OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This league is a joke.

Cam's arm pumping a pass, at the last minute he stops and they call it ROUGHING THE PASSER. Ridiculous

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Um, that play was blown dead because of a delay of game flag.

With a late whistle. That's called a flop. Newton intentionally pumped, pumped, then as SOON as he's about to be decked drops his arms. 100% intentional.

The Eagles have been screwed over so many times by calls this game I've lost count. This game should be an Eagles blowout.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Eagles fought through a TON of adversity to win this game. Never got pizzed off at the refs and just kept playing. 5-1 beating Carolina in Carolina. Loving it.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
If the Giants lose tomorrow, 0-16 talk will not be premature especially with the level of disarray the team is in and the injury situation at WR and flat out ineffectiveness at O-Line. They do still have the 49ers game which they should win, though it is on the road. But other than that it's a hard schedule with young, hungry, rising teams on it. If weeks 16 and 17 are meaningless then I suppose they may win in a pre season type affair, but you never know.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm not watching the Jets tomorrow. I need a break from football after coaching a double OT nail biter today that gave me a million gray hairs, but I'd love to see them pull of an upset over the pats.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And this is why I don't get wrapped up in pick spot in any sport. The Jets HAD a franchise QB there for the taking last year and passed on Deshaun Watson for the 'can't miss' Jamal Adams. Adams by his own admission was awful last week and ten times awful this week while Watson already looks like a star in the making.

This is where Todd needs to show emotion and start lighting guys up on the sidelines and not just waiting for Monday to do it, the entire game's getting away from them and they have their heads firmly up their butts right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If I were the coach, I would have gotten tossed. That's the worst call I've ever seen.

Yeah this is what drives me crazy about Todd...take the 15 yard penalty but at least let this league know you aren't going to stand for this crap. John Hynes rarely argues with the refs but he's gone off with something real egregious from time to time, I do believe HE would have gotten himself t'ed up over something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad