WC: 2017 Team Czech Republic

Vidy

Apr 14, 2017
Czechia
David Musil added.I think the best team of current players (+ finalists of ELH & KHL) could look like:

G: Mrázek (25), Francouz (26), Furch (27)
D: Å imek (24), Jeřábek (25), Polášek (25), Rutta (26), Kundrátek (27), Kolář (30) + Klok (21) / Musil (24) / Kindl (30)
F: Kubalík (21), Sekáč (24), Filippi (24), Horák (25), Kousal (26), Radil (26), Kovář (27), Voráček (27), Řepík (28), Červenka (31), Birner (31), KaÅ¡par (31), Vrána (32)

AVG AGE (Musil 7th D): 26,6

Possible additions i would take after 1st round - Pastrnak, Hanzal, Sedlak, Kempny

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I don't have good feeling about the team, but we have some solid players in Europe, so I will stay positive.

It's time to look on the match-ups in the 1st round of the play-offs, there's plenty of time before the start of the tournament, so we could add players after 1st round.

CHI 0:1 NSH (Kempny - RFA)
MIN 0:2 STL (Hanzal - UFA / Sobotka, Jaskin)
ANA 1:0 CGY (O.Kase / Frolik)
EDM 1:1 SJS (Hertl)

MTL 1:1 NYR (Plekanec)
OTT 0:1 BOS (Pastrnak - RFA, Krejci)
WSH 1:0 TOR (Polak - UFA)
PIT 2:0 CBJ (Sedlak - inj., week-to-week)

Not much... one of Kase/Frolik will be definitely available, as well as Hanzal / Sobotka or Jaskin. But Hanzal is UFA, that menas basically no chance.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Gudas still has a chance to go, I hope he makes it, we need him on defense. There are still 2 weeks before the start.

Frolik is available now, I hope he goes.

Kempny is 1 game away from the elimination but he's RFA
Same goes for Hanzal but he's UFA, which is even worse.
Pastrnak and Krejci are also 1 game away from the elimination... but Pastrnak is RFA and Krejci is battling some injury, if I am not mistaken. :/

Current roster:

G: Furch, Francouz, Mrazek

D: Kolar, Polasek, Jerabek, Kundratek, Sklenicka, Doudera, Sulak, Kostalek, Musil, Rutta, Kindl

F: T. Zohorna, Radil, Horak, Kaspar, Sekac, Cervenka, Birner, Kousal, Repik, P. Vrana, Hanzl, Lev, D. Kubalik, Holik, Hyka, Lenc, Voracek, J. Kovar, Filippi

Jandac wants to invite players from Kometa: Erat, Nemec, Krejcik, and also Simek (Liberec). In the case that Erat and Nemec wants to play, then they will be on the final roster for the WHC, you can count on it. Michal Vondrka is also a possibility. He's injured but Jandac wants him, so he's giving him time to recover.

Jandac is also interested about players from the AHL... Specifically Simon, J.Vrana and Mozik. Not sure if he would want Nosek, Frk, Nestrasil or Pribyl.

//I am not sure what's the status regarding Lukas Sedlak, does anyone know?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Forgot to mention Michal Jordan, he's also recovering from an injury, and is a possibility for our defense.

Kempny (RFA), Frolik are both available, would be nice if both went.

Only 1 game from elimination:

Plekanec, Krejci, Pastrnak (RFA), Hertl, Hanzal (UFA) which is encouraging.

Honestly, if Montreal is eliminated and Plekanec says no, then it is absolutely understandable, he went so many times, he deserves a break.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Pasta said somewhere that he'd come regardless he's RFA, we'll see ...

This is what i'd love to see at the end -
Voracek-Krejci-Pastrnak
Kubalik-Kovar-Radil
Hertl-Cervenka-Birner
Sekac-Zohorna-Kaspar
Filippi

Jerabek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Kolar-Polasek
Nemec,Jordan

Mrazek, Francouz

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Pasta said somewhere that he'd come regardless he's RFA, we'll see ...

This is what i'd love to see at the end -
Voracek-Krejci-Pastrnak
Kubalik-Kovar-Radil
Hertl-Cervenka-Birner
Sekac-Zohorna-Kaspar
Filippi

Jerabek-Gudas
Kempny-Kundratek
Kolar-Polasek
Nemec,Jordan

Mrazek, Francouz

That's optimistic for sure. What about Frolik? Not sure with Kubalik and Radil there. But we don't have many options. That's great approach from Pasta if he said that, very nice.

Polasek over Simek, for example? If Nemec is there, I think he won't be 7th/8th defenseman.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
That's optimistic for sure. What about Frolik? Not sure with Kubalik and Radil there. But we don't have many options. That's great approach from Pasta if he said that, very nice.

Polasek over Simek, for example? If Nemec is there, I think he won't be 7th/8th defenseman.

Guys from Europe should get the opportunity to show up, Frolik is great but if all of #93 #46 #88 and #48 were available, i'd use the young guns from Europe to fill the offense.

I thought Radil, Kubalik and Kovar played really well at Karjala back in november, instant chemistry. I'd like to see them together at the Worlds again, Kovar can play fantastic hockey if he's given enough ice-time and some fast wingers who can finish.

I also thought Simek was playing injured throughout the Extraliga finals, he wasn't his usual self imo but i could be wrong of course.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
That's very nice... I was still optimistic about Gudas. He is huge addition. Too bad that Frolik will not be available but at least Gudas is good to go, so not only negative news today. We need Gudas more than we need forward like Frolik, that's for sure.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Can't believe nobody here is speaking about Sedlak, high energy C, eliminated from Play-Off. Could be huge addition.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Jandac wants to invite players from Kometa: Erat, Nemec, Krejcik, and also Simek (Liberec). In the case that Erat and Nemec wants to play, then they will be on the final roster for the WHC, you can count on it. Michal Vondrka is also a possibility. He's injured but Jandac wants him, so he's giving him time to recover.

I am ****ing done. Jandac wants a 35 years old veteran, but doesn't mention Lakatos at all. What else does a 20 years old player have to do? He scored 13 points in 16 games, 8 goals. When was the last time a junior managed to do that?
**** off!

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
http://www.onlajny.com/match/index/date/2017-04-22/id/204995
this game lol :help:

17951900_1392875774102009_2012281878785745756_n.png

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
What a disaster yesterday, haha.

Hertl & Plekanec are available, I am curious to see what happens here, both have contract. Kempny is available but he's RFA. Hanzal does not have contract and is UFA, there's basically no chance. Sedlak is probably injured.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
What a disaster yesterday, haha.

Hertl & Plekanec are available, I am curious to see what happens here, both have contract. Kempny is available but he's RFA. Hanzal does not have contract and is UFA, there's basically no chance. Sedlak is probably injured.

Hertl would be nice addition for sure.
Plekanec didn't have a very good season but he is still very useful player and he would bring some leadership (The "C" I would still give to Voracek though)
Also.. if Plekanec goes, I see no point in taking Erat (and personally, I wouldn't take him anyway).

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'd love to see Pastrnak on the team. With the way he's been playing in the playoffs so far he'd be our best player I reckon. Having said that, I wouldn't be sad if he made it further with Boston :)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
And what on earth are we gonna do with Erat? The last time I saw him play for the NT he was pretty awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad