2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Reebok tried to do the same thing when they originally got the jersey contract. A backlash from retailers and threats to reduce orders was the only thing that changed their mind.

Clearly, retailers aren't putting up as much of a fight this time around.

I suppose with the price drop from $300 to $200 for authentics, retailers may have not been as worried about throughput.

I doubt there's many fans in here that would don that Fanatics ****, and instead opt to upgrade to the authentic.

Haha, hell no. Garbage heat-sealed single-layer crap.

That's what I thought it would be, this is oddly the only customizable option I can find right now: http://www.fanatics.com/NHL_Ottawa_...Senators_adidas_Authentic_Custom_Jersey_–_Red

There's no fanatics jerseys on nhl.com, either. For any team.

Could be an issue with available stock? It's still early in the jersey rollout, they might have a limited 1st run and promised the first batch to brick-and-mortar stores & local retailers.
Must be.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So replicas (which are ****) are $150
Authentics are $200

Seems pretty obvious what their intention is here.

Numbers are only $50 now? That is stitched?

Also, here's something weird, the Leafs website doesnt have a fanatics jersey anywhere, my brother told me: http://www.fanatics.com/NHL_Toronto_Maple_Leafs_Jerseys_Replica

Money grab for the biggest fan base?

The reason things are different now is that Adidas/Reebok (same company technically) "lost" the rights to make replicas. Fanatics bid on the rights and in turn signed a 15 year deal with the NHL.

My guess is Adidas retained the rights to sell an "authentic" line of jerseys, but what they've basically done is turn their authentic line into replicas. In the past, stores would refrain from stocking Edge jerseys because they were so expensive and the amount of people willing to pay 300-400 for a jersey at retail is slim compared to 130-140 for a Premier. So they've docked the price of their "authentic" down to $200 most likely to make it more plausible for stores to stock them and people to buy them, but realistically these are just higher end replica jerseys.

It'll be interesting to see how well Fanatics replica line sells. It's absolute garbage. I thought the previous Reebok Premiers were a bad value compared to their build quality, but these take the cake. Maybe people won't care....and they'll keep selling. But when a Reebok "authentic" jersey is in the same price range, I just can't see them selling all that well.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Can't wait till the new Heritage's come out. If they look half as good as Belleville's, we're in for a treat.

bel sens white.jpg

Attachments

• bel sens white.jpg
    bel sens white.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: NyQuil

quagmire quar

May 26, 2008
NV
Anyone know where to get one of the hats with just the O on the front? Saw one a couple years ago in black, more recently in red. Preferably in black.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Belleville's white's look great.

I really dislike the vintage white (aka beige) If Ottawa does go with the O look I hope it is like Belleville's white.

IMHO, the vintage white should not be used in today's main uniform look unless it is a special heritage game.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone know where to get one of the hats with just the O on the front? Saw one a couple years ago in black, more recently in red. Preferably in black.

Got my black O snapback from local good guy brand Gongshow.

One of the guys in my section bought himself a new #65 Adidas jers, the lettering and numbering appear cheaper than the glued on ones from the previous RBK $50-100 cheapies. If they are rolling with those on all new jerseys I may not bother with it and just get a blank white/red O when released. I pointed out to him the quality of it and that in fact it was hot glued on and not stitched and I believe he was planning on returning it.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
If he bought an Adidas "authentic" it is not glued on, but it is not made of stacked twill. Reebok/Adidas have always had factory customised jerseys that use a really thin single layer screen printed material that is stitched on to the jersey. If the numbers have multiple colors, they'll all just be one layer.

They are pretty crappy, but the upside is they don't usually charge as much for a factory customised jersey as you'd pay for a full multi layer jersey done in tackle twill. Also, I'm not sure if regular jersey shops have the proper material to do the new Sens jerseys. If you've noticed, they have perforated numbers. My guess is most average jersey shops that would provide a tackle twill option won't be able to provide perforated numbers so it comes down to do you want the jersey to look right, or do you want it to be of higher quality but look off.

37155351486_b1cf855641_b.jpg

(http://forums.icejerseys.com/index....eviews-of-the-new-adizero-indo-jersey/&page=1)

Not a Sens jersey, but that's the quality of the numbers. If they are anything like the ones on the old factory customised Premiers, they wrinkle very easily.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Opened today I believe, not sure exactly what area of the mall it is located in

I stopped in last weekend, it's seems like it is not a permanent store, and it didn't have a lot of stuff. I also stopped at Sportschek and they didn't seem to have any cheap reebok jersey's with names and numbers. Lids Same deal.

