Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Let's face it, the Kesler line is not a scoring line, at least not anymore. That makes Henrique's line the 2nd scoring line.

The problem is putting Ritchie on a scoring line when we have problems scoring and he wasn't getting anything done offensively For 2/3 of the season.

He was making bad decisions / out of place. We should have demoted him to the 4th line to simplify his game / regain some confidence (assuming we play them 10+ minutes a game).

Hockey IQ is still his number one problem, he has tools, but doesn't know where to be and when to be there. If nothing else, he should go to the front of the crease and create havoc with a defenseman/goalie and let Kase/Henrique do their thing on the perimeter.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Playing in the nhl would have gave him some confidence with the puck.... Dude plays with it like it's a grenade and is horrible at winning battles. The AHL would for sure have helped gave him some time with the puck on his stick more.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Let's face it, the Kesler line is not a scoring line, at least not anymore. That makes Henrique's line the 2nd scoring line.

The problem is putting Ritchie on a scoring line when we have problems scoring and he wasn't getting anything done offensively For 2/3 of the season.

He was making bad decisions / out of place. We should have demoted him to the 4th line to simplify his game / regain some confidence (assuming we play them 10+ minutes a game).

Hockey IQ is still his number one problem, he has tools, but doesn't know where to be and when to be there. If nothing else, he should go to the front of the crease and create havoc with a defenseman/goalie and let Kase/Henrique do their thing on the perimeter.

Pretty much agree with everything here. I think you nailed the 4th line comment, but that would require a coach who isn't a f***tard and doesn't feel the need to play his top lines 25 mins a game.

I agree about the hockey IQ in regards to Ritchie, but I think that Ritchie will find more consistency in other parts of his game. He may not be the player we want him to be, but if he finds more consistency and disciple, he's going to be a damn valuable player.

Oct 18, 2011

I actually agree with you, we should have a more offensive minded player in Ritchies spot which is why it's just common sense to have a playable fourth line.

Like if you put Eaves(or Perry) on the Henrique like(assuming he can give us anything) and move Ritchie to the fourth with say Grant and someone like Roy you've actually already made your team deeper and better without doing much....IF THE COACH COMMITS TO PLAYING THE FOURTH LINE.

I just used Roy as an example but even Kossilla could be a boost to the crap we've been doing

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think locking up those two long term locks in the same core for at least 2 more seasons (3 if you count the upcoming one), and also leaves essentially no room for new players (free agents or prospects). Considering the downward trend of the team, I don't think there's a chance in hell Murray considers that.

Oh ok I see where you're coming from, thought it was purely financial. I hope Murray doesn't think like that, though.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'm enticed to bring Jamie McGinn back, especially if the Panthers are willing to retain some salary. He has one more year left $3.3 mil. He fit our system very well before and I think he'd be a perfect compliment for Getzlaf and Rakell and on the PP with his hand-eye in front of the opposing net. Especially since it's also a contract year, I could very well see him score 20+ goals if he's used in that role.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Oh ok I see where you're coming from, thought it was purely financial. I hope Murray doesn't think like that, though.

Yeah I probably should have clarified that it wasn't just financials that make me believe there's no way we re-sign both (with out shedding one of Perry or Kesler's contracts).

I wouldn't hate re-signing both players. It would come down to what they ask for. I don't think we're going to get more from Silfverberg than what we've seen. He's a 20-20 guy who takes a step in the playoffs. Those guys are valuable but with the contracts we have already, no way I give him 5 million or more. I don't think he's better suited for a more offensive role like some here do. IMO, he's in the best spot being on Kesler's line. Kesler and Cogliano play a very simple, straight forward game, and I think Silfverberg does best in that type of line. He has very little vision in the offensive zone. I f***ing hate when he gets powerplay time.

Back to the topic: It really comes down to what both would want for new contracts. I think the forward group needs a more dynamic, fast, goal scorer (Galchenyuk, Hoffman, Skinner). In an ideal world you ship off Perry, Kesler, or Eaves and get someone like that. I don't think any of those 3 are going anywhere though.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm enticed to bring Jamie McGinn back, especially if the Panthers are willing to retain some salary. He has one more year left $3.3 mil. He fit our system very well before and I think he'd be a perfect compliment for Getzlaf and Rakell and on the PP with his hand-eye in front of the opposing net. Especially since it's also a contract year, I could very well see him score 20+ goals if he's used in that role.

Where are you putting him in the lineup?

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

Well, the same could have been said on William Karlsson before this season ;-) It took him quite a while to get where he is now.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Stop comparing Ritchie to wild Bill and palms.... You could tell with both they were going to be better

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Stop comparing Ritchie to wild Bill and palms.... You could tell with both they were going to be better

Karlsson spent 75% of the year in the AHL at Ritchie’s age and put up less than 0.5PPG there.

Ritchie has shown at lower levels that he has potential and has shown flashes of it in the NHL, it’s ridiculous to insinuate he’s not going to get any better.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Would wild bill had the kind of season on any other than team Las Vegas? There is no denying he has talent but would he been given that opportunity with any other oraginzations?

A big part of this is the coach too, who threw him into the fire and let him figure it out. I can’t imagine Carlyle ever letting unproven player getting that kind of opportunity. Maybe Fowler but I can’t think of anyone else.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Would wild bill had the kind of season on any other than team Las Vegas? There is no denying he has talent but would he been given that opportunity with any other oraginzations?

A big part of this is the coach too, who threw him into the fire and let him figure it out. I can’t imagine Carlyle ever letting unproven player getting that kind of opportunity. Maybe Fowler but I can’t think of anyone else.
This argument has to stop. It assumes that Karlsson wouldn't have developed during the time that he would have been here, nor received any opportunities. There's no reason to think that would have been the case. Karlsson wasn't this player when we traded him. This is the player that he developed into. There were plenty of indications at the lower levels that he could develop into this player.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

With opportunity he could have - the goal totals this year are going to be an outlier but he had shown plenty of offensive ability and creativity in Sweden. Torts absolutely buried him in Columbus, he was primarily getting defensive zone starts, PK time and had terrible linemates. He was rarely if ever used on the PP.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The organization talked about Karlsson as a prospect the same way they talked about Manson. A deep sleeper than no one knew.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
What kind of player could we get for Silf+Ritchie?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Taking back Brouwer in a Perry trade would just be idiocy. We don’t NEED to trade Perry, he’s still a good 2nd line scorer. Brouwer is crap.

Well the idea there isn't about swapping Perry and Brouwer in the lineup, its about clearing salary. A deal centered around that might mean little or no retention while opening up $6+ million to spend, and that's just from a financial perspective.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If perry took off season serious for a change I feel he would be much better. Which is why I'm assuming Bob made the "something needs to change" comment when talking about perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad