OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Giants can't even do tanking for a pick properly. They lose when they should win, and win when they should lose.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It's like when it says 4 under "Quarter" on the scoreboard, the Jets seem to remember that they're supposed to be terrible.

I'm convinced that the entire team is solar powered

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Eli not getting the start this weekend. What a disgrace by this franchise. He was offered to start and play some of the game but Eli did not want that saying it would tarnish the streak and if they are going to play someone else then they should start. Unreal.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's one thing to not start him if you think Davis Webb 'can' be the future. But for Geno Smith, seriously? And a Geno Smith on a one-year deal to boot.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is McAdoo fired yet? Cherry on the top of this disgraceful season.

I seriously doubt this was JUST a McAdoo decision, if it is Reese and Mara are negligent in their duties. Even Carl Banks is going nuts on Twitter and he never loses it. Sounds like Francesa had another classic rant too:

(it's mostly the MacAdoo presser till the nine minute mark then the fun starts)

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I seriously doubt this was JUST a McAdoo decision, if it is Reese and Mara are negligent in their duties. Even Carl Banks is going nuts on Twitter and he never loses it. Sounds like Francesa had another classic rant too:

(it's mostly the MacAdoo presser till the nine minute mark then the fun starts)

I hate Mike, but he is spot f***ing on here. Shame on all of them. Ownership needs to take a long look in the mirror and everyone else needs to be fired.

This is a disgrace. I legit want him to go to the Jets and win a title, or at least give them a deep playoff run. Giants deserve to see that happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: NjDevsRR

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Will Eli be like Marty and go to another team?

Why wouldn't he at this point? I mean they'd have to cut/trade him but when you're benching Eli in this manner for Geno Smith you're moving on, plain and simple. The smart money would expect him to be in Jacksonville next year to reunite with Coughlin on a - not so coincidentally - good team that needs an actual NFL QB. I'd love him on the Jets but the Giants would trade him anywhere else outside the division for a 7th rounder before letting that happen.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I think this is macadoofus trying to salvage his job by saying ‘it’s not my system, it’s the aging qb that’s sinking us. Watch what will happen when I put in a young more mobile qb. Oh and please ignore the terrible running backs, wide receivers and o-line or the vanilla offensive scheme.’ Eli is in the swan song of his career but he deserved better.

Reactions: tr83

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Why is McAdoo still coaching the Giants? It was clear he lost the team once he benched Rodgers-Cromartie.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Why is McAdoo still coaching the Giants? It was clear he lost the team once he benched Rodgers-Cromartie.

Because it is for some reason tradition to not fire the coach midseason here.

A tradition that should be broken since he is now doing even more damage to the reputation of the team.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Because it is for some reason tradition to not fire the coach midseason here.

A tradition that should be broken since he is now doing even more damage to the reputation of the team.

And what's lost in this was how fast both Reese and Mara/Tisch were to run Coughlin out of town. I think the talk of "tradition" died with Wellington

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
And what's lost in this was how fast both Reese and Mara/Tisch were to run Coughlin out of town. I think the talk of "tradition" died with Wellington

100% right. Jerry blamed it all on Coughlin, said MaCadoo could do a better job and it never happened.

Now Jerry and his boy are scapegoating Eli and where is ownership? No where to be seen.

Mara needs to see how bad the reaction to this is and do something.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I am straight up watching the Giants this weekend ONLY to root against them. It feels weird.

Reese destroyed this franchise; he shoulders most of the blame. Then Mara for empowering Reese. And finally, the most inept coach at the professional level I've ever seen since Johnny Mac.

All 3 are dead to me. This isn't even an overreaction and I don't think I'm being dramatic. The personnel decisions, signings, and hirings have been dogshit for years. Outside of two draft picks, the drafting has sucked. The Giants have performed terribly vs the league average in draft pick game starts. Then pile on how the Coughlin situation was handled. The moronic, shortsighted overpayment of players like JPP and Vernon....which had to occur because the Giants drafted like shit for years. The refusal and/or inability to obtain/develop the oline and MLB spot FOR YEARS. Same glaring issues EVERY YEAR. Obviously everyone laughs at the Giants oline, as they should, but the bigger issue has always been MLB. The Giants front office is apparently too incompetent to realize that is arguably the most important player on the defense. And they haven't even ATTEMPTED to fix the issue. It's mindblowing. Any betting man knows when a defense loses their MLB, get ready to see that team get torn to shreds the following week most of the time.

But nah, let's just keep targeting the pretty skill position guys. Like a f'n child playing Madden. Might as well since outside of Landon Collins they can't develop a single player that isn't a WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad