WC: 2017 Team Canada - Part II

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Always loved Getzlaf, to me he is a monster. Definately should be on the A-team imo. Doubt he will join this team if Ducks get knocked out.

in 2012 he accept invite with Perry)
reshajushhee-slovo-kapitana-geclafa_13365989761021139251100.jpg

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Always loved Getzlaf, to me he is a monster. Definately should be on the A-team imo. Doubt he will join this team if Ducks get knocked out.

The Californian Bobbsey Twins in Anaheim (Getz and Perry) are the enemy in terms of my NHL loyalties, but I give them their due when it's deserved, either in NHL play or with the NT.

I also doubt they join TC in Paris should Edmonton pull out the series W. I prefer Connor in Paris anyway. So, go Ducks.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
The Californian Bobbsey Twins in Anaheim (Getz and Perry) are the enemy in terms of my NHL loyalties, but I give them their due when it's deserved, either in NHL play or with the NT.

I also doubt they join TC in Paris should Edmonton pull out the series W. I prefer Connor in Paris anyway. So, go Ducks.

Connor is definately more fun to watch but he looks a bit gassed or out of sync at the moment. Granted, he had a great game 3 but he didn't look like himself some of the time in game 4 I think. And though he definately hasn't been bad in the playoffs, he hasn't been dominating quite as hoped or expected. Wonder if a long season is cathing up.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
If Pietrangelo and McDavid going roster looks like

2017 Team Canada

Jonson,Pickard,Comrey

Jeff Skinner-Connor McDavid-Ryan O’Reilly
Matt Duchene- Mark Scheifele-Nathan McKinon
Braden Shenn- Claude Giroux- -Mitch Marner
Alex Killorn-Sean Couturier-Wayne Simmonds
Brayden Point

Travis Konecny

Marc-Edouard Vlasic-Tyson Barrie
Alex-Pietrangelo-Jason Demers
Chris Lee-Calvin de Haan
Josh Morrissey

Mike Matheson

Artyukhin

May 2, 2017
If Pietrangelo and McDavid going roster looks like

Marc-Edouard Vlasic-Tyson Barrie
Alex-Pietrangelo-Jason Demers
Chris Lee-Calvin de Haan
Josh Morrissey

Without Pietrangelo, what you think?

Vlasic-Barrie
Lee-Demers
Morrissey/Matheson- de Haan
Morrissey/Matheson

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Edmonton in the pickle juice now. I hope Hockey Canada has a ticket booked for Connor on the off chance he wants in on the fun. I'll take Connor and Parayko. I know you prefer Pietrangelo, but he looks somewhat gassed to me.

A little off topic, but howbout big Getzlaf. never my favorite player, but he still owns a spot on the NT. clutch performance.

just sort of juggling around the depth charts.. with injuries to Sid, JT and Stammer, our A team still looks to be in rather good shape, but after that it doesn't look too good for the B team. but, got to work on it a little more while I enjoy my morning coffee.

Getzlaf can still dominate when properly motivated. He's actually somewhat underrated in the NHL. Funny thing is that as the NHL trends more toward soft defencemen, he seems to get more difficult to handle physically. If there was actually a reason to consider the A team I would still wait on Getzlaf to see how he does during the next season. Canada still has easily the top team if everyone is available, but the youth reinforcements aren't that great.

Connor is definately more fun to watch but he looks a bit gassed or out of sync at the moment. Granted, he had a great game 3 but he didn't look like himself some of the time in game 4 I think. And though he definately hasn't been bad in the playoffs, he hasn't been dominating quite as hoped or expected. Wonder if a long season is cathing up.

I agree, and I wouldn't expect McDavid if Edmonton soon bows out of the playoffs. Something I've also noticed about McDavid is that he doesn't seem to hit the floor running when placed in a new context. CHL, WJC, NHL, World Championships and so on. He definitely seems to figure things out before long though.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Interesting that Hockey Canada has chosen to register only 2 goaltenders so far. Could be an indication that they are waiting for a few more days and another NHL series or 2 to finish up.

Although, only going with 2 is often a Hockey Canada practice. so, who knows.

6 D registered. and Lee is not one of them.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Interesting that Hockey Canada has chosen to register only 2 goaltenders so far. Could be an indication that they are waiting for a few more days and another NHL series or 2 to finish up.

Allen?
I think Hockey Canada add #3 goalie.

Last edited:

86Habs

May 4, 2009
same company, same line of work. 2 years in Frisco. couldn't pass it up.

Lucky you. I spent three years in Santa Clara (~45 minutes south of SF), 8-10 years ago. That was a bit before the 49ers set up shop a few blocks from where I was living. I'd go back in a heartbeat (well, I would never have left in the first place) if my wife's employment situation permitted. You'll have the Sharks in downtown SJ, the Giants in SF, and Stanford and Cal college football very close by if you're into that.

By the way, none of the locals call it Frisco - just a heads up. Also, avoid Oakland.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Where do you see this? I assumed that since they listed him on their roter on their official webpage he was in.

And now that I went back to the page, they've removed Lee. I swear though that when I posted the link to the roster page, Lee was indeed there.

Lucky you. I spent three years in Santa Clara (~45 minutes south of SF), 8-10 years ago. That was a bit before the 49ers set up shop a few blocks from where I was living. I'd go back in a heartbeat (well, I would never have left in the first place) if my wife's employment situation permitted. You'll have the Sharks in downtown SJ, the Giants in SF, and Stanford and Cal college football very close by if you're into that.

By the way, none of the locals call it Frisco - just a heads up. Also, avoid Oakland.

That just means that calling it Frisco will be the new, in thing to do.

86Habs

May 4, 2009

Probably, and that wouldn't surprise me given the hipsters and other assorted oddballs Mr. Writer will run into out on the left coast.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

Thanks. looking forward to it.

Ya, I've been to Frisco a few times. I know the locals don't like it, but I'll work on being a little more sensitive once I become a local.

going to Sharks games is what put it over the top for me.

not much of an NFL fan, but will check out a college game for the experience.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Where do you see this? I assumed that since they listed him on their roter on their official webpage he was in.

And now that I went back to the page, they've removed Lee. I swear though that when I posted the link to the roster page, Lee was indeed there.

I'm sure they have Lee hanging around with the team until they get their final invites out and rejections back after this weekend.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
Thanks. looking forward to it.

Ya, I've been to Frisco a few times. I know the locals don't like it, but I'll work on being a little more sensitive once I become a local.

going to Sharks games is what put it over the top for me.

not much of an NFL fan, but will check out a college game for the experience.

Sharks games are a blast. And Stanford vs. Oregon on an October Saturday evening in Palo Alto...can't beat it.

Are you actually going be living in SF, or elsewhere in the valley?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Sharks games are a blast. And Stanford vs. Oregon on an October Saturday evening in Palo Alto...can't beat it.

Are you actually going be living in SF, or elsewhere in the valley?

working in downtown SF. where I'm actually going to live is yet TBD. I usually like the easiest work commute as possible. When I lived in Moscow it was 2 stops on the metro and 20 minutes to work.

I go in early June for a few weeks to scout and settle some of those questions.

86Habs

May 4, 2009
working in downtown SF. where I'm actually going to live is yet TBD. I usually like the easiest work commute as possible. When I lived in Moscow it was 2 stops on the metro and 20 minutes to work.

I go in early June for a few weeks to scout and settle some of those questions.

The highways into and out of SF are an absolute nightmare during rush hour and driving and parking in the city itself requires a certain level of masochism so if you don't plan on driving you'll want to be close to the transit line - the BART - either south of the city on the peninsula, or east - Dublin/Pleasanton. I mostly visited clients throughout the valley (Mountain View, Cupertino) so was able to drive most places I needed to go and rarely used the BART. Good luck!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm sure they have Lee hanging around with the team until they get their final invites out and rejections back after this weekend.

Sure, but I am surprised that he was on their roster page on the official website. I specifically remember reading his name and looking to see his height and weight (6', 187 is what it said I believe). I am surprised that he was removed from that page. Perhaps it means that Hockey Canada will pursue two defencemen.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Sure, but I am surprised that he was on their roster page on the official website. I specifically remember reading his name and looking to see his height and weight (6', 187 is what it said I believe). I am surprised that he was removed from that page. Perhaps it means that Hockey Canada will pursue two defencemen.

Pietrangelo-Pareyko

+McDavid and Allen:):handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad