2017 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/16-10/5)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Back in the Q. Or elsewhere. No need to rush him if we acquire Duchene.

I think he's ready, regardless if we acquire Duchene and he's not going the other way in that deal. Jarmo says that he expects PLD to make this team better, and produce more offensively than Karlsson did last year

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
FB comments (which aren't great sources, so who knows) indicate the team is offering $1.6m AAV while Anderson wants $2.5m.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It would be nice to have a beat writer with actual source in FO, who can provide what the breaking point in the deal is.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I wouldn't even say that 1.5M is lowballing for a bridge deal coming off an ELC...

17 ES goals in **** minutes? The kid has some leverage.

I think about $2-2.25m is appropriate. Connor Brown money.

Bridge deal at 1.6 mill seems more than fair. He had one good season, and it falls in line with his comparatives.

Sam Bennett got more money than that and is half the player.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Sam Bennett has 2 full NHL seasons, while Anderson has had just one. They also had pretty similar production in their first year. So no way he gets more than Bennett...unless it's right at 2M. He has little-to-no leverage, and his agent has even acknowledged that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sam Bennett has 2 full NHL seasons, while Anderson has had just one. They also had pretty similar production in their first year. So no way he gets more than Bennett...unless it's right at 2M. He has little-to-no leverage, and his agent has even acknowledged that.

Leverage is how uncomfortable do the Jackets feel playing without him. Anderson makes a difference on the ice. We will be fine to start but he is an important part of the team, I think moreso than Bennett is in Calgary and maybe more than Connor Brown in Toronto.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Leverage is how uncomfortable do the Jackets feel playing without him. Anderson makes a difference on the ice. We will be fine to start but he is an important part of the team, I think moreso than Bennett is in Calgary and maybe more than Connor Brown in Toronto.

I don't disagree with you, but Jarmo is not going to break the bank and set a new RFA standard for 2nd contracts by overpaying Josh Anderson

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don't disagree with you, but Jarmo is not going to break the bank and set a new RFA standard for 2nd contracts by overpaying Josh Anderson

Plus Pld may start on wing anyway,and he brings near same size, and plays a heavy game. so not sure there is any leverage there. In my mind, just opens a spot for Abramov to get a 10 game look, and since he cant go back to Jr, and looked every bit as good as Pld in Traverse , Anderson may find himself sitting for a while.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't see the relevance to this discussion. "Physical play" can refer to an intentional strategy of pummeling the other team to weaken them, to the routine manhandling we see in parts of every game, and to a lot of other things. Not the same thing.

But for the record, the physicality in the Pens series is frequently misunderstood. It is an investment, it's not supposed to immediately pay off. Folks made a lot of comments about the Jackets playing better after they stopped hitting so much. Of course they did, and the Pens D predictably played worse as the series went on. That's how investments work.

That was a poor investment then. Because it didn't work well enough. When you can"beat up" a team and out chance them and convert on those chances it works. We didn't convert on our chances. And Pittsburgh wasn't able to get many chances but they converted almost every chance they got.

That style of play may have worked against anyone other than Washington or Pittsburgh, but those teams you have to fight fire with fire. I think Torts understands he's not going to win against Pittsburgh without some high octane scoring putting Atkinson/Bjorkstrand/Abramov on the right side does that.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I agree with Connor Brown money.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
PLD is all but expected to make the team out of camp, right?

I believe so.

Jarmo has said a couple things this offseason that have been pretty telling. He described the expansion trade recently as directing vegas to select Karlsson "because we have internal replacements there." Or something very close to that... But more telling he directly said that he thinks Dubois "can not only make the team but contribute"... Chris Clark also recently said that Dubois came to traverse city with the attitude that he was done with juniors. This management has been extremely reserved on offering too much praise for young players before they've made it. I think it is safe to say that he is extremely likely to make the team... And he looked very good at traverse city.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
This management has been extremely reserved on offering too much praise for young players before they've made it.

Wennberg and Werenski being the exceptions.

Maybe your last name just needs to start with a "W".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad