OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's the Brandon Marshall curse...remove him from the team and all of a sudden they're a cohesive, together unit :P

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So I finally just now got a chance to see this Austin Seferian-Jenkins thing that's supposedly the worst call in 100 years, and I just dont see it.

I actually think the NFL ref likely got this correct. The likely bit is the part Jets fans have to bitch about IMO, because you only overturn the call on the field (which was TD) if you have conclusive evidence.

It's definitely a fumble prior to the endzone, so if any part of his body touches the white before he "reposseses" the football, it's a touchback. And I think that's likely what happened.

But that "likely" bit is the problem. All I've seen are the two CBC camera views, and both are useless to tell whether it's a TD or a touchback. If the NFL has another camera angle to support what it "likely" looks like, it's the right call. If the NFL doesn't, the Jets got completely screwed. I think they need to release the camera angle they have to put people's mind at rest.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Mike Periera and Dean Blandino (both former heads of officiating) said the overturn was a bad decision. Even Pat homer Scott Zolak was beside himself during the Pat broadcast. It was bad.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So I finally just now got a chance to see this Austin Seferian-Jenkins thing that's supposedly the worst call in 100 years, and I just dont see it.

I actually think the NFL ref likely got this correct. The likely bit is the part Jets fans have to ***** about IMO, because you only overturn the call on the field (which was TD) if you have conclusive evidence.

It's definitely a fumble prior to the endzone, so if any part of his body touches the white before he "reposseses" the football, it's a touchback. And I think that's likely what happened.

But that "likely" bit is the problem. All I've seen are the two CBC camera views, and both are useless to tell whether it's a TD or a touchback. If the NFL has another camera angle to support what it "likely" looks like, it's the right call. If the NFL doesn't, the Jets got completely screwed. I think they need to release the camera angle they have to put people's mind at rest.
The official claim was that "He fumbled, regained possession, then fumbled again and went out of bounds before regaining possession." Where that second fumble comes into play I have no idea, unless they're referring to the ball shaking in his arm as he hits the ground.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Marshawn should have stayed retired, he clearly doesn't want to play football anymore.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Seems like Amari Cooper finally remembered how to catch a ball.:vhappy:

Too bad the D still sucks and has now set a record for most games without an interception. At least NaVorro Bowman seems to have filled the giant hole at MLB for now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So the Jets are playing an AFC game on FOX and the Giants are playing an NFC game on CBS?! This doesn't compute.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Skrine sucks worse and is single-handedly getting the Fish back in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad