Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’ll say it again - I have Maksimov as a darkhorse to get a 9 game look out of camp next year. He’s a shooter, right handed, good size, good speed, feisty (2nd on his team in PIM), defensively responsible (for a winger). Can’t say enough good things about his game.

Edit - the Oilers read my posts, my boy just signed his ELC.

Last edited:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Saint John has been the worst team in the Q since they traded Veleno. Can’t blame Safin for being disengaged.

If I ran the Oilers I’d be putting some gentle pressure on the SeaDogs to trade him.

I mentioned that in an earlier post that I don't blame him for not being engaged. As for trading, I don't think it is allowed on an import his first year. I agree he should be traded as well. Moncton or Halifax will be hosting the next Mem Cup. I think it will be Halifax so I'm willing to bet the farm he gets traded there. Halifax will be a powerhouse next year if Zadina gets sent back. They have 4 players that could be drafted in the top 25. Pretty impressive. They probably will not win it all this year but next year they will be all in

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had 2 assists, 4 shots (3 considered dangerous), took a delay of game call (PP goal) and was even, but the Mooseheads gnawed on the Sea Dogs 7-3.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Mar. 14/18 Sea Dogs 3 Mooseheads 7 – QMJHL

Stuart Skinner (L 29-21-4) made 22 saves but the Blades carved up the chaps of the Broncos 5-2.
WHL Network
Highlights: Blades (5) at Broncos (2) – WHL Network

Cameron Hebig had the GTG goal short-handed, 8 shots, won 5 of 7 faceoffs and was even, as the Pats kept the Raiders out of the Lost Ark 3-2 in a SO.
WHL Network
Highlights: Raiders (2) at Pats (3) — SO – WHL Network

Tyler Benson had an EN goal and an assist, 7 shots and was +1, as the Giants stomped out the Blazers 4-1.
WHL Network
Highlights: Giants (4) at Blazers (1) – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had 2 assists, 2 shots, won 4 of 9 faceoffs and was -2, but the Thunderbirds flew in the faces of the Chiefs 6-3.
WHL Network
Highlights: Thunderbirds (6) at Chiefs (3) – WHL Network

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So I took a look at the NHLe numbers for our prospects (basically a way to translate their junior numbers to what it would equate to in the NHL which makes it easier to compare across leagues)
Here are some numbers of our draft+1 guys and how they compare to Drais draft+1 year

Draisaitl: 36.669
Maksimov: 32.466
Yamamoto: 35.424
Safin: 20.609

So Yamamoto is putting up some very good numbers, more impressive so is Maksimov. Safin is looking good too.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
7 games involving all 8 prospects on Friday.

QMJHL

Saint John (Ostap Safin) at Saint John @ 4 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) at Erie @ 5 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Kitchener @ 5:30
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Peterborough (Dylan Wells) at Oshawa @ 5:30 PM
Listen at 90.5 CJMB Peterborough or watch on OHL Live

WHL

Swift Current (Stuart Skinner) at Regina (Cameron Hebig) @ 7 PM
Listen at 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or 620 CKRM Regina or watch on WHL Live

Tri-City at Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) @ 8 PM
Listen at 1510 KGA Spokane or watch on WHL Live

Kelowna at Vancouver (Tyler Benson) @ 8:30 PM
Listen at 1040 CKST Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ostap Safin had 2 assists, 4 shots (3 considered dangerous), took a delay of game call (PP goal) and was even, but the Mooseheads gnawed on the Sea Dogs 7-3.
QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.
Mar. 14/18 Sea Dogs 3 Mooseheads 7 – QMJHL

Stuart Skinner (L 29-21-4) made 22 saves but the Blades carved up the chaps of the Broncos 5-2.
WHL Network
Highlights: Blades (5) at Broncos (2) – WHL Network

Cameron Hebig had the GTG goal short-handed, 8 shots, won 5 of 7 faceoffs and was even, as the Pats kept the Raiders out of the Lost Ark 3-2 in a SO.
WHL Network
Highlights: Raiders (2) at Pats (3) — SO – WHL Network

Tyler Benson had an EN goal and an assist, 7 shots and was +1, as the Giants stomped out the Blazers 4-1.
WHL Network
Highlights: Giants (4) at Blazers (1) – WHL Network

Kailer Yamamoto had 2 assists, 2 shots, won 4 of 9 faceoffs and was -2, but the Thunderbirds flew in the faces of the Chiefs 6-3.
WHL Network
Highlights: Thunderbirds (6) at Chiefs (3) – WHL Network

Just curious, does Yama play center all year in Spokane or just time to time? You would have to figure management has one of these players penciled in next year.

If they are gonna put them on the team, give them a roll they had in junior. I hate the fact we are ruining Puju. What does it hurt to put him in OT now?

Can we send Saifin to Bakersfield right now(if he is 19)? I would like to see what he can bring at the next level. He didn’t exactly bring it in the World Jr and I was not overly impressed with him at the Halifax game Wednesday night

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Big mistake if we send Safin to the AHL..

Let him play it out in junior. He needs time.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mostly agree, but I hope he'd have a chance to play on a better junior team next year. It's ridiculous how bad his team is this year.
To be honest if the choice was bad junior team or bad ahl teal, I would take the bad AHL team. To me...

Good Junior > Bad AHL > Bad Junior > Oilers

Reactions: RebuildTheRebuild

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Safin's season with the Sea Dogs ends tomorrow. I expect that he'll sign a tryout deal with the Condors for the remainder of their season, and then be back in the Q next year. Likely with a different team as Saint John doesn't seem like they'll be making any kind of a push next year. First year import players can't be traded in the CHL so that's why he wasn't moved this year in case anyone was wondering.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The Swift Current/Regina home and home will more than likely be a first round preview, as Regina is 3 points up on Brandon. Brandon, however, take on first place overall Moose Jaw in a home and home and getting at least 3 points off of them will be very tough. I was kind of hoping that Regina would've finished as the first WC team, as their opponents would've been Medicine Hat, who are actually 6 points behind Regina, despite being first in the Central.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Safin's season with the Sea Dogs ends tomorrow. I expect that he'll sign a tryout deal with the Condors for the remainder of their season, and then be back in the Q next year. Likely with a different team as Saint John doesn't seem like they'll be making any kind of a push next year. First year import players can't be traded in the CHL so that's why he wasn't moved this year in case anyone was wondering.

Nice, ow many games does Bako have left? I would suspect that how he does to end the season in the AHL will tell us what we need to know about his pro readiness. I still would prefer if he went back to the Q for another season to delay his ELC and let him master the CHL level before making the jump.

Maksimov with 4 assists.

Good for him. I said in Penticton that Maksimov impressed me more than Yamamoto did. I really think that we have something in Maksimov and Safin.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Nice, ow many games does Bako have left? I would suspect that how he does to end the season in the AHL will tell us what we need to know about his pro readiness. I still would prefer if he went back to the Q for another season to delay his ELC and let him master the CHL level before making the jump.
The Condors will have 11 games left after this weekend.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Ostap Safin had no points, 2 shots (neither considered dangerous), lost his only faceoff and was even, as the Screaming Eagles turned up the decibels against the Sea Dogs 3-2.
Mar. 16/18 Sea Dogs 2 Screaming Eagles 3 – QMJHL

Kirill Maksimov had 4 assists, 2 shots, was +4 and named second star, as the IceDogs chewed on the Otters 6-3.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Mar. 16/18 – NIAG (6) – ER (3) – Ontario Hockey League

Dmitri Samorukov had no points, no shots and was +3, as the Storm flooded out the Rangers 6-3.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Mar. 16/18 – GUE (6) – KIT (3) – Ontario Hockey League

The Petes court-martialed the Generals 8-4. Dylan Wells had the night off.

The Pats corralled the Broncos 3-2 in OT. Stuart Skinner had the night off. Cameron Hebig wasn't in the lineup.

The Americans broke the treaty with the Chiefs 2-1. Kailer Yamamoto wasn't in the lineup.

Tyler Benson had no points, 7 shots, won his only faceoff, was -2 and named second star, as the Rockets exploded ion the eardrums of the Giants 5-2.
WHL Network
Highlights: Giants (2) Rockets (5) - Vancouver Giants

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
7 games involving all 8 prospects today, including one on Sportsnet.

QMJHL

Saint John (Ostap Safin) at Cape Breton @ 1 PM
Listen at 96.1 CINB Saint John or watch on QMJHL Live

OHL

Mississauga at Niagara (Kirill Maksimov) @ 1:30 PM
Listen at 610 CKTB St. Catherines or watch on OHL Live or watch on SNE, SNO, SNP and SNW (after the Oilers game)

Guelph (Dmitri Samorukov) at Erie @ 5 PM
Listen at 1460 CJOY Guelph or watch on OHL Live

Hamilton at Peterborough (Dylan Wells) @ 5 PM
Listen at 90.5 CJMB Peterborough or watch on OHL Live

WHL
Regina (Cameron Hebig) at Swift Current (Stuart Skinner) @ 7 PM
Listen at 620 CKRM Regina or 94.1 CIMG Swift Current or watch on WHL Live

Vancouver (Tyler Benson) at Kelowna @ 8 PM
Listen at 1410 CFTE Vancouver or watch on WHL Live

Spokane (Kailer Yamamoto) at Tri-City @ 8 PM
Listen at 94.1 KJRB Spokane or watch on WHL Live

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Looks like the University of Nebraka-Omaha's season is done, so we'll find out if Vesel is getting a contract pretty soon, I'd guess.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Probably just sat him out, like what with they did with Hebig. Playoffs are coming up and the teams just want to keep them fresh.

Cool, I don't keep track of the standings so that would make a lot of sense.

Looks like the University of Nebraka-Omaha's season is done, so we'll find out if Vesel is getting a contract pretty soon, I'd guess.

He should. Hopefully hes signed soon and goes to Bako.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Maksimov with an assist after two periods, just one point away from 80 on the year.

Safin no points in an 8-2 beating that is almost over. Looks like he'll finish the year with 58 points. A very good season considering where he was just a year ago, but I'd hoped to see him hit the 30-30 mark. Next season he should be a candidate for 100 points, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad