2017 nhl redraft 1-15

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
It's going to be a while until we can really say on Patrick. His career has been frustrating to date. Thank goodness we signed Hayes this offseason.
Agreed.. I was tempted to put Frost above Patrick and drop Patrick down to 8 due to injury concerns but he has too much potential IMO to drop him that far.

That being said i would trade Patrick before Frost..... if that makes any sense?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
1. EP
2. Makar
3. Heiskanen
4. Nico
5. Patrick
6. Necas
7. Frost
8. Mittelstadt
9. Glass
10. Chytil
11. Jokiharju
12. Thomas
13. Suzuki
14. Poehling
15. Comtois

I realize you’re a fan of his team, but I don’t see Frost jumping into the top 15 after a couple NHL games. His AHL season to date has been no more than decent, in line with guys like Owen Tippet this year (another player I wouldn’t take in the top 15).

Reactions: Wings4Life

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
There's no chance i'd take either over Patrick. Patrick has much higher ceiling than Glass and while under performing he's still been a better NHL player at both ends. Only way i'd take either of them over Patrick would be due to Injury concerns... and if that's your reason then i totally understand.
Well yeah, if it was a redraft today then the injury problems with him would shoot him down the list a fair bit. I also just love Glass' game and think Jokiharju is going to be real good

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Come on.....
Come on what, you think they do anything different?
Vilardi is Tavares-lite, the kid generates offense like no ones business.. other than likely growing too quickly, which isnt uncommon he has star written all over him. Yes, even though he's missed over a seasons worth of developement.. He's that good.. why the hell do you think he keeps popping up in top prospects list even without playing...

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Come on what, you think they do anything different?
Vilardi is Tavares-lite, the kid generates offense like no ones business.. other than likely growing too quickly, which isnt uncommon he has star written all over him. Yes, even though he's missed over a seasons worth of developement.. He's that good.. why the hell do you think he keeps popping up in top prospects list even without playing...

Uh yea they definitely think hard about it. Hes been hurt every year since he was 16 years old. In hindsight there are far safer players available at 11. Your comparing a player who has played 5 professional games in the past 2 years to a perennial 5 point center.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
1. EP
2. Makar
3. Heiskanen
4. Nico
5. Patrick
6. Necas
7. Frost
8. Mittelstadt
9. Glass
10. Chytil
11. Jokiharju
12. Thomas
13. Suzuki
14. Poehling
15. Comtois

Solid list. I think we could still see a fair amount of jockeying within the top 3 (would love to say top 4, but NJ is a tire fire this year). Mine would be a bit different though...
1. EP
2. Heiskanen
3. Makar
4. Nico
5. Necas
6. Frost
7. Patrick
8. Glass
9. Jokiharju
10. Suzuki
11. Chytil
12. Thomas
13. Mittelstadt
14. Comtois
15. Liljegren
16. Batherson/Rasmussen

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Uh yea they definitely think hard about it. Hes been hurt every year since he was 16 years old. In hindsight there are far safer players available at 11. Your comparing a player who has played 5 professional games in the past 2 years to a perennial 5 point center.
Im comparing talent levels, which is what they are at this point. especially those selected after Gabe..
Necas looks good as do others but the Kings draft a certain way and would likely pick Gabe again..
The FO saw Kopitar 2.0 then and still do now.. I dont think he'll ever have that type of 200ft game but his offense can be elite. I'm also assuming you made an error when you said a perennial 5 point center..Not sure if your talking Gabe or JT?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Im comparing talent levels, which is what they are at this point. especially those selected after Gabe..
Necas looks good as do others but the Kings draft a certain way and would likely pick Gabe again..
The FO saw Kopitar 2.0 then and still do now.. I dont think he'll ever have that type of 200ft game but his offense can be elite. I'm also assuming you made an error when you said a perennial 5 point center..Not sure if your talking Gabe or JT?

Meant 85 pt center referring to JT

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Meant 85 pt center referring to JT
Offensive, they’re pretty damn similar..
Vilardi is much bigger but they have a similar shot, skate and even think the game in a similar fashion.. with that said, those are prospect comparisons obviously... If Vilardi can stay healthy the rest of the season in Ontario he’ll be on the Kings next season then we’ll see what he truly is.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'm just going to focus on the top 5 right now. That said, here goes:

1) Heiskanen/Pettersson (I'm still not sure which one out of the two I'd pick first given the chance)
2) Pettersson/Heiskanen
3) Makar
4) Hischier
5) Necas

The way this draft originally went down was just yet another poor display of the talent evaluation of the European prospects vs NA'n ones. I was surprised about seeing Hischier picked first and as much about Patrick going second. Wonder how much longer it'll take when the scouts and the scouting agencies begin to evaluate prospects coming out from different continents while fully understanding the hardships/far superior competition the elite ones face in their respective games in the professional leagues.

This is one of the drafts where only one player that was picked top 3 was actually worthy of a top 3 pick.

Reactions: king89

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
So why would the kings take him at 11 again knowing how few games he would be playing?

Most of the players at that range haven't played in the NHL yet. It's not about how soon they will play, but how good they will become.

But I wasn't agreeing with the previous poster. I was just providing some context for your post.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
1. Heiskanen/EP
2. EP/Heiskanen
3.Makar
4.Hischier
5.Necas
6.Chytil
7.Patrick
8.Thomas
9.Jokiharju
10.Suzuki
11.Frost
12.Glass
13. Mittelstadt
14.Vaakanainen
15. Brännström

Reactions: king89

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Chytil should be higher on a lot of those lists. He’s better than players such as Frost or Mittelstadt.
The problem with Chytil is that he's been wildly inconsistent. He'll have a couple of week stretch where he looks great, and then he disappears. I also don't think his ceiling is anywhere near as high as Rangers fans seem to accept.

I'm just going to focus on the top 5 right now. That said, here goes:

1) Heiskanen/Pettersson (I'm still not sure which one out of the two I'd pick first given the chance)
2) Pettersson/Heiskanen
3) Makar
4) Hischier
5) Necas

The way this draft originally went down was just yet another poor display of the talent evaluation of the European prospects vs NA'n ones. I was surprised about seeing Hischier picked first and as much about Patrick going second. Wonder how much longer it'll take when the scouts and the scouting agencies begin to evaluate prospects coming out from different continents while fully understanding the hardships/far superior competition the elite ones face in their respective games in the professional leagues.

This is one of the drafts where only one player that was picked top 3 was actually worthy of a top 3 pick.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree on this. Both Nico and Heiskanen were good pics in the top 3, and 4 of the original top 5 are still in your top 5. Sure, the order is a bit different, but honestly, that's a solid result for the scouts in a draft with no "generational" talent. Also, you're criminally underrating Nico.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad