Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Maybe a guy like Nick Holden could be a fit? Last year of a fairly cheap deal (1.6M), he's a LHD but I believe the Rangers have used him on both sides including as a partner for McDonagh.

He's not a top 4 guy but perhaps a cheap stop gap #5 and an upgrade over Bieska/Beauch?

Speaking of McDonagh he’s apparently available... imagine having a top 4 of McDonagh, Lindholm, Fowler and Manson. Someone would need to play their offside but that lineup would be the best D in the league.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You guys are talking about a lot of players we have 0 chance in getting lol

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm hoping for an acquisition like robadias a few years ago. Solid player who minimizes mistakes and plays good crease defense on the PK.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Some targets:

Alex Petrovic
-only 25years old, 1.8 next year, would the Panthers even move him?
Jordie Benn
-is he good enough to be heads above what we have, due 1.1 next year.
Kevin Connauton
-would Arizona want to move him? Relatively young. Rental, is he better than what we have?
Erik gudbranson
-would be a more expensive rental, no chance of bringing back, price might be higher because of pacific division rival.
Brandon Davidson
-Would Edmonton move him? Still RFA rights. Younger, also part of terrible oiler dcore.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The ideal pickup is Mike green, would help in many facets, but I think there will be a bidding war for him.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm hoping for an acquisition like robadias a few years ago. Solid player who minimizes mistakes and plays good crease defense on the PK.

If he had been able to stay healthy...

I agree. Good add. I think his loss ended up hurting, because he was solid for us in the time he played.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Speaking of McDonagh he’s apparently available... imagine having a top 4 of McDonagh, Lindholm, Fowler and Manson. Someone would need to play their offside but that lineup would be the best D in the league.

Yeah, but what would you give up for him.

He wouldn’t be cheap to acquire.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
You guys apparently missed the memo where RC has anointed Bieksa top 4 status. We’re set in our top 4. Now, Bob’s probably calling Mcphee and wanting Stoner for depth because that’s a Bob move.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah, but what would you give up for him.

He wouldn’t be cheap to acquire.

For a guy that good I would be willing to give up a ton. Steel, Larsson, 1st round picks.

If they didn’t want futures I would consider someone off the roster that’s not Getzlaf or Lindholm.

Goducks

Jan 28, 2018
Huge ducks fan here and a long time reader first time poster.

I would like to throw Luke Schenn into the talk of a low cost pick up to play beside Fowler.
He is a right shot who has greatly improved his mobiliy the last year. Stay at home type defenseman we should be targeting. Then Carlyle could cycle through bieksa and beauchemin with montour.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Huge ducks fan here and a long time reader first time poster.

I would like to throw Luke Schenn into the talk of a low cost pick up to play beside Fowler.
He is a right shot who has greatly improved his mobiliy the last year. Stay at home type defenseman we should be targeting. Then Carlyle could cycle through bieksa and beauchemin with montour.

Welcome to the boards!

I don't think Schenn is the type of player that we should pursue. Yeah, he checks many of the boxes that we'd be looking for -- size, RHD, stay-at-home, physical presence, affordable, etc. However, I've been under the impression that he's nothing more than a bottom-pairing guy at this point of his career. We'd be looking for a player, who'd keep up with Fowler/Lindholm in the top-4...

Reactions: Dmang714

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
For a guy that good I would be willing to give up a ton. Steel, Larsson, 1st round picks.

If they didn’t want futures I would consider someone off the roster that’s not Getzlaf or Lindholm.

I don't know if McDonagh would be that good for us, especially since we'd then be playing a career LHD on the right side. The cost/benefit ratio just doesn't match for me IMO.

If we're willing to make another splash this season, I'd rather have it be Hjalmarsson, as he actually has history of playing the right side, even on a contender. Plus, I don't think it'd be AS expensive to acquire him, even though we'd still lose quite a bit of futures to do so.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I'd love McD but this team is in no position to give up Steel+ until either Henrique commits long term or you can get Terry to sign his ELC. You can't have all of Steel, Henrique, and Terry potentially leaving. That would be a disaster

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Welcome to the boards!

I don't think Schenn is the type of player that we should pursue. Yeah, he checks many of the boxes that we'd be looking for -- size, RHD, stay-at-home, physical presence, affordable, etc. However, I've been under the impression that he's nothing more than a bottom-pairing guy at this point of his career. We'd be looking for a player, who'd keep up with Fowler/Lindholm in the top-4...

Yup. He's averaging under 16 minutes a game in Arizona, and that is not a good blue line, and the biggest knock on him is a lack of mobility. Those two things alone scream "Stay away" because alongside Fowler he'd be seeing top 6 match ups, wouldn't be mobile enough to cover for him, and he'd see his ice time increase pretty significantly. That's not going to fly. Having Schenn out there playing with Fowler is either going to force Fowler to play ultra conservative or we'd see a lot of breakaways. Neither option is acceptable, and that's just at the offensive blue line. You need some mobility in your own end too, for clean breakouts, and we've already got a mistake prone Bieksa there forcing Fowler to do most of the work. Even if Schenn is less mistake prone, he's not someone who would help our breakout. Instead of Cam needing to cover for Bieksa's mistakes, he'd be on an island in terms of needing to break the puck out. Different problem, but same result.

No on Schenn.

Reactions: Paul4587

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Give me Hjalmarsson or Jeff Petry please

Hjalmarsson would be ideal, just have a feeling a bidding war might make that price tough to swallow - and that there is a GM out there more desperate to add a top 4 guy who will easily outbid Bob.

Petry fits as a player, but do we go out and get a guy with three years remaining at a 5.5M cap hit? The good news is he's into his declining salary years (5M next year and 4M for each of the final two). I just wonder if a shorter term stop gap might be the way to go.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Old man Jagr is on waivers today, for contract termination purposes. The guy still insists on continuing his career, whether that's in the NHL or somewhere in Europe.

I know it wouldn't make any sense to put a claim on him, but there's a part of me that would like to see him in an Anaheim jersey. If nothing else, the old man would at least help our godawful PP.

Rakell - Getz - "Jagr"
Kase - Kesler - Silf
Ritchie - Rico - Perry
Cogs - Vermette - Brown/Wagner

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Old man Jagr is on waivers today, for contract termination purposes. The guy still insists on continuing his career, whether that's in the NHL or somewhere in Europe.

I know it wouldn't make any sense to put a claim on him, but there's a part of me that would like to see him in an Anaheim jersey. If nothing else, the old man would at least help our godawful PP.

Rakell - Getz - "Jagr"
Kase - Kesler - Silf
Ritchie - Rico - Perry
Cogs - Vermette - Brown/Wagner

Up until this past year I would be all for the idea, but Jags is done - time to retire to his stud days.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vancouver fan said Tanev for Montour and a 2nd....

id honestly strongly consider that, tanev has the rest of this season + 2 more at 5 mil.
Top 4
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Tanev

would be disgusting, that makes us a strong contender for the next 3 post seasons. You figure guys like Larsson Welinski Mahura will fill in the remaining 2 spots after that. Biggest issue would be injuries, might scare people off.... but when hes healthy hes really good dmen.

Hjalmarsson and tanev are the guys id love to target, I would prefer not to use Montour... and instead use 1 of Larsson/mahura as the dmen going back but not sure we could afford to keep Montour with that kind of money coming in anyway.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

id honestly strongly consider that, tanev has the rest of this season + 2 more at 5 mil.
Top 4
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Tanev

would be disgusting, that makes us a strong contender for the next 3 post seasons. You figure guys like Larsson Welinski Mahura will fill in the remaining 2 spots after that. Biggest issue would be injuries, might scare people off.... but when hes healthy hes really good dmen.

Hjalmarsson and tanev are the guys id love to target, I would prefer not to use Montour... and instead use 1 of Larsson/mahura as the dmen going back but not sure we could afford to keep Montour with that kind of money coming in anyway.
except if we traded for Tanev RC would still keep Bieksa with Fowlet and Beauch with Tanev.

We have a 2 year window unless we miraculously find a 1C and shed Perry's contract. Rent a prospect and start selling during the 2019 2020 season to get those assets back plus more.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada

Top 4
Lindholm Manson
Fowler Tanev

Wouldn't be horrible in terms of value but would be worrisome for his injuries. I think he be a good partner for Fowler as well and I'd hope RC would use him that way.

It would be risky banking on Larsson or Mahura being able to replace Montour, though.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Tanev is sure to miss a dozen or more games a season like he always has and is UFA after the next two seasons and should be expensive to sign to a new contract we shouldn't be trading young cost controlled long term players for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad