Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Who was that? Larkin?
Yeah. From what I have seen in the game I watched, completely invisible. He is getting 4th line minutes but he stands out in a bad way. It'll take him quite a while to adapt to the pro game. His league to the AHL is a MASSIVE jump in skill.

Reactions: McDaddy

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Yeah. From what I have seen in the game I watched, completely invisible. He is getting 4th line minutes but he stands out in a bad way. It'll take him quite a while to adapt to the pro game. His league to the AHL is a MASSIVE jump in skill.
I didn't realize at first he was div3 college, thats why I had a bit of giddiness when I saw the signing. I expect his lumps during transition, but I also now don't expect him to ever be an impact player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I didn't realize at first he was div3 college, thats why I had a bit of giddiness when I saw the signing. I expect his lumps during transition, but I also now don't expect him to ever be an impact player.
I think he ends up in the ECHL for most of next year so he can play more than bottom line minutes.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Larkin will be buried in the ECHL within a year, not AHL quality let alone NHL, don't understand how he got a contract.

Likely means the Oilers are moving on from some of their under performing prospects who are up for contracts and saw an opportunity for AHL/ECHL depth?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is actually a bad thing IMO. Guys who don't score much, and then have a massive jump in the draft+1 year, tend not to pan out very often.
What the fork?

That's the furthest thing from the truth I have ever seen.

I could understand that if Maksimov was a streaky scorer but he isn't

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
This is actually a bad thing IMO. Guys who don't score much, and then have a massive jump in the draft+1 year, tend not to pan out very often.

So it would be a good thing if he didn't increase his scoring? That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Give your head a shake

Reactions: CornKicker

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

He had 22 points in 29 games in his draft year... not sure why he played so little (injury?), but it's hard to read too much into those numbers.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So it would be a good thing if he didn't increase his scoring? That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Give your head a shake

Jesus, no, obviously not. That isn't what I said. The guy posted that he had a big jump in scoring in his draft+1 year. But that is expected, and does not mean nearly as much as people think it does. Would you rather a big jump than not? Well, duh, of course. But it doesn't really mean much.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jesus, no, obviously not. That isn't what I said. The guy posted that he had a big jump in scoring in his draft+1 year. But that is expected, and does not mean nearly as much as people think it does. Would you rather a big jump than not? Well, duh, of course. But it doesn't really mean much.
But thats not what you said.

Reactions: Senor Catface

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
id prefer it is Maksimov scored less than he did the year before

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

I think it's super obvious his usage was different based on the team he played on, so your comment is false in this case.

In his draft year he had 15 goals in only 29 games with Niagara, and 4 more in 4 playoff games. That's 19 goals in 33 games. This season is only a reflection of that. There was no huge jump. It's basically a carry over from his draft year with Niagara.

He's a good prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad