PBO over NB 4-0
MISS over OTT 4-2
OSH over SBY 4-1
KGN over HAM 4-3

ER over SAR 4-0
SSM over FLT 4-2
LDN over KIT 4-1
WSR over OS 4-3

Obviously I made my predictions before the season ended, but safe to say I got 7 out of 8. I was just a hair away from perfection with the number of games in the East.

In the second round I have:

Peterborough over Kingston in 6
Oshawa over Mississauga in 6

Erie over London in 5
Sault Ste. Marie over Owen Sound in 7

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
East;

Petes over Ice Dogs in 5
Steelheads over 67's in 5
Generals over Wolves in 6
Frontenacs over Bulldogs in 6

West:
Otters over Sting in 4
Greyhounds over Firebirds in 5
Attack over Rangers in 5
Knights over Spitfires in 6

2nd Round
East:
Petes over Fronts in 5
Steelheads over Generals in 7

West:
Otters over Knights in 7
Attack over Greyhounds in 5

3rd Round
East:
Petes over Steelheads in 6

West:
Attack over Otters in 6

Final:
Attack over Petes in 5

I think this is the first time my bracket has stayed intact after the first round. :)

Looking forward to an exciting second!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Petes - 5
Missy - 5
Shwa - 7
Hamilton - 6

Erie - 5
London - 5
OS - 4
SSM - 6

I know, Im stepping way out there lol.
Wanted to pick Flint originally, but couldn't convince myself do it.

Ok missed on Hamilton by a game 7 OT goal. That must a been a tense arena for the OT!

Petes

Missy

Erie -Just cant see London beating em 4x, but would like to be wrong.

SSM -just to go against the grain a lil bit. Both tough squads

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
Eastern Conference

(1)PBO vs (8)NIA - Petes in 5 (correct winner but Petes in 6)
(2)MIS vs (7)OTT - Steelheads in 6 (correct winner and games!)
(3)OSH vs (6)SBY - Generals in 7 (corrent winner but Generals in 6)
(4)KGN vs (5)HAM - Fronts in 7 (correct winner and games!)

Western Conference

(1)ERI vs (8)SAR - Otters in 5 (correct winner but Otters in 4)
(2)SOO vs (7)FLT - Hounds in 5 (correct winner and games!)
(3)OSD vs (6)KIT - Attack in 4 (correct winner but Attack in 5)
(4)LON vs (5)WIN - Knights in 7 (correct winner and games!)

I did post this before checking scores

Probably my best first round in the last few years of predictions.

Second Round

OS vs. SSM - OS in 6
Erie Vs. London - Erie in 6

Petes Vs. Fronts - Petes in 5
Generals Vs. Steelheads - Steelheads in 7

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Again this year I'm starting off the first round with a perfect record - may not end the first round that way:)
East
Petes - Icedogs - Petes in 5
Missy - 67"s - Missy in 5
Osh - Sudbury - Osh in 6
Kingston - Ham - Kingston in 7

West
Erie - Sarnia - Erie in 4
Soo - Flint - Soo in 5
OS - Kit - OS in 4
London - Windsor - Windsor in 7 ( It is my homer pick)

7 of 8 - not bad but it was my own team that let me down. Also impressed with myself of getting the number of games right, at least I have one victory to celebrate today:handclap:

Petes - Kingston - Petes in 6
Missy - Oshawa - Missy in 7 - this will be a close series - Missy has not proven they can play all out yet.

Soo - OS - OS in 6 - Soo will carry the play but McNiven will out duel Rainmakers.
Erie - London - Erie in 7 - Parsons will again be a factor - Timpano has not shown he is playoff ready - London will not go away easy.

Knight444

Apr 17, 2007
Otters in 6
Attack in 5

Petes in 5
Steelheads in 6

Edit: Ha. I didn't look at your picks before I made mine, EvenSteven, I swear. I like the looks of them though ;)

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Otters in 6
Attack in 5

Petes in 5
Steelheads in 6

Edit: Ha. I didn't look at your picks before I made mine, EvenSteven, I swear. I like the looks of them though ;)

Based on what I know, your picks don't look so good! :laugh:

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Da West

Erie/Sarnia - Erie wins the series but the Sting shock by stealing a game or 2. :amazed: perfect

SSM/Flint - Da Hounds have been rolling as the season has wore on but the Firebirds take one. :rant: perfect

OS/Kitch - The Attack win the series but the Rags won't go away quietly into the night it's a battle for 6 games. :hit: perfect

Wsr/Ldn - (THE MUST WATCH SERIES)This is not last years London Knights and even though Windsor has a free pass to the Gong Show in May this one is ground zero battlefield armageddon! :fence: The long history of hate between these storied franchises shall bubble up out of the ice like an uncontrollable Volcano. :pb: Like the 5 OT classics we saw in the playoffs of yore this will be a battle where only the strongest and most determined will Survive. Spits in a game 7 6 period barn burner! :cf: :hockey:close no cigar

Da East​

Petes/Dogs - Petes in 4 the Dogs get confused with the square corners. :huh: perfect

Fish/67's - If DaFish couldn't beat DaWolves @ home they lose to the 67's in 7 :amazed: oops

Gens/Wolves - DaWolves steal this series in 7, because dey beat DaFish. :scared: UGH

Fronts/Bulls - Remember when they were nieghbors.:heart: The Front fans deserve a nice long playoff run and it starts here Fronts in 7. :pillow: perfect

And of course I will remain the Prediction Champion once again.

:win:
5 of 8 not good:cry:

Round 2 :
Erie eats London for fun in 4:punk:

OS takes the hounds for a walk in 6:cf:

The Fronts upset the Petes in 7(damn them square corners):yo:

The Gennies fry the Fish in 5 :wave:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Tonight's game should be a wake up call for those who haven't seen the Greyhounds play very much this season. Owen Sound hasn't been beaten that soundly (pun intended) in a long time. This series is going to be really close and a lot of fun.

Knight444

Apr 17, 2007
Tonight's game should be a wake up call for those who haven't seen the Greyhounds play very much this season. Owen Sound hasn't been beaten that soundly (pun intended) in a long time. This series is going to be really close and a lot of fun.

Indeed. Very impressive stuff from the Hounds so far. Glad to be proven wrong.

I really didn't think they had his in them with their somewhat inconsistent play over the last couple of months. If this is the level they can continue to play at the sky is the limit for this team.

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016

OS has already lost more games in regulation in these playoffs than they did in the entire second half of the season!

You can't count a team out until it loses at home, and I expect the games at the Bayshore to be much closer at least, but the Greyhounds have certainly looked great so far this series.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
OS has already lost more games in regulation in these playoffs than they did in the entire second half of the season!

You can't count a team out until it loses at home, and I expect the games at the Bayshore to be much closer at least, but the Greyhounds have certainly looked great so far this series.
i have said before with os that they are a young team,especially on the backend and with their top forwards - usually not a good combo. hard to win with that in playoffs. not reg season anymore.there arent games vs guelph or others. rather its 4 to 7 straight games vs top teams. round 2-all good to great teams now. second half of the year they were impressive but they only played 9 games with top teams in league. and though they went 5-2-1-1 in those 9 games, they were fortunate to play 4 of those games against backup netminders because of injuries. they only had 1 back to back stretch vs 2 good to great opponents - against london and erie in back to back nights in feb. So i questioned this young team with somewhat lacking of depth and how they would face adversity. Soo was going to have to win game 1 to immediately test OS. by winning game 2, they now force a younger,inexperienced team with not the greatest depth to face adversity in essentially 2 straight must win games. not over by any means but OS in tough.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Well now lol i guess the inexperience just gave them some very good experience points for the rest of the playoffs and next year when they on paper should potentially be even better. What a great series and a heck of a job battling back by OS total props to Raymaakers he was fantastic to bad he couldnt get the support from the rest of his team to atleast force game 7 for them. That being said Im glad as Im an Attack fan that they fought adversity after being down 2-0 and battling back the.next 4 heres hoping they find away to get through the next round and maybe just maybe we can have another OS vs Missy showdown for the Robertson cup again! It would be fun to fill the bayshore south again! But theres a long way to go. Ill predict missy in 5 and ill decide the os series when we figure out the opponent

ScoresFromCentre

Jan 29, 2016
Predicting these Western Conference playoffs in particular (first round walkovers aside) is something of a fool's errand. Windsor could easily have beaten London; London is one more Tyler Parsons theft away from beating an Erie team that could have won every game in their series so far; the Soo put up a couple dominant performances against OS. I know the playoff predictions game is mostly for fun and bragging rights, but for me these teams are so close that guessing who will get the bounces or show a little more tenacity is just silly. A great team is going to outlast a great team four times and then hopefully not choke to an inferior Eastern Conference winner, and that's enough for me!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well it comes down to game 7 in Erie and the understatement of the day is how even the teams are. I just hope the refs don't decide the outcome and let them play hard, nothing cheap at the end if it is close?. Whoever wins has their hands full with OS who keeps to be getting better as they go.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Well it comes down to game 7 in Erie and the understatement of the day is how even the teams are. I just hope the refs don't decide the outcome and let them play hard, nothing cheap at the end if it is close?. Whoever wins has their hands full with OS who keeps to be getting better as they go.
refs haven't decided it yet, but they helped London get to OT.

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
Predicting these Western Conference playoffs in particular (first round walkovers aside) is something of a fool's errand. Windsor could easily have beaten London; London is one more Tyler Parsons theft away from beating an Erie team that could have won every game in their series so far; the Soo put up a couple dominant performances against OS. I know the playoff predictions game is mostly for fun and bragging rights, but for me these teams are so close that guessing who will get the bounces or show a little more tenacity is just silly. A great team is going to outlast a great team four times and then hopefully not choke to an inferior Eastern Conference winner, and that's enough for me!

I don't disagree, and yet the better regular season team has won all 12 series. (Owen Sound lower-seed, but yada yada yada)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad