GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm just glad we can finally see which one we'll be cheering for and which one we'll start to hate. All this liking both nonsense is killing me :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Nico or Nolan

Trade back into the 1st for Brannstrom, POJ or JAD

Ikonen or Boqvist in the 2nd

Farrance or Mitchell in the 3rd

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wait wait wait. I just realized, we are definitely drafting Makar 1 OA. You can't post a GDT pre-midnight. It's bad luck man! I know where I'm going with my pitchfork and torch!

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Wait wait wait. I just realized, we are definitely drafting Makar 1 OA. You can't post a GDT pre-midnight. It's bad luck man! I know where I'm going with my pitchfork and torch!

HAHA :laugh:

Thought it was the 24 hours was the rule. Well it might be both my first and last!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Better get the Makar memes ready:

Marklar.jpg

I always think of Marklar when I hear Makar. I'd probably just call him Marklar.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
when the devils went on the crazy run in early 2011 I posted the GDT's pretty early. maybe the luck carries on lol

Nemec

Apr 5, 2009
If the devils take cale make as that one article suggests, I will cry myself to sleep

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Watching nil network draft shows all night - I'm now solidly on Team Nolan - 60/40. I'd love to have Hischier but Nolan Patrick is the type of #1 center i've been asking for on this team for 10 years.

If we can't traded for taylor Hall last year, I'd probably be all in for Hischier to go with McLeod. But a 1-2 punch of Patrick/McLeod is exciting and you build up the middle...I feel Hischier will be shifted to the wing..Too many physical centers in the Metro...

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Every time you see the word "report", just realize that it's a fancy word for "something one random dude might have said". Using the word "report" is just a way to get people to take it seriously, as if it was some official document filed somewhere.

Also, "reports" that the Devils "are leaning towards" taking someone actually means "they might take him, but they could also take the other guy". In other words, it means nothing.

#Journalism

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Remember last year when writers were saying Columbus would draft Logan brown 3rd OA or how the jets might draft puljujarvi
Lol this is all pre draft hype

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
If we draft Makar 1OA I'll ****ing throw **** at my TV. I don't want to have to buy a new TV. If we trade back and the return is solid, I guess I'll trust in Castron/Shero. Still won't like it right away but I'll give it a chance. I'd still think we're taking Nico/Nolan though.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
sorry to burst everyones dreams but i might as well let it out

theyre drafting me 1st overall……dont be upset, i hit like a freight train with anger management issues.

eddie shore, old time hockey….

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I was right in 2015 when I said we'd take Zacha over Barzal, and my gut tells me we'll take Patrick over Hischier. That said, I think this is MUCH closer than Zacha vs. Barzal. Patrick and Hischier are very close overall.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A lot of talk about Glass having huge potential if he fills out.

Same could be said for Petterson.
I think he will be a great player.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
The makar buzz is getting out of hand. Whether we trade down or take him 1, I will NOT support a team who passes on an opportunity to get their first 1C maybe ever. Can't imagine it happens, but if it does.... It'll be upsetting

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The makar buzz is getting out of hand. Whether we trade down or take him 1, I will NOT support a team who passes on an opportunity to get their first 1C maybe ever. Can't imagine it happens, but if it does.... It'll be upsetting

what buzz? it's one guy in Pronman. the other guy McCagg just tries to get clicks.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
As someone previously said, correctly, it's all "sources" and "I've heard" or "I've been led to believe". Shero doesn't let leaks out, at least not ones he doesn't want out. No one saw Hall/Larsson, Palmieri , or even Mueller. Zero rumblings outside of, at best, crazy HF Boards proposals, nothing solid. Do I think it's possible? Maybe, as Vegas has a ton of assets which makes it unlike any other draft since the salary cap. Likely? No. You just don't trade the 1OA unless you know what you're getting is superior on multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad