
Radil-Kovar-Sekac
Kaspar-Zohorna-Filippi

Repik, Horak, P. Vrana

Jerabek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Kolar-Simek

Kindl, Krejcik

Mrazek
Furch
Francouz

11x KHL
7x NHL
3x NLA
3x Czech Extraliga
1x NHL/AHL

I would very okay with this!

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Best possible scenario... 25-man roster

Birner-Krejci-Pastrnak
Cervenka-Plekanec-Voracek
Radil-Kovar-Sekac
Kaspar-Zohorna-Filippi

Repik, Horak, P. Vrana

Jerabek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Kolar-Simek

Kindl, Krejcik

Mrazek
Furch
Francouz

11x KHL
7x NHL
3x NLA
3x Czech Extraliga
1x NHL/AHL

I would very okay with this!

Well, I could see this team making some noise.
And it's not that far from becoming real too. Just Krejci won't be there probably.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Hi all, question. Is Pastrnak coming? I hope so
Well, he's a RFA. Once he said that if the Bruins were out of the playoffss, he'd go regardless.
He took some time to think it over, but if there's no injury, he should come.

EDIT: I heard he told Jandac something like "You don't think i'm gonna sit on the couch and watch it on TV, do you ?" :naughty:

ikke

May 5, 2013
Den Haag
haha oke. Thanx. Hope he will show up!
I know his contract expired, thats why Im asking

But with or withour Pasta, Good Luck Czechs! I will chear for you!

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Palat, Sustr, or Faksa should take a note. This is how you approach national team.

Pastrnak has a big money and contract on the table, and he's also after play-off battle, but he's not going to take it as an excuse to not go. Love him.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Sekac-Plekanec-Pastrnak
Voracek-Kovar-Radil
Birner-Cervenka-Repik
Zohorna-Filippi-Kaspar
+Horak,Hyka

Jerabek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Simek-Kolar
Krejcik-Jordan

Mrazek
Furch
Francouz

I see medal:handclap:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Sekac-Plekanec-Pastrnak
Voracek-Kovar-Radil
Birner-Cervenka-Repik
Zohorna-Filippi-Kaspar
+Horak, Hyka

Jerabek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Simek-Kolar
Krejcik-Jordan

Mrazek
Furch
Francouz

I see medal:handclap:

Krejci will come after all, I feel it. I am also optimistic but probably not that much. Look at Canada, Sweden and US. It'll be tough. And Jandac is so meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad