2017 playoff predictions

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Couldn't have called the London-Erie series any closer. Respectable at 11 of 12 but others have been better.

Petes - Missy - Missy in 7 - this one will be the first real test for the Petes - Wells will be good but I don't think quite good enough. Missy is shaky in goal but they can score 6 a night so I look for some 6-5 type scores.

Erie - OS - OS in 7 - Erie has home ice and that helps them, only 3 games at the Bayshore - Erie has no proven goalie but they can score in bunches - as good as Parsons was they still scored on him. McNiven is real good so he will be a factor but can he stop 50 a night? OS is the hardest working team across the board and they can score - I think they will eventually out work Erie and Erie's goaltending will be the deciding factor - OS will outlast Erie in this one.
Now 12 out of 14 - Erie takes down OS - Settles the Parson-McNiven question for me. Said goaltending would be a factor and in a sense it was - just not the way I saw it. Erie showed the experince in this one and OS gained a ton - watch out for OS Next year.
Missy won their series with speed and not much of a challenge from the Petes - looked liked they were shocked after they lost game one and never recovered.

Erie- Missy
This series goaltending will not be the factor - have basically the same skill set. Missy has the edge on speed and one of the best first lines in the league. Erie is not quite as fast but does have team speed. I see Erie as a deeper team - Missy plays their first 2 lines hard all game - Erie can roll 3 strong lines and occasionally 4. Erie has a very underrated "D" core and for me this will be the edge in this series - they can skate with Missy and have a strong group that can keep Missy to the outside on the PP. Missy's D are faster but not as skilled and they can't roll 6 top D like Erie. If there is going to be an upset game it will be in game one - Missy may take game one but Erie will adapt and roll from there.

Erie in 4 or 5.

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
East;

Petes over Ice Dogs in 5
Steelheads over 67's in 5
Generals over Wolves in 6
Frontenacs over Bulldogs in 6

West:
Otters over Sting in 4
Greyhounds over Firebirds in 5
Attack over Rangers in 5
Knights over Spitfires in 6

2nd Round
East:
Petes over Fronts in 5
Steelheads over Generals in 7

West:
Otters over Knights in 7
Attack over Greyhounds in 5

3rd Round
East:
Petes over Steelheads in 6

West:
Attack over Otters in 6

Final:
Attack over Petes in 5

Crash a burned in the Conference Finals....

The Steelheads have shown a lot of improvement, and should make the Final interesting, but the Otters will take it in 5.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Steelheads will take it at home in game 6. They seem to be playing their best hockey of the season and as far as goaltending goes Mancina is playing with confidence and I hope he keeps it up. They will need a hot goalie to pull off the upset.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Erie and Missy play a very similar type of game and should make for an interesting league final hard to tell which one of those clubs has the edge both have explosive offensive ability and solid defense I'd say it would be a shame not to see this series go at least 5-6 games but this is junior hockey and anything can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad