2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
The dumbest thing about the old jerseys was the font. So at least they have fixed that by using the same fonts that are on the heritage jersey.

The O at center ice looks great. I also love that the team is using the O as the de facto main logo in all their marketing, it's a great look for the team's branding. It's clean, simple, classic and it's timeless. It's just too bad that apparently the team's marketing dept. didn't get their **** together before it was too late to submit the final concept for adidas jersey for this season. I'm assuming that the marketing exec. suing Melnyk getting fired and Cyril Leeder stepping down had something to do with this? What a bunch of ****ing morons, so frustratingly out of touch. Anselmi on the other hand seems to be the main driving force behind this rebrand. I'm very confident in him. Finally, no more mickey mouse, bush league marketing. Sad that it took bringing in an MLSE exec in, but clearly we're going in the right direction, marketing wise. I'M hoping that the 3d centurions and rbk edge style jerseys get flushed ASAP and disappear forever, never to be seen again like the infamous SNES abobinations.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Not sure if this was previously posted but it's probably my favourite and I'd buy at least 3 of them!!

0819-justinnahhas-nhl100c.png

This this this.

StikTBo

Apr 1, 2010
I agree. I didn't know how the O inside the circle at center ice would come out but I think it looks great.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Any cheap reebok jersey sales yet?

Wait a few weeks for Sportchek and Sports Experts to start stocking the new ones, and then check out any of their clearance outlets. Sportchek usually discounts jerseys and gear 75 percent.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
- 2D was alright. Now I love it, likely due to nostalgia.
- Then the first 3D... that logo had serious issues.
They sharpened it for the current logo. Better, but it was a case of polishing a turd.
- The alternate 2D sucked. Thank god they never used it on a jersey.
- They got on the wordmark train with SNES, that was a huge fail.

It has been a tremendous failure since the release of the first 3D logo. .
Agreed, agreed, really agree, but who knows, maybe if the SENS wordmark jersey had been a nicer design, it might have been ok. At least it was Black.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have to admit, after watching the game last night, I like the black under the arms.

The font is a bit weird.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The jersey a few posts up is beautiful :amazed:

I like the O at center ice! Wasn't sure how it would look because of social media party poopers.

I also like the subtle changes to the jersey. It's still average or below average, but it's an improvement over last year imo (the extra black is cool, and the font is better). Either way, we'll be blessed once the O jerseys eventually take over.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Wait a few weeks for Sportchek and Sports Experts to start stocking the new ones, and then check out any of their clearance outlets. Sportchek usually discounts jerseys and gear 75 percent.

Sport chek is currently at 40% off right now. It'll likely go down closer to cost (about $60) when the new Fanatics jerseys are released September 22.

(I work at sport chek)

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Wasnt a fan of the names and numbering in person, my buddy in a drunken state wanted to buy a new name and numbered jersey and we were told they may be in 2 to 3 weeks

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sport chek is currently at 40% off right now. It'll likely go down closer to cost (about $60) when the new Fanatics jerseys are released September 22.

(I work at sport chek)

I know the stores marked as clearance outlets have had jerseys at 75 percent off in the past. I've picked up a few that way in the 40 dollar range. I paid something like 40+ tax for a $150 WCOH replica last year after the tournament.

Orleans store is particularly good for this but I am sure there are others. Usually the stuff is half off marked ending with .88 cents, and when you ring it up, it rings off as half of the tagged price which results in 75 percent off the original price (not sure why that is).

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think I prefer that centered shielded O concept over JerkStore's new one but I like them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad