2017 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/16-10/5)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how anybody could draw that conclusion. Wouldn't listen to him.
Oh, it's easy how someone could draw that conclusion. He seems to have some kind of back injury, and he's a power forward. Therefore IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY!!!111111one

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Portzline saying this morning that Jenner had been skating on the side apart from the team -- but had to stop that skating earlier this week.

Furthermore, no longer considered "day to day" .... based on that it sure sounds like he could miss some significant time. :(

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Honestly, I'm not optimistic at all about this squad. I truly think we will have an extreme drop off from last year. Hate admitting this but have to be honest.

I'm admit to being worried about our forwards coming into the season. Missing Jenner/Anderson is being out two of our top 9 forwards, combined with losing Gagner, Hartnell, Karlsson in the same off-season.. Let's hope our forwards can stay healthy for a while..

But, our defense in theory should be stronger than last season. Nutivaara and Harrington got bumped down a spot with Carlsson.

We have a 2 time Vezina winner in goal with Bobrovsky. Hopefully Korpisalo is more consistent this year.

But, I do have a legit concern with our forwards to start the year. I'd even consider throwing out a waiver-wire pick up at forward to start the season.. Granted, since it goes by last year's standings, we are very low on the list.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Losing Karlsson will prove to be more troublesome than the wingers. Milano and PLD are ready for the show on the wings. Bjork is ready for a full season with the big club. The defense looks good. Korpi will likely be inconsistent in backup.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
But, our defense in theory should be stronger than last season. Nutivaara and Harrington got bumped down a spot with Carlsson.

Does he bump Nutivaara down? Nuti was hurt at the end of the year. When he got in at the very end he was still better than Carlsson. Quincey should have been playing over Carlsson in the playoffs, IMO.

Would not be surprised to see a Murray-Nutivaara or even a Johnson-Nutivaara 3rd pair, when healthy of course.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So hey, there is no word if Jenner's going to be back no? He definitely ain't playing in the beginning no?

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
It sounds like Jenner is day to day, but i think they are playing it safe right now. I wouldn't expect him back for the first few games.

Anyway, I think the lineups the last two games show us what we are looking at for opening night. It is hard to know who sits of Hannikainen, Motte, and Dalpe - but just a wild guess, I think Hannikainen is in and Dalpe has the momentum. I would imagine that battle will change game to game. Decisions will get tough once Anderson and Jenner come back. I believe Motte is the only one that can be easily sent down and is on a two way deal. And I think Schroeder will definitely make a push depending when he gets healthy. A few variables will factor in over the next few weeks, but I think this is how we are starting:

Panarin - Wennberg - Atkinson
Dubois - Foligno - Bjorkstrand
Calvert - Dubinsky - Milano
Hannikainen - Sedlak - Dalpe
(Motte)

IR - Jenner, Schroeder
x - Anderson

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Carlsson
(Harrington, Nutivaara)

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That 2nd-4th lines aren't very good. Lots of pressure on Dubinsky, Bjorkstrand, Milano, Foligno, and PLD. The only ones I trust are Dubi and Foligno. This could be a rough start unless our D or Bob carry.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
That 2nd-4th lines aren't very good. Lots of pressure on Dubinsky, Bjorkstrand, Milano, Foligno, and PLD. The only ones I trust are Dubi and Foligno. This could be a rough start unless our D or Bob carry.
Man the first 16 seasons have really taken a toll on you.

Dubois, Bjorkstrand and Milano have looked like they'll not only make the team but make an impact out there. Bob looked damn good last game and the first line and PPs were rolling.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Man the first 16 seasons have really taken a toll on you.

Dubois, Bjorkstrand and Milano have looked like they'll not only make the team but make an impact out there. Bob looked damn good last game and the first line and PPs were rolling.

I like this team when healthy. I think it's a bubble team. But as is, with the injuries, it's going to be a tough road until we are healthy. It's not about the first 16 seasons. I think Milano and Dubois have shown flashes, but its different between preseason and regular. Until they play there consistently, I can't trust them. Bjorkstrand is hot and cold.

Nevertheless, I am excited to get the show on the road.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I like this team when healthy. I think it's a bubble team.

o_O

I don't think you do like this team if you think they are a "bubble team". Same goes for all you others.

You guys were wrong about your predictions last year, get over it.

2015/16 was a "fluke". There was an "unidentified" "illness" "wreaking havoc".

pled

Sep 7, 2009

why don't you trust Calvert

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
o_O

I don't think you do like this team if you think they are a "bubble team". Same goes for all you others.

Okay then. I hate this team.

why don't you trust Calvert

He's a very good 4th liner and PKer. He can play a little higher in the lineup if he's playing well. But that's about it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
o_O

Welcome back. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->