In FUGLY jersey news, this beauty is listed on ebay as only having *Minor flaws lol and for $40 (after shipping) it could be yours!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/381590661018?ul_noapp=true

Next up, this knock off Karlsson Jersey with signature can be yours for a cool $400...funny thing is I think they auto might be legit
$_59.JPG

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collect...ey/1308284498?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Noticed at the game last night they had new sweaters with what seemed like heat pressed on numbers (very thin) and name with the appearance of little holes in them and then stitched on numbers (thick and similar to rbk numbering and lettering) and name which were blank white

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I bet they'll be Peace Tower jerseys. Lots of images of the Peace Tower being used in marketing this year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
funny thing is I think they auto might be legit

You think the autograph on a fake jersey might be real?

Of all of the things in that picture, which one do you think is easier and more cost efficient to counterfeit - an entire piece of clothing, or $0.02 worth of sharpie ink?

Autographs on fake jerseys for sale to the public are almost always fake. Heck, most autographs for sale are fake, regardless of what they are signed onto. Forged signatures has been at epidemic levels in the collectibles community for decades, and the fakes get better looking every year.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
You think the autograph on a fake jersey might be real?

Of all of the things in that picture, which one do you think is easier and more cost efficient to counterfeit - an entire piece of clothing, or $0.02 worth of sharpie ink?

Autographs on fake jerseys for sale to the public are almost always fake. Heck, most autographs for sale are fake, regardless of what they are signed onto. Forged signatures has been at epidemic levels in the collectibles community for decades, and the fakes get better looking every year.

Assuming items purchased on site should be good? Bought a nice signed EK painting last season at one of the booth's at the CTC...not a big autograph guy really and all other one's I have I actually got signed in person but this one is the first I have bought.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I think Bonk is referring to the secondary market. If you buy an autographed product directly from the team or somewhere like NHL.com, you're probably good. Anywhere on eBay/Kijiji is a huge crapshoot, and I'm not sure why anybody would take the risk.

Although not to go too far off, there have been issues in the past with athletes "forging" their own autographs. Devante-Smith Pelly was busted for auto-penning his autograph on rookie cards, as was Gretzky with autographed copies of his books, and most recently Dak Prescott in the NFL.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I think Bonk is referring to the secondary market. If you buy an autographed product directly from the team or somewhere like NHL.com, you're probably good. Anywhere on eBay/Kijiji is a huge crapshoot, and I'm not sure why anybody would take the risk.

Although not to go too far off, there have been issues in the past with athletes "forging" their own autographs. Devante-Smith Pelly was busted for auto-penning his autograph on rookie cards, as was Gretzky with autographed copies of his books, and most recently Dak Prescott in the NFL.

Is it like a machine, printer or stamp of some sort? Never heard of this and how does one get caught for it?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Is it like a machine, printer or stamp of some sort? Never heard of this and how does one get caught for it?

It's a machine that can use a pen to autograph an item in order to simulate an in person autograph. People would notice an auto pen was used because no two autographs even by the same person are exactly the same. So if a print run of say 100 cards are released and every autograph is 100 percent identical, that would raise a red flag.

Theoretically, players are supposed to sign officially released cards "in the presence of" a Panini or UD official, but clearly this doesn't always happen. Both times auto penning has happened with cards, it has been through Panini releases.

I wouldn't be worried that an autographed Karlsson item you bought directly from the Sens is fake. But the only way to ever know for sure is to get the autograph in person.

http://www.beckett.com/news/dak-prescott-autographs-recalled-by-panini/

“They quickly agreed that these did not look like authentic Dak Prescott signatures. The signatures looked to be from an autopen machine, simply based on the uniformed, non-flowing look we have seen from authentic Dak signatures in the past. We alerted the team at Panini America immediately so they could address it with Dak’s representatives and the NFL Players Association.”

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Yeah, this.

There are legitimate ways to purchase autographed memorabilia that significantly reduces the buyer's risk. The stuff you see at the silent auctions in the arena is usually legit.

Buying any autographed memorabilia on ebay/kijiji is flat out irresponsible. Heck, most trade shows are even a gamble. I wouldn't even trust some of the major companies who "grade" signatures - they've been proven to be very ineffective in identifying competent forgeries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad