2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'll take the black SENS jersey over any of their Red kiddy crested jersey's, including this new Wal-Mart sweater.

View attachment 83621
Fish can make anything look good. What a handsome fella.
How the hell did anyone come up with the idea and then go all the way through with putting "sens" on the jersey. Unbelievable

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Fish can make anything look good. What a handsome fella.
How the hell did anyone come up with the idea and then go all the way through with putting "sens" on the jersey. Unbelievable

You guys saw the jerseys they rolled out for Alfie retirement with an image of him literally built in between the numbers on the back of the jersey right?!?! This to me was the all-time low point for a marketing team that has yet to even come close to that "mediocre" benchmark.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Ugh.....

The SNES jersey?

Probably my second most disliked after the red swoosh jersey.

The swoosh was kind of a cool unique jersey, I actually liked it! The SNES can burn in the fiery depths of hell for all eternity. I have a Martin Prusek red swoosh jersey, I should wear that to the next Sens game I go to for fun.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
You guys saw the jerseys they rolled out for Alfie retirement with an image of him literally built in between the numbers on the back of the jersey right?!?! This to me was the all-time low point for a marketing team that has yet to even come close to that "mediocre" benchmark.
I remember these :laugh: almost reminded me of the kids jerseys with the Mcdonalds M on the back
Also upon viewing in person + wearing the outdoor jersey, I have to say I like it! It looks sharp - if it had 1 more shoulder patch it'd be more aesthetically/OCD pleasing .. Thinking I may get Hoffman on it

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
What are you talking about? The jerseys the players wore in warm up?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

ottawa senators alexei yashin authentic center ice collection hockey jersey | eBay

Saw this on eBay, figure it makes sense to post it here instead of bumping the other jersey/merch thread. It's a bit on the expensive end once shipping is worked in (ebay Global shipping sucks), but these jerseys aren't the easiest to find. Looks like this might be a team issued jersey judging by the accurate customization.

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
What are you talking about? The jerseys the players wore in warm up?

Nah they had a bunch of Alfie themed memorabilia for his 1000th game or retirement and part of that were all of the jerseys Alfie wore during his time with the Sens but instead of the standard 11 numbering on the back of the jersey with 2 separate 1's, they made the numbering one piece and placed various in game colour photos of Alfie in between the 1's. I have searched the internet for photos of these monstrosities with no luck, however I was there in person and saw these things.

Picture the back of a hockey jersey:

Alfredsson

1 (Action shot of Alfie) 1

This is no joke and the strangest thing I have seen the Sens do marketing wise to date.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Nah they had a bunch of Alfie themed memorabilia for his 1000th game or retirement and part of that were all of the jerseys Alfie wore during his time with the Sens but instead of the standard 11 numbering on the back of the jersey with 2 separate 1's, they made the numbering one piece and placed various in game colour photos of Alfie in between the 1's. I have searched the internet for photos of these monstrosities with no luck, however I was there in person and saw these things.

Picture the back of a hockey jersey:

Alfredsson

1 (Action shot of Alfie) 1

This is no joke and the strangest thing I have seen the Sens do marketing wise to date.

main_1-Kobe-Bryant-Signed-Lakers-Custom-Hand-Painted-Jersey-Limited-Edition-1-1-UDA-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

I couldn't find any hockey ones, but I've seen them floating on eBay before. It's not something exclusive to the Senators merchandising team. It's a type of product that has been out there for a while. I can't imagine they are all that popular, since most people who buy jerseys want to wear them, but I guess they would appeal more to the same type of person who'd pay extra to buy an autographed jersey to display.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
main_1492804622-Wayne-Gretzky-Signed-Oilers-Jersey-Beckett-Hologram-PristineAuction.com.jpg

There's a Gretzky one, granted the jersey is counterfeit (auto may be as well). But just as an example. I know legit sites have sold them before, like I said I have no idea how wide their appeal is.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
main_1492804622-Wayne-Gretzky-Signed-Oilers-Jersey-Beckett-Hologram-PristineAuction.com.jpg

There's a Gretzky one, granted the jersey is counterfeit (auto may be as well). But just as an example. I know legit sites have sold them before, like I said I have no idea how wide their appeal is.

Yup similar too these.....i wonder if they sold more than 5-10 of them.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Saw the Adidas up close today at the downtown Sensations. Cheap rubber numbers on a $250 jersey! Cant imagine how cheap the Fanatics sweater will look like!!!!!! :eek:

Adidas jerseys have factory customized numbers. They aren't very good quality as they are very thin. If you own a Reebok Premier replica, look at the shoulder crests. The screen printed material they use. That's the same manufacturing process/material that Adidas uses for the pre-made jerseys.

In that picture, Karlsson looks to be wearing one of the actual team issued authentic jerseys, which are different than the Adidas "authentic" jerseys.

If you want stacked tackle twill, you can always buy from somewhere like Icejerseys or locally Clubhouse who I still assume does that sort of thing.

One issue is, it won't be entirely accurate. I could be wrong, but I think the one ice jerseys these days use one layer of screen printed twill not stacked layers. Our home/away use perforated numbers as well. So it's sort of a bad situation if you want some accurate. You can either go with the Adidas factory customized numbers which will look more accurate but are really low quality that will wrinkle and possibly fade, or you can go with heavyweight tackle twill which won't be entirely accurate but will hold up better over time.

My advice for anybody not entirely sold on the jersey, just wait and be patient. It's not a 100 percent guarantee, but there is a reasonable chance that if places like Sportchek and Sports Experts end up stocking the Heritage Classic jerseys that there'll be chances to get these much cheaper at any of the outlet stores. 50-75 percent off.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
One quick question for anybody who has purchased one of these or seen them in store. Are the Adidas ones made in Canada or Indonesia?

Adidas makes the Adizero "Authentic" line in Indonesia ordinarily, but I remember for the last Heritage Classic game, the Reebok Premiers which were usually made in Indonesia were made in Canada instead. Just curious, thanks.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
One quick question for anybody who has purchased one of these or seen them in store. Are the Adidas ones made in Canada or Indonesia?

Adidas makes the Adizero "Authentic" line in Indonesia ordinarily, but I remember for the last Heritage Classic game, the Reebok Premiers which were usually made in Indonesia were made in Canada instead. Just curious, thanks.
I’m 95% sure they said made in indonesia when I saw them.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00