Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers fan coming in peace

Ignore the Makar rumor.

McCagg is now a total attention ***** hack.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
The%20Hardys%20-%20Delete_zps7x14dpqe.gif

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I think the Makar rumours might have some truth to them.

Vegas trades #6 + Methot to Dallas for #3, then trades #3 + either #13 or #15 to us for #1 in order to draft Patrick.

We take Makar at #3 and flip the extra 1st plus something small (Kovalchuk handshake agreement?) to Montreal for Galchenyuk.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Flyers fan coming in peace

Ignore the Makar rumor.

McCagg is now a total attention ***** hack.

Almost certainly. Regardless of who it is, the number one OA pick just historically isn't traded in the NHL. If this were the NBA......different story.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I doubt Ray trades the pick, but, if let's say LV offers their 3 top picks and Theadore, it has to be considered.

Glass or Makar, then guys like Necas, Suzuki, Tolvanen.

But, its very hard to pass on Nico and Nolan

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
I think the Makar rumours might have some truth to them.

Vegas trades #6 + Methot to Dallas for #3, then trades #3 + either #13 or #15 to us for #1 in order to draft Patrick.

We take Makar at #3 and flip the extra 1st plus something small to Montreal for Galchenyuk.

Would #3 and #15 really be worth it though?

snwbdgislife

Sep 14, 2016
I don't dismiss what Pronman and McCagg are saying because it is consistent with what Elliotte Friedman has been discussing and with Jeff Marek saying that the pick is in play.

The best scenario would be if Vegas could use D to trade up from 13 to 3 and then trade 3 and 6 for 1. (Based on Tulsky's chart NJ might have to send a 3rd back.) Walking away with one of the D and Glass or Mittelstadt would be something.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I doubt Ray trades the pick, but, if let's say LV offers their 3 top picks and Theadore, it has to be considered.

Glass or Makar, then guys like Necas, Suzuki, Tolvanen.

But, its very hard to pass on Nico and Nolan

Their top 3 plus Theodore?

I'm doing it.

Edit: and we send them Moore. :laugh:. But seriously, their top 3 plus Theodore, I'd send them Mueller back.

If they take Makar at 1- Shero should be fired on the spot. Even if the scouts are right and he is a franchise defenseman, you cannot take the risk that he plays four years of college hockey and becomes a free agent and picks his own team. The better he is in college, the more likely that is to happen. I don't think that would happen, probably a 2% chance of that happening. While earth would you take that risk? If he ever did that and sign with the Rangers which they always do, The franchise will be in Seattle in 10 years

mort4345

Jun 22, 2017
Even if the Devils think Makar is the best player overall, the organization won't take him first overall - unless Shero is a complete moron. Too much value thrown away. There are plenty of ways to get Makar, plus an additional asset trading down. It's just pure logic.

As an aside, watching the Nico/Patrick highlight YouTube videos, my honest-to-God first impression was that it seemed like a fairly high percentage of Patrick's goals would have been stopped by NHL caliber goalies ... while many of Nico's goals were borderline works or art. Perhaps an exaggeration, but from the small sample I've seen, that was my gut impression ... and not at all what I expected. In short, I'm now in the Nico camp but if some team wants to mortgage the bank, grab the first overall and allow the Devils the grab a top-five pick, another first, and a great prospect, I'm also listening.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I just saw an interview with McKenzie and he said the Makar pick is possible, but from his draft day experience, it's very unlikely that the Devils don't draft Hischier or Patrick. He said it's clear they are the two best players and the best players are taken most of the time.

If they like Makar that damn much, and Dallas is unwilling to trade up to number one and give up really good assets, then call up Dallas and say what do you want for the third pick. You want Cory Schneider? I think they go for that you might have to throw in a third round pick. This way you have both, and if Makar decides to pull a Jim Vesey, you're not left with egg on your face watching Nico score 10 goals a year for the Flyers against you.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Would #3 and #15 really be worth it though?

Historically speaking, no.

The #1 and #2 picks in the NHL draft are typically so valuable in terms of the "talent drop-off", that even a strong offer like #3 + #15 would not equal the value.

The primary reason for this is that there is a HUGE dropoff in historical success once you get past the #8 or #9 pick. Secondarily, there's also typically a bit of a dropoff from #1&#2 to #3 as well, which depending on the draft can be anywhere from slight to major.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Also, and I put no faith in this as I'm not superstitious, but the #15 pick in the NHL draft is the Bermuda Triangle of hockey.

Take a look at the last 20 years, almost no star players taken #15, and there was a 5 or 6 year stretch where the #1 pick of the First Round never played a single NHL hockey game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad