GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Galchenyuk may have to move to wing. He hasn't played well for awhile in all phases at center. Henrique is actually a better center.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
If we take Makar, how many are going to call for Shero's head?

It depends.

I don't think there's a chance in hell we take Makar #1 overall and even the guy that mocked us him explains that if we did take Makar we'd trade out to get him. It would depend on the other pieces that came whether or not I'd be raging. I'd be disappointed we passed on #1 OA regardless, but the return could rectify ill will.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Of course we have a chance at an elite center, our first number one overall since the 80s and rumblings that we could trade it or just not take either of them.

Fantastic.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Probably will miss the pick; won't be back until 7:30(LOL of course they pick 1st).

Just don't do anything stupid. That's all I ask.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
it was one report calm down. there have been way more indications of the devils drafting Hischier than of them trading down.
every year there's stuff like this and the number 1 pick hasn't got traded for a decade +.

His source could have been someone who knew the Devils liked Makar pre lottery but they were picking number 5 then and most likely going to move down.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
If we take Makar, how many are going to call for Shero's head?

If he takes Makar at number 1, or trades down and gets a crappy return to draft Makar, Shero better have a bunch of trades ready to go that are going to blow all of our minds.

I could see Makar getting booed mercilessly when he's introduced to the fans. And for once, I would agree with them.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Really disappointed I'll be missing this, of course TFC plays at home the day of the draft. But I'll be glued to my phone the whole time, just don't **** up!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If we take Makar at one, this place will go full on nuclear meltdown. It will be an event for the ages, and one that I don't know if the board would recover from.

That said, this same crap is reported every single year. They are just trying to stir up interest. People need to R.E.L.A.X.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Pumped for tomorrow, looking forward to welcoming Patrick onboard. If it's Nico, all crappy anime **** will be deleted, I will support Niko Bellic however. :D

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
I really want Nico. I think he'll a dynamic, explosive star for many many years.

That being said, while I'll be very upset if they don't pick Nico, I have faith in our scouts and if they think Patrick is the guy then I'm on board.

What interests me is what we do after that. Will we try to get back into the bottom of the 1st rd? Will we go heavy on D after the Nico/Nolan pick? Would we take a goalie with the 2nd pick (Oettinger)? Do we deal picks, to get players?

So many questions! I PRAY that we hit on all of our picks (of course) but realistically I'm hoping we get 1 star and 2 true NHLers. A guy can dream right?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Not sure I quite understand the anime hatred honestly considering the other, infinitely more annoying stuff we spam the board with. Regardless, you'll have to delete fast because I'm ready for war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad