:facepalm:

The Gennies fry the Fish in 5 :wave:
:facepalm:

7 /12 the suck zone

West final: Owen Sound in 7

East final: Da Fish in 6

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't disagree, and yet the better regular season team has won all 12 series. (Owen Sound lower-seed, but yada yada yada)

The regular season in the O is so telling of post season success

Meanwhile in the NHL it means squat :laugh:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Erie in seven.
Owen Sound in six.
Peterborough in five.
Mississauga in six.

12/12, these playoff predictions have been going well thus far for me.

Onto the conference finals.

Western Conference

1. Erie vs 3. Owen Sound - This is the battle a lot of people have been waiting for. Erie comes off a thrilling victory over the rival Knights to move on. Owen Sound started slow against the Soo but steamrolled their way to a 6 game win. Erie might be seen in the favorite this series but Owen Sound was the best team in the league post trade deadline. As for the 18 skaters in the ice these teams are pretty damn close to even, Owen Sound has an edge in net with McNiven over whoever Erie goes with. This should come down to the wire. My prediction is a little biased but I have to stick with my Otters. Erie in seven.

Eastern Conference

1. Peterborough vs 2. Mississauga - Two very good teams, I think whoever comes out of this one will stand up tall to Erie/OS in the finals. Peterborough has a talented lineup with pretty good depth, lot of speed but they seem to be inconsistent. Dylan Wells is playing great though and could be huge in this series. Mississauga I feel has the better lineup top to bottom, very strong D core. But they definitely have a big question mark in net. Mancina seems a bit shakey and Ingham has been out injured, don't know the extent there. I'll take Mississauga as I think they are overall the better team but Wells could steal it. Mississauga in six.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
1st ROUND

EAST
PBO over NIA in 5
MISS over OTT in 5
OSH over SBY in 5
HAM over KGN in 6

WEST
ER over SAR in 4
SSM over FLT in 6
OS over KIT in 4
LON over WSR in 7

2nd ROUND
EAST
PBO over HAM in 6
MISS over OSH in 5

WEST
ER over LON in 6
OS over SSM in 5

CONFERENCE FINAL
EAST
MISS over PBO in 6

WEST
ER over OS in 7

OHL FINAL
ER over MISS in 5

Just change Hamilton to Kingston and leave it the same.

Off by a few games but leaving it the same.

Though no one is going to top EON. :shakehead

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Eh, I got the OS series right :laugh:

Predictions...

Peterborough in 7 - This is their year. Might as well take it to the finals.

Owen Sound in 6 - Two very offensive clubs but OS with the edge in net.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Probably my best first round in the last few years of predictions.

Second Round

OS vs. SSM - OS in 6 - correct on both
Erie Vs. London - Erie in 6 - correct on winner

Petes Vs. Fronts - Petes in 5 - correct on winner
Generals Vs. Steelheads - Steelheads in 7 - correct on winner

12 for 12 so far

West - OS vs. Erie - OS in 7
East - Petes vs. Missy - Petes in 6

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
I don't disagree, and yet the better regular season team has won all 12 series. (Owen Sound lower-seed, but yada yada yada)

It has not been a good year for upset-lovers, it's true. At least we've been treated to a few great series, though.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
7 of 8 - not bad but it was my own team that let me down. Also impressed with myself of getting the number of games right, at least I have one victory to celebrate today:handclap:

Petes - Kingston - Petes in 6
Missy - Oshawa - Missy in 7 - this will be a close series - Missy has not proven they can play all out yet.

Soo - OS - OS in 6 - Soo will carry the play but McNiven will out duel Rainmakers.
Erie - London - Erie in 7 - Parsons will again be a factor - Timpano has not shown he is playoff ready - London will not go away easy.
Couldn't have called the London-Erie series any closer. Respectable at 11 of 12 but others have been better.

Petes - Missy - Missy in 7 - this one will be the first real test for the Petes - Wells will be good but I don't think quite good enough. Missy is shaky in goal but they can score 6 a night so I look for some 6-5 type scores.

Erie - OS - OS in 7 - Erie has home ice and that helps them, only 3 games at the Bayshore - Erie has no proven goalie but they can score in bunches - as good as Parsons was they still scored on him. McNiven is real good so he will be a factor but can he stop 50 a night? OS is the hardest working team across the board and they can score - I think they will eventually out work Erie and Erie's goaltending will be the deciding factor - OS will outlast Erie in this one.

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
East;

Petes over Ice Dogs in 5
Steelheads over 67's in 5
Generals over Wolves in 6
Frontenacs over Bulldogs in 6

West:
Otters over Sting in 4
Greyhounds over Firebirds in 5
Attack over Rangers in 5
Knights over Spitfires in 6

2nd Round
East:
Petes over Fronts in 5
Steelheads over Generals in 7

West:
Otters over Knights in 7
Attack over Greyhounds in 5

3rd Round
East:
Petes over Steelheads in 6

West:
Attack over Otters in 6

Final:
Attack over Petes in 5

Bracket is still intact :)

Looking forward to an exciting West Final

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Owen Sound in 6- strong goalie and better team then London. Erie's goaltending not there. Whoever wins here wins the O.

Peterborough in 6- two pretty close teams with Wells a far better goaltender. Peterborough's first real test. Mancina may step up against his old team but he hasn't done it all year.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Mississauga over Peterborough in 5
Erie over Owen Sound in 7

ME16510

Jan 8, 2017
WCF: Erie in 7. Erie has the edge when it comes to skaters, they just need Murdaca or Timpano to step up. I happen to think that Murdaca is very confident now and will surprise a lot of people this series. Erie also has home ice advantage this series and only lost 2 games in regulation on home ice this season.

ECF: Peterborough in 6. Very close, but I think Wells can carry this team if he plays like he has been this post season. If Mancina can elevate his game like I think Murdaca will for Erie, then I think Mississauga can pull out a win.

In a nutshell, teams having a hot goaltender is playing a particularly big role this postseason. Murdaca (assuming he'll start this series) and Mancina both need to elevate their games if they want to keep their teams alive against two very hot goalies that are more than capable of stealing a few games.

Steelman

Sep 26, 2016
I really dont see it as Wells being a hot goalie coming in the East Finals. They just played the lowest scoring team in OHL history in Kingston, and a young but talented Niagara team in the first round.

I've got Missy in 5 and OS in 7

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Erie in seven.
Mississauga in six.

Didn't get the games right, but I'm 14/14 now.

OHL Finals

1. Erie vs 2. Mississauga - For my money these are the two best teams in their respective conferences so it just seems right they face off for the title and a spot in Windsor. Erie has fought through two very tough opponents in London & Owen Sound, while Mississauga's path to the finals has been a bit lighter. To their credit, they crushed their biggest opposition, Peterborough, in only 4 games. Erie owned the season series but that was before Mississauga got Watson back and started to get on a roll. I think these two teams stack up much closer than people think and this could be a tight series. After they've come all this way I have to stick with my hometown team but Mississauga will put up a tough fight. Erie in six.

Tyler8525

May 16, 2011
I'll say Erie in 7... Mississauga is firing on all cylinders and made Peterborough look like a last place team. Erie may be just too fast and skilled for Mississauga to beat in the end. Erie better not take them lightly , Mississauga allowed only 4 goals in 4 games against a strong Peterborough team. It's going to be fun

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
1st ROUND

EAST
PBO over NIA in 5
MISS over OTT in 5
OSH over SBY in 5
HAM over KGN in 6

WEST
ER over SAR in 4
SSM over FLT in 6
OS over KIT in 4
LON over WSR in 7

2nd ROUND
EAST
PBO over HAM in 6
MISS over OSH in 5

WEST
ER over LON in 6
OS over SSM in 5

CONFERENCE FINAL
EAST
MISS over PBO in 6

WEST
ER over OS in 7

OHL FINAL
ER over MISS in 5

Off by a few games but leaving it the same.

Though no one is going to top EON. :shakehead

Leaving it the same.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm shocked someone was able to take down the Attack.

As much as I'd like to see Mississauga take Erie down, I can't see it happening. The Otters are simply too good.

Erie in 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad