OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Eli going down to JAX has been floated around for a good amount this season. Between fitting the need and the obvious Coughlin connection, you wouldn't see many Giants fans upset with it. Would be ironic too because they are among the most important figures in Giants history whose endings here were so poorly handled (assuming Eli does wind up being done here after the season of course).

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Because it is for some reason tradition to not fire the coach midseason here.

A tradition that should be broken since he is now doing even more damage to the reputation of the team.
I was against the idea of firing McAdoo midseason, it's not typically done because football is a tough sport for a coach to step in midseason.

But after this disgrace it's clear that McAdoo should be gone and Spag's should be coach for the rest of the year.

Canning a Giant legend while keeping McAdoo in place will go down as one of the worst moves in franchise history.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey

You know your moral compass is f***ed when you show more respect to Josh Brown, by knowingly trying to sweep his domestic violence under the rug, than to Manning by not even showing up the day they bench him

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I disagree with this Manning thing as I mentioned before, but holy crap is this story ever jumping-the-shark in the outsized reaction to it in the media. It was unavoidable everywhere you turned today.

Maybe they just want to bench him so he doesnt get hurt and lose his trade value for all we really know.

One thing I do know is sitting Manning isnt more important than curing cancer or North Korea being able to nuke Chicago. Good grief.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He has no trade value. He is owed a $3 million signing bonus and has a full no trade.

They said it was to evaluate the other tow QBs, but that is crap too. Everyone knows what Geno is, the other kid isn’t even ready to play yet. Plus the Giants are already saying they are drafting a QB so you already know their opinions on these two QBs.

Running them out there to get slaughtered isn’t going to tell you anything anymore then practice.

This is simply a desperate McAdoo and Reese trying to save their jobs by scapegoating Eli.

On a team full of quitters they throw the one guy who never quit under the bus.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't even know Geno Smith played for the Giants now, that's how little I follow football these days. I saw this pop up somewhere and Geno Smith was starting, and thought I was reading about the Jets.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Eagles just got screwed on an absolutely phantom pass interference penalty deep that set up a Seahawk TD. :rant:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So this week was win and I’m in for the playoffs in fantasy. I lost by 1. More specifically I lost by a friggin yard. Had a guy finished with 9 yards. Had he fallen forward ONE YARD more I would’ve tied and won by way of points. I HATE FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My friend came up with a really clever joke last week.

What do Bowles and McAdoo have in common? I guessed it on the first try. Think about their last name's. It's all in the surname.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
looks like I was a year too early for my Vikings love! That team looks really, really good. And thats without their starting QB and starting RB.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The coaching guillotine has claimed McAdoo. It also got the GM too.

About time. I don't particularly care about how Eli got treated, since we all know he was declining anyway, but both McAdoo and Reese were guilty of severe mismanagement of the team the last couple years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now Eli is back as the starting QB less than 24 hours after ending the streak lol, what a gong show they’ve become.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
NFC playoffs are going to be fun

Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Saints, and 2 of Seattle/Atlanta/Carolina

And in contrast to the AFC who has 1.5 teams of any note - Pittsburgh's a .5 cause they always die against the Pats anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad