2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Has anyone seen andersons pads for the outdoor game? Red with matching stripes and an "O" to match the logo. Pretty sweet.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Has anyone seen andersons pads for the outdoor game? Red with matching stripes and an "O" to match the logo. Pretty sweet.
Taken from the "Outdoor Game" Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/outdoor-game-2017-ott-mtl.2359239/page-3
23658455_1690667947650019_715199928960641740_n.png

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Saw the Heritage Classic red jersey today.

It actually looks amazing in person. And I predict that with the full kit together and outdoors it will really turn heads.

Yah so the O is silver. It's 1 game and it's obvious that Adidas was intructed to utilize the silver for both teams in an effort to tie in the silver 100 anniversary of the game btw the sens/habs, as well as, the 100 year anniversary of the NHL.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

It actually looks amazing in person. And I predict that with the full kit together and outdoors it will really turn heads.

Yah so the O is silver. It's 1 game and it's obvious that Adidas was intructed to utilize the silver for both teams in an effort to tie in the silver 100 anniversary of the game btw the sens/habs, as well as, the 100 year anniversary of the NHL.

Haven't seen it in person yet, but I can see how if people feel this way, the Sens totally botched the unveiling by only dropping bad promo pictures.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama

Couldn't snap a photo?
:)

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
defenitely looks silver on tv. some fans had the jersey and it shines. you can see for sure its silver.
not saying i like it. but its not plein as you say.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
As that picture shows, the O is silver, but it's a very white looking silver.

Like I said before, seeing it on an actual person, it looks so much better. I think the Sens or Adidas (whoever was responsible) botched the introduction of the jersey by not having some sort of unveiling where people could get a better idea of what it actually looked like on a player or person.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
defenitely looks silver on tv. some fans had the jersey and it shines. you can see for sure its silver.
not saying i like it. but its not plein as you say.
The Fanatics is even more silver than the Adidas

#1 Fanatics

IMG_3795.JPG

#2 Adidas

IMG_3796.JPG

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Having an issue tracking down a size 58 in the outdoor jersey for a gift.

Anyone have an idea of where to look besides:

-Sens Store
-SportChek
-Clubhouse
-Ottawa Pro Shop
-Pro Hockey Life
-Lids
-NHL shop

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Having an issue tracking down a size 58 in the outdoor jersey for a gift.

Anyone have an idea of where to look besides:

-Sens Store
-SportChek
-Clubhouse
-Ottawa Pro Shop
-Pro Hockey Life
-Lids
-NHL shop

I don't think they make 58's in the retail Adizero jerseys. Even on Adidas official shop, the jerseys only go up to 56 which is considered a 2XL. The jerseys are "supposed" to fit tight I think is the rationale for a 56 being 2XL when it's probably nowhere as big as a Premier 2XL.

They make the "Fanatics Breakaway" jerseys in 2XL, but similar to the Adidas, they are supposed to be form fitting, so I'd guess that it would be similar to the Adizero 56.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Like I said before, seeing it on an actual person, it looks so much better. I think the Sens or Adidas (whoever was responsible) botched the introduction of the jersey by not having some sort of unveiling where people could get a better idea of what it actually looked like on a player or person.

I dunno, I'm watching it on video, and it doesn't look any better. The initial "unveiling" pics weren't helping, but the jersey is just plain bad. It'll be remembered the same way the SNES jersey is today.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

SENS managed to take a crappy red kiddy jersey and ruin a nice Heritage jersey. I've seen it too many times now in person and it keeps disappointing.

Back in Black baby..............

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I'm still on the "I like the jersey a lot train", but if you want to point fingers for who ruined the jersey, it's probably Adidas/NHL marketing and not necessarily the Senators. The lack of bottom striping is something Adidas has done on other jerseys, and the silver logo is tied into the marketing of the game.

If we go back to the black heritage jersey for the speculated rebrand, it'll be interesting to see if it has the bottom stripes.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
there are all kinds of bottom strips on all other jerseys. it can be done.
it is what it is.... lets wait for the rebrand and the eventual 3rd jersey later on. if you dont like this one.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah I saw the Heritage Shirt as well at the Phoenix game and it does look better in person with the silver “O” that looks white in photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->