OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't put together how it was not only no TD, but how it ended up being New England ball when it was 3rd down.

They ruled it was a fumble that magically was fumbled before the endzone, then went out of the endzone on a touchback. Which is basically more implausible than the magic bullet theory with JFK.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you fumble a ball and the ball goes out of bounds in the endzone, you lose possession by rule. Is that what happened?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you fumble a ball and the ball goes out of bounds in the endzone, you lose possession by rule. Is that what happened?

Yes, but the 'fumble' was a slight juggle where the ball never hit the ground or the sideline. It was called a TD on the field and somehow reversed with no conclusive evidence of a fumble lost.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes, but the 'fumble' was a slight juggle where the ball never hit the ground or the sideline. It was called a TD on the field and somehow reversed with no conclusive evidence of a fumble lost.

The official made it sound like he fumbled, regained possession, and fumbled again when he never lost the ball.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nah man...Bowles just stood there like a walrus and said it was about not making plays. No Anger. No Sadness. Just stood there. He's a loser.

Which surprised absolutely nobody who's a Jet fan unfortunately.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
What a ****ing scrub. An absolute scrub. Should be fired on the spot.

Should be but he won't be. A f***ing disgrace. He's turning into a joke. How can you not be angry by that??? HOW?!?! HOW CAN YOU SHOW NO EMOTION OVER IT?!?!?!

Which surprised absolutely nobody who's a Jet fan unfortunately.

Joe's going to have a heart attack around 10:30 tomorrow on the Fan.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Should be but he won't be. A ****ing disgrace. He's turning into a joke. How can you not be angry by that??? HOW?!?! HOW CAN YOU SHOW NO EMOTION OVER IT?!?!?!

Joe's going to have a heart attack around 10:30 tomorrow on the Fan.

10:30? Try 10:05-10:10 :laugh:

Benigno's been defending Bowles this year too but I'm sure he's back off that bandwagon now.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I'm hearing more NFL is rigged chatter than I ever have now with that Jets thing. Especially with the Patriots benefiting. Something has been going on since 2001 that needs to be addressed. The NFL pretty much overplayed their hand with the pro Patriots officiating.

If a guy wins the lottery once, he's lucky. If a guy wins the lottery twice he's REALLY lucky. If a guy wins the lottery 18 times and every so often will scream at the drawing girl "THAT'S A 4 NOT A 7, CALL ROUGHING THE PASSER YOU POS" and then gets the call then something is up.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Yeah this is what drives me crazy about Todd...take the 15 yard penalty but at least let this league know you aren't going to stand for this crap. John Hynes rarely argues with the refs but he's gone off with something real egregious from time to time, I do believe HE would have gotten himself t'ed up over something similar.
Todd Bowles' demeanor drives me crazy. That was a spot where nobody would blame you if you get the 15 yard penalty. That call was one of the worst I've seen and it cost us the game.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tom Brady is the best but the Patriots are a deeply flawed team. Giving up 350 yards in the air to ****ing Josh McCown isn't going to win them a SB.

of course not.

i was responding to the dude who was implying the Patriots and the league are in cohoots or something

and this is coming from someone who hates the Patriots more than the Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